• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Beat Master Mode. I swear it’s always the 4th E4 member who gives me the most trouble. Even more than the Champion. I had to resort to using evasion hax with Silver to win against Koga.

Will: Karen, Houndoom, Blissey
Bruno: Dawn, Rosa, MC with Torchic
Koga: Blaine, Silver, Lucy
Karen: Misty, Sycamore, Koga
Lance: MC, Hau, SS Blue

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Used my whatever these league tickets are and raised Lucario, er, Korrina to 6*EX. Now her dog can nuke everything with a meteor fist.

Still have no idea how people here have like 7 6*EX already. I only have SS!Red, Korrina, and Skyla.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I had to resort to using evasion hax with Silver to win against Koga.

He's weak against burning and trapping, you're meant to use those. Attacking him directly just makes him buff his defenses.

Here's mine:
Itsuki: Karin/Serena/MC's Achamo
Shiba: Shirona/Acerola/Furo
Kyo: Asuna/Katsura/Majicos Green
Karin: Adeku/Mei/Ran
Wataru: Kamitsure/Denji/Fuyou

Last edited:

Ignition

He's weak against burning and trapping, you're meant to use those. Attacking him directly just makes him buff his defenses.

Here's mine:
Itsuki: Karin/Serena/MC's Achamo
Shiba: Shirona/Acerola/Furo
Kyo: Asuna/Katsura/Majicos Green
Karin: Adeku/Mei/Ran
Wataru: Kamitsure/Denji/Fuyou
I know. That’s why I have Silver (Sacred Fire), Blaine (Fire Spin), & Lucy (Wrap). It was the fact that his Ariados kept evading most of the time.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I know. That’s why I have Silver (Sacred Fire), Blaine (Fire Spin), & Lucy (Wrap). It was the fact that his Ariados kept evading most of the time.

What I did was just burn and trap him right away, then let him be and focus on the sidemons, only attacking Ariados with sync moves and otherwise letting the burn and trap damage take him down. He died before his second sync.

Ignition

What I did was just burn and trap him right away, then let him be and focus on the sidemons, only attacking Ariados with sync moves and otherwise letting the burn and trap damage take him down. He died before his second sync.
I did the inverse with burning/trapping the sidemons and focusing on Ariados. I’ll keep that in mind for next time.

LordSerperior

I did the inverse with burning/trapping the sidemons and focusing on Ariados. I’ll keep that in mind for next time.
The sidemons don't really attack until the main dies so statusing the main first is more useful. Also I wouldn't really use Lucy and Blaine on the same team since they both serve the same role here. I think replacing one of them with a defense buffer or healer would have made it easier.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
So how can anyone deal with Cresselia on Very Hard.

Use Sycamore. Use a grid setup that gives Xerneas Master Healer 1 and then spam Horn Leech. It helps if you have a pair to give it evasiveness like NY!Lillie or even misty.

Also, do you happen to have Grimsley? You can also use Snatch to get rid of its buffs thus making your team endure hits better.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
So how can anyone deal with Cresselia on Very Hard.
If you don't have Grimsley, Brycen can Haze Cresselia's buffs.

As long as you get rid of the buffs, Sycamore can solo the rest.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Sycamore can solo, except Cresselia then decides to erase Xerneas from existence with a single Hyper Beam to the face. Beyond there, I have no idea how to get rid of the 27% HP left.

EDIT: Xerneas died from poisoning during bar 2, but that kept Cresselia at full sync move countdown. SS!Red, NY!Lillie, and Skyla basically played survival while SS!Red got up to speed, NY!Lillie nullified Toxic twice, and Skyla kept everyone alive. It was dicey, but the moon thingy went down.

Last edited:

Nebbygetinthebag

Cresselia was really annoying to face, I beat her with two team the first being Sycamore-Skyla-Grimsley which manage to take me to the 3rd hp bar and the second being SS Red-Misty-Volkner, was quite lucky with Volkner constantly flinching Cresselia while Misty support and Red attack.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
EDIT: Xerneas died from poisoning during bar 2, but that kept Cresselia at full sync move countdown. SS!Red, NY!Lillie, and Skyla basically played survival while SS!Red got up to speed, NY!Lillie nullified Toxic twice, and Skyla kept everyone alive. It was dicey, but the moon thingy went down.

Just save your trainer move to heal the poison. Helping Hand can handle the earlier paralysis.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
If you have NY!Lillie why not use her with Sycamore.? She'll block status. I think she gets the refresh on the trainer move as early as 1/5. Get rid of the Cresselia's buffs and then use Sycamore sync to improve Sp.Def.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Xerneas basically used Sycamore's trainer move early so that his team members could heal and last longer. Grimsley stole buffs while Karen debuffed Sp. Atk. I didn't want to use NY!Lillie then because her getting taken down first would reduce my options for support in the second bout. Basically, she kept the team alive longer and giving SS!Red the boost to spam Blast Burn while Skyla healed and got incinerated by Hyper Beam.

All that mattered was getting a lucky break in bar 2 to get the second team rolling. Otherwise, had they been at bar 3, they would all get slaughtered, starting with a charged up Hyper Beam.

In other news, these story events are so lazy. I can't believe they really think these flesh out characters.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
So the strategy I used was having Cresselia target Sycamore first. So Lillie and Grimsley could resume doing their support/debuff work. With the master healer nodes and on Horn Leech, Sycamore pratically becomes immortal. Lillie's evasion hax and well-timed debuffs with Snatch are a great help as well.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
My Xerneas managed to live. But then, I had Vigilance as lucky skill so I don't need to worry about crits. Maybe that's what yours is missing?

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
How the heck did anyone here avoid getting blasted to kingdom come by Cresselia's Hyper Beam. It dealt 1200 damage easy despite being debuffed and Xerneas by buffed to the max.
Whoops forgot to mention you need Vigilance as a lucky skill.