• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Is Marnie voiced by Christina Vee? She sounds ok & I'm glad they kept her British like Gloria, but I was expecting something more like a thick Cockney accent to match her lines in the games

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It's disgusting how many new banners there are and yet 10,000 gems + 3,000 extra won't be enough. I think I'll just save them all. Marnie and Piers are sure to be added to the regular pool.

And why haven't they updated the 5*-Guaranteed Sync Pair list yet?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Piers will be in the normal pool but as for right now, Marnie is a fair and will probably stay as such for a while.

Sure, they can change their mind kind of like what happened with SS Grimsley who was initially meant to be limited (at least according datamines) until he wasn't.

Nebbygetinthebag

Not really fan of Leon getting Charizard could have been a Dragapult but oh well having another user with Earthquake is nice.

It's about time that they add Diantha took them long enough, seems like a good fairy striker to have and Iris with Hydreigon is a good tech pairs really liking her kit.

Marnie doesn't really deserve to be a poke fair, she could have been a regular unit like her brother.

Not sure who I'm going to pull considering they are many poke fair and I only have around 11k Gem:(

It's great seeing Hilbert grid being good and I'm digging his EX colors. Hoping I get more dupes of him because I have him at 1/5.

Last edited:

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
I don't like how Marnie is a PokeFair unit. All the other PokeFair exclusives made sense (Champions and/or paired with a legendary), Marnie is neither of those.

I'm a little disappointed Leon is another special striker Charizard pair. I liked the fake leaks claiming he was a support unit; it even would have made sense considering his gig in the SwSh postgame.

Going against the fake leaks, Champion Iris is actually looking pretty good. I would've pulled for her anyway, but it's nice that she's good in gameplay too.

Cyrus and Hilbert grids coming soon, so that's good. Leaf grid next please?

My gem plans... Spend everything on Leon, don't get tempted by the sword dog, and then spend whatever's left on Iris.

LordSerperior

Got Marnie in 2 multis thankfully so decided to try my luck with Leon. Did 5 multis on his banner and did not get him but I'm satisfied with what I got. I went from no May to a 3/5 May, my first Dawn and got Hilbert to 3/5 just in time for his grid. The rewards on the first 5 multis made it worth it as well (this is the most 5 star powerups I've had at any given time).

I don't think I'll try for Leon again. I'm currently at 34k gems which I'm keeping for Iris. Also with my 5* Hapu and May now, I think I'm okay with the current ground coverage I have.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Got Leon in the second multi but did 3 more for the rewards. They are really that worth it specially with the increased 5-stars rate (2% is a lot). With this I improved my Bianca (2/5) and finished SS Grimsley (5/5)

Got REALLY lucky with Marnie. She came in the first multi.

Now I can resume saving. Will only do multis for Diantha and Iris IF I don't get them through dailies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Man they couldn’t have been more blunt about the Leon promotion lol

I’m not even going to bother trying to get the new Pairs if I can get at least Piers

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Did two multis on Dande's banner and got my first Lilie plus a couple dupes giving me 3/5 Plumeri and 4/5 Karin. It's something.
Kinda wish I hadn't blown that many gems on Valentine's, those 12% odds are nice.

Nebbygetinthebag

Did 4 multi and I did not end up getting Leon but I had a Lillie copy at 3/5 which is nice, a Burgh copy at 2/5 but I really don't care for him at all and a new Mallow, May, Sabrina and Morty which is great though I was hoping I get another Hilbert.

Also really suprising how good Skyla EX outfit is.

Last edited:

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Two more multis on the Dande banner and ALL I got was another Karin dupe.
At least she's 5/5 now.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Last edited:

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
The fact that they don't bother announcing any of these literal whos on the actual official twitter means it's probably not something a whole lot of people care about.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Speaking of VAs, someone on the Masters Discord posted this japanese fansite with a list of possible list of who voices who in that version. Not sure how accurate it is aside the already confirmed cases though.

LordSerperior

The physically weak Leon full force battle has given me a great reason to use some of my favourite off meta strikers like Bugsy and Roxie. It feels great to see Bugsy almost one-shot the Gyarados with his sync or the sides with Twineedle. Now imagining if he had Blind Spot/Inertia.

I really hope DeNA gives the 3/4 star gachas grids soon. It's becoming harder to use them anywhere. I used them in the Champion Stadium before Master Mode but without grids it's harder to fit them on teams. I'd even be fine if they lock their grids behind a 5* promotion just let me use them again somehow.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Oh wow Cristina voices Marnie? I knew her voice sounded familiar but I couldn’t pin point it.