• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
I take Clefairy isn't that bulky?

To be honest, I haven't used normal Lillie that much aside from the Palentine Event. Since I have her much better NY version, I see no use for Clefairy

By the way, looking at sync grid helper, it's possible getting Stagerring + MGR 9 + All healing nodes + Recuperation 1 in one build. Since she triggers Main character theme skill with Red and Serena, I know what to use on Legendary Arena and CS. Will probably use Leon instead of Red on Villa since MP Rekindle is more useful there.
I mostly use Clefairy to A. Debuff the opponents since there is a grid for that at Sync 3. B. Buff accuracy and damage to kingdom come and C. EX buff.

It's mostly a buffer and an offensive support, that's what it is good for and why I use regular Lillie... regularly. (Amazing with any pair with semi low accuracy.)

She also hits PRETTY hard for a support.

If you use all the support units as the same, you're going to get disappointed.

As for the Royal, here is thing. Anime Teams do NOT equal game teams. The Royal doesn't have an Incineroar in the anime and it's kind of a thing that Kukui picked the starter STRONGER against the MC's starter.

It's implied Elio is Alola's MC. It's either Hawlucha or Snorlax.

This is the similar problem I had when people were expecting Lusamine to have Nihilego, despite ignoring everything SM's ending had and ignoring how Masters IS using USUM's route. So Pheromosa and Bewear made the most sense instead.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Every adaptation has disprove that. (Manga, "Family picture with Lusamine and the kids looking the same then as in the point in the story" Anime "She look like it anyways." and Ultra "Obsession never got to a critical point.) Plus Masters points the clothes issue to be something else. (Narcissist that doubted her kids fashion taste.)

They kind of stated that Pheromosa came out of nowhere too.
Let me rephrase that.

It's not a stretch to say Lusamine totally looks like Pheromosa by sheer(?) coincidence.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Let me rephrase that.

It's not a stretch to say Lusamine totally looks like Pheromosa by sheer(?) coincidence.

Hairs off, colors off and even the clothes pattern is off.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
The same could be said about Lillie and Nihilego if we want to nitpick every bit, though.
News flash, Lillie's old look was NEVER based on the jellyfish.

Hats off, patterns off entirely, dress is off.

The whole point about Lillie's look in the games (both sets) and Manga is that Lusamine became that much of a control freak and was so scared of change that she didn't want her kids to change in fear of losing them too.

Last edited:

LordSerperior

I take Clefairy isn't that bulky?

To be honest, I haven't used normal Lillie that much aside from the Palentine Event. Since I have her much better NY version, I see no use for Clefairy
Bulk isn't too much of a problem since I don't tank with her, it's mostly the fact that there is no real point in syncing with her so the passive is wasted. Every team I've tried her on, there were better options for sync. Her buffs are nice but I just use SS Elesa and Lead for accuracy buffs since I find them better.

NY Lillie doesn't really have the same function as regular but yeah she's pretty much a staple for me in CS and I use her way more often. Need another support candy to finally unlock Master Healer for her.

Edit: Beating Latias with C Iris was so satisfying. I used her in a full force battle before but they don't let her shine as it's hard to accumulate debuffs. This battle on the other hand was perfect for her.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Man, this Arena was annoying. I speed-read the tips and I didn't noticed Latias would get the Invulnerable passive if it buffs too much. So I just found myself losing with Hypnosis Red Team.

After quickly looking on Reddit, found out we are supposed to debuff Latias, so I end up using Sygna Kanto Trio.

Blue's tank prowess surprised me. It lost the endure but after the passive healing Leaf gave him (it refreshed a lot on my attempts) and one of his healing passives, it still tanked two more hits before Red finished Latias.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
My biggest problem at the moment is just how darn many grass, water and fire Pokémon we got!
We need some more poison, fightning, ground, ice and faerie in my oppinion.
Poison only got a single 5*, same goes for fightning and ground.
Ice does have some more as does faerie but we got no real striker for ice besides a seasonal and faeries are just getting their striker now.
They got a ground top 4 member, koga or his daughter synga suit option and a Galar gym leader as options for these spots.
And for fightning as you said give the prof his mask and a Hawkalucha! :D

In general they got so much unused potential when it comes to sync-pairs!
Would love to see Juan in the game, since he is such a obscure character really.
We have enough Fairy Types in this game. It seems like every major update adds a new Fairy Type pair.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Giving us Sycamore was perhaps more than enough to fill in the atrocious Fairy-type void populated by Mina and Valerie.

Lillie, (She's not a bad pair, use her as an offensive support and she will deliver,) Palentines day girls, Summer Lyra (Before she got rendered obsolete by Palentines.) and finally, our angel Diantha.

And Pheonix, try using a debuffer like Champion Iris or Lillie. Worked for me for 2 of the 3 matches and in the 3rd, I got Latias so low that Sycamore, Valentine Dawn and Valentine Serena finished up

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Lillie, (She's not a bad pair, use her as an offensive support and she will deliver,) Palentines day girls, Summer Lyra (Before she got rendered obsolete by Palentines.) and finally, our angel Diantha.
Don't forget Gloria, somewhat.

Though the problem here is that only Lillie is a Fairy-type Sync Pair that can be obtained easier at any time. The others? All locked in Poke Fair/Seasonal banners.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
And Pheonix, try using a debuffer like Champion Iris or Lillie. Worked for me for 2 of the 3 matches and in the 3rd, I got Latias so low that Sycamore, Valentine Dawn and Valentine Serena finished up
I don't have Champion Iris yet. She didn't spark in the dailies. Might do a couple of multis on her banner tomorrow (the last day) though. Really need to play safe since BunMay's coming.

Either way, since I've finished already with Kanto Trio, I'd probably save her for Champion Stadium matches.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I used Platane/Akagi/Giima for the Latias battle, it went pretty well. Platane is stupidly unkillable.

Hachiku can probably stand in for Giima for a 100% f2p team too.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Don't forget Gloria, somewhat.

Though the problem here is that only Lillie is a Fairy-type Sync Pair that can be obtained easier at any time. The others? All locked in Poke Fair/Seasonal banners.

There is a reason your saving your money and gems, right?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
There is a reason your saving your money and gems, right?
All for naught when the banners refuse to give the units we desire. I pretty much will not spend another dollar when the pull rates are atrocious and the banners gleefully expect people to spark after using...what, 20k gems? I think it's much larger than that, but not even a month of saving all gems is enough.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
After a day of people freaking out over their EX Red's sync move doing zero damage to Latias, this is just really funny to see.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Viola's been so handy. The grid did a miracle with her.

Anyway... Man, I really messed up. Got too carried away and end up spending more gems on Iris banner than I should. I've gotten her. Got Diantha though she only needed 2 multis. But now I have roughly 5180 gems. Not enough for May. I still have paid gems though but things are gonna get rough tomorrow. Wish me luck.