• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

LordSerperior

Burgh was a pain to get, don't remember how much I spent on him but on my 3rd multi on the May banner, I pulled 3 Mays. I only really wanted her for collection but the Ramming Speed High Jump Kicks are great and she can also max out team speed. I actually quite enjoyed using her. Burgh is just mad fun though. An accuracy + crit support that fits my Kris team and its just fun to see a little Togepi launch all those crazy moves for 1 bar, with the best part being all the moves in the metronome pool are safe. Also got my Elesa to 3/5 so I can put her EX to good use and pulled my first Nate.

I'm down to 29k gems for now. Should be back over 36k by the next datamine since I'm not planning to pull anyone else. Hopefully no more seasonals until the summer 2021 ones. I have both Summer Steven and Lyra so their rerun should be safe. Slightly concerned about a potential Alder rerun or a new pokefair character that I like though.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Got Haruka on my first 11 roll, but then blew the rest of my gems on the Arti banner, only getting a single Green dupe out of it.

At least I got the one I really wanted though. Still sour about missing both valentines' units.

And yeah, there's way too many limited seasonals nowadays.

Hunga

Don't forget Gloria, somewhat.

Though the problem here is that only Lillie is a Fairy-type Sync Pair that can be obtained easier at any time. The others? All locked in Poke Fair/Seasonal banners.

<--- THIS!

I know we're getting more and more fairy types in the game but Gloria isn't a real fairy tbh and Sycamores sync move is purely support.
You're kinda stuck with any decent 3* star you need to max to 5* if you missed the scouts or were unlucky as I was.

I just hope they fix this, since they got SOOOOO many possibilities when it comes to synca pairs they could use for the "not-loved" types.
Fighting is one of the most common gym types for example! o_O
Ground still got a top 4 member they could use as a sandstorm setter (would be REALLY nice! Is there even a sandstorm setter in the game?!).
Ice has Pryce as synga suit and his alter ego for example! And I think fans would love it.

Overall I'm a bit bored by the amount of Electric, Psychic, Dragon, Water, Grass and Fire sync-pairs rolling over us.
I know certain Pokémon types are just more common but dang, we got enough of those... Give some love to Ground, Ice, Fighting and Poison!

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Seasonal events means more gem hoarding for me. Might reconsider for Burgh & Togepi, though, because I love the concept.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I guess Burgh somehow managed to shy himself away from Bug-types, though it is a bit strange, other than the fact it fits him only because of egg-decorating.

Kind of really weird that there are Lucario-themed eggs - the important ones to get - and yet Korrina only plays a very little boulder-crushing addiction gag.

So, like, what was that piece Burgh promised, anyway.

Tried going after S!May with all my 9k gems but got nothing in return. Ugh. Now I know how people at the Mario Kart mobile game feel. Rates continue to be atrocious.

By the way, if you lack any other Sync Pair beyond the ones you get in-game, it's impossible to collect enough Lucario Eggs to get all the prizes in time before the event ends.

After feeling a bit letdown from the above, I went and used 30 5* Scout tickets to blow off some steam, and I ended up getting a third Serena to unlock her whole grid. Don't know how effective that makes her, though. (When are they going to update the list, really? I'm only missing 4 people in there...)

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
When your crush ditches you for the other guy

12cf471373884583.jpg

9189b41373884586.jpg

Sorry, I just couldn't resist

(The Brendan image has so much meme potential...)

============

Jokes aside, end up getting Easter May with the tiered scout. More specifically in the tier 2. So she basically cost me 1200 paid gems. I'm so happy all end up working in the end. Now gonna stick to dailies only and farm more gems. Time to prepare the stock for whatever is coming on May (the month). Hopefully nothing I'll really want.

Ground still got a top 4 member they could use as a sandstorm setter (would be REALLY nice! Is there even a sandstorm setter in the game?!).

Acerola.

And she is even free!

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It's kind of very disturbing that Brendan worries (on a really bad Barry-made falsehood) that May will just...stop battling, when the Professor Birch's child stops battling the character before the 7th gym and can't be refought. Of all the things he could worry, dude has a heart attack the girl won't battle anymore.
Uh, no? You can exchange other eggs for them, you know.
Oh. Never mind.

ignore meeeeeeeeeeeeee

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
I hit 3k too late for another shot at Iris, so I did a 10 roll for Diantha, and got her right away. Neat.

I want to say that I'll be saving for the 2nd anni master fair, but I'll probably get tempted by N before that.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Yeah, and not really useful tbh... :D

Acerola is fantastic. Give her the Aggrevation passive on her grid and she has more than a 50% chance of flinching with her single bar move you're spamming every single turn to reduce sync count. Give her Defense Crush 2 as lucky skill and she becomes a handy debuffer as well.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Acerola with Cynthia is great. The sand team strat with Skyla complemented the Red/Serena combo fairly well in the Villa since it covers physically weak opposing mons.

And it's going to be even better when we finally get Bertha with Hippowdon. I'm fairly sure they are going to be a support sand setter tank pairing given what Hippowdon have in the games.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Acerola is great in general thanks to her flinch rate. Egg Kabutops can set sand as well, and it's absolutely an option to run that with your Shirona in master mode so you can ue Acerola as a flincher on another team.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
For some reason kept dealing 0 damage in second bar, but I stubbornly kept going at it until she started to suffer greatly.
That's the "Invulnerable" passive. If she buffs too much attacks won't damage her anymore. You probably made it because Serena was using the status leech passive to debuff her. The Serena-Red-Skyla strat doesn't work much because of that passive. That's why I used Leaf to beat it since she debuts defenses and kept invulnerable from triggering.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The gods of gacha finally decided to give me a banner's character and so I got E!Burgh alongside my first Lyra and a second OG!Blue. Going after E!May was discouraged because I had already gotten all the extra coins and decided that it'd be at least more useful to go after E!Burgh because I'd still get a coin.

That being said, after Leon drained me out of all the large stash of gems I had and the bastard fled away in the wrong direction, I still need this game to compensate me on luck.

Now what's so broken about this Togepi that can't evolve.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
He has a one bar move that draws any of 4 moves that have 3 bars.

Basically, with metronome, you get Blizzard - which costs 3 bars - for the price of one.

LordSerperior

I wouldn't call it broken but he is insanely fun to use. Without considering Metronome, he's still a great support with crit, accuracy and defense buffs with a chance for attack buffs. Also potions and a 1 bar move to spam. This alone makes it a top tier versatile support that can pretty much fit any team even at 1/5.

Now adding to that, Metronome has never been this good anywhere else I believe. I believe the metronome pool in this game has 19 moves, a 3 bar move of each type + Fissure. So unlike the main series, the worst thing that could happen is missing a move which is whatever since Togepi isn't going to be the main damage dealer anyway and it buffs accuracy anyway. I don't think I've seen how Fissure works in this game yet but if it's an OHKO then that makes Togepi even better. Also if you're lucky to get a super effective move, you heal some of your HP (your entire team with a 2/5 grid I think).

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Sooo.... After burning my tickets to EX Bunny!May, I'm only 17/20 into EXing Eevee. Even after exchanging my tickets (power ups and the ones from champion stadium) :(

Well, I keep doing dailies and depending on the outcome resort to a few guaranteeds 5-star scouts by the time the Villa returns.