• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
6* EX Eevee is so much fun. She ended Shauntal's match with full health. Can't wait to use her in MM next week.

LordSerperior

Oh, poor Hapu. She sucks so much, unless she's reduced to Mud Slap bot.
Lol that is exactly how I used her, Mud Slap to lower accuracy and help SS Elesa's evasion. Even at 5* paired with top tier supports, I barely manage to beat full force battles with her. It's sad.

Hopefully now that we're done with all the gacha 5* grids, they can get back to finishing the story grids and then the other 3/4*s.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
You all speaking of Hapu and I just realized that according to the datamine

She and Nanu will be the only ones besides the protagonist to give a bonus for the Elio/Selene event besides the new duo and Mallow. Since I don't have Mallow, rough days ahead for me. Good thing this one is the travel tokens type so it'll be more manageable

LordSerperior

Wow Fissure is OHKO like the main games. It works fine as one of the moves you can get with metronome but imagine a unit with that as a normal move. I would not want to see that lol.

Last edited:

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
New story chapter is out.

No, it's not getting better. Can we get the writers for N's and Iris' events on the main story please?

Edit: Wait, at least we're done with Team Break in the main story at least, so there's one good thing.

LordSerperior

I can't believe this team's entire reason for existing was because Lear was mean to them, which unfortunately was unable to create a team leader.

Had Lear had a best friend that he abused and had connections, maybe things would have been more interesting, but...in the end, Team Break only had goons to make Lear regrow a heart.
Agreed, I think Lear's arc had a good setup that would've been much better with a more personal conflict. I expected more because I really liked the chapters with Cheren (who along with Bianca still remains the best developed rival in a Pokemon game).

I understand not wanting to create new characters for Team Break as that would have inevitably made people want to play as those characters but they should've made an exception for the leader. These chapters have also somewhat lowered my expectations from the Paulo's story as I did like what they did with him whenever he last appeared lol. But now I'm not sure if they'll be able to make it satisfying.

Also when can we finally have Rachel join our team?

In unrelated news, Spring May is way better than I initially thought she'd be. She pretty much two shot all the villa bosses. Seeing Bewear go down in two HJKs was insane. I mean I don't think I have ever managed that with Wally even when Sawyer is Hall 10. Maybe it's weaker to physical moves but I'm really liking May.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Speaking of Villa, my run was a lot smoother with EX gridded Leaf.

Staggering 2 is really hand. There were some times, where I missed Hypnosis timing and the Eevee flinched the mon. Also, Tackle seemed like it made more damage than Gust ever did.

Using Leon's MP Rekindle, made me finish without using MP refreshes. Having Recuperation on Leaf even spared me from using Potions. Just the 40% food thingie we get every 5 stages did the trick.

In my opinion, normal Leaf is worth the effort EXing.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
New story chapter is out.

No, it's not getting better. Can we get the writers for N's and Iris' events on the main story please?

Edit: Wait, at least we're done with Team Break in the main story at least, so there's one good thing.

This is the first time in the series where we have a main antagonist. (Lear) Basically become the boss of a pretty leaderless, bad guy team that is pretty unrelated to him outside of being collateral damage.

I like this.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The gods who blessed me during Halloween returned to give me S!May (and my first Lisia with a third OG!Grimsley) in my fourth 11x pull. I thankfully managed to collect both S!May and S!Burgh and can now keep my current 3k gems in storage... I don't think there will be a seasonal until summer, so I'll be safe (unless a Master Sync Pair appears).

This is the first time in the series where we have a main antagonist. (Lear) Basically become the boss of a pretty leaderless, bad guy team that is pretty unrelated to him outside of being collateral damage.

I like this.
Well, when you put it that way, it's curious...except getting a leader at all reformed them all. I wonder if Paulo will somehow fall to the dark side or a new villain will appear.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
This stupid Easter Arti banner just refuses to give me the mad hatter man ;_;
Gave me two *5s from today's 11 pull, a Karin dupe (she's maxed, so I got a golden ticket) and Gladio (new). It's something.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
I finally got off my butt to do Battle Villa for the first time in a year. It was a breeze with Sycamore, EX Leon, and EX Skyla, but it was so boring and time-consuming. You all do this every month?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Did two of those paid gems multis in Selene. Got nothing.

Man, the daily battle is such an annoyance with only Torchic, Nanu and Hapu <_<

But I tried the first tiered scout in Easter Burgh's banner and end up getting him so that's good.

I finally got off my butt to do Battle Villa for the first time in a year. It was a breeze with Sycamore, EX Leon, and EX Skyla, but it was so boring and time-consuming. You all do this every month?

Used to do once every two weeks and now doing once a month.

Yes, it's boring but I need gems. Also, currently they give move coins candy which is always a plus.

Also, Leon EX + Leaf EX + Serena EX cleans it quite easily as long as you keep the sleep chain going.

LordSerperior

The battle villa has to be the most boring and repetitive game mode but the rewards are good and I need every gem I can get to keep up with the amount of limited banners they throw at us. I really hope they revamp and get rid of those single stage halls. That alone would make it more bearable.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Man, the daily battle is such an annoyance with only Torchic, Nanu and Hapu <_<

It's very challenging, but it's kinda neat they actually gave us a challenge like this for a change. Being forced to use some very specific, very bad units (holy hell is Hapu'u terrible) for max rewards is a neat change from the usual "just hit auto and win" setup.

No funny hat man for me ;_; At least I got the cute bunny girl.