• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Nanu’s evasion pretty much carried me through this event. Also finally did one of those Full Force battles. Was expecting something hard but just swept through both variants with Sycamore, SS Blue, and Rosa/Misty. The event was fun though. Hope we get more Alola characters soon.

As for Battle Villa, I’ve never done it but going to try and clear it this time

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
The daily battle got a lot easier for me once I got Hapu'u up to 3/5 with the candy from the event. I initially had her at *4 level 125 2/5, which made her damage output annoyingly low.

She really is a horribly weak character though. Could they really not have given her a grid for this event?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Torchic was the MVP since 5/5 20/20 (I'm THAT commited) he tanks at least until after sync. From there on, I have to lucky on Nanu's evasion which can be hit and miss.

By the way, I've upgraded Nanu's and Hapu's theme skill as well has trying a lucky skill on Hapu. RNG landed on Critical Strike 1. That'll have to do until a miracle happens and I get either Elio or Selene with dailies.

EDIT: starting today I won't suffer that much. The second paid gems pull gave me Elio :D

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Seeing as SS!Blue has been useful despite being just 1/5, I EX'd him.

I could EX another trainer, but I want to be sure I don't end up EX'ing a unit with low merges when it's possible to EX one that has more merges. Whole reason I EX'ed Korrina because these non-5* candies only ever work for the likes of her.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Tornadus LA is out. Was pleasantly surprised Kanto Trio couldn't brr this one. I had to use N and Calem to get through the last bar.

LordSerperior

Tornadus was way easier than I expected from the description. Despite having a weird redundant team of Sycamore, Soring Burgh and Marnie, I stomped it with over half hp on Marnie and full hp on the others. Self cleanse activated way too much but Power Trip did a decent damage even without the paralysis.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I used Marnie too in the first run alongside Leaf and Volkner.

Then I tried N (with Volkner and Leaf) and despite he being 1/5 0/20, he did REALLY well and finished it even faster.

Must EX the guy next. Only 1 gold ticket away from doing it.

LordSerperior

I used Marnie too in the first run alongside Leaf and Volkner.

Then I tried N (with Volkner and Leaf) and despite he being 1/5 0/20, he did REALLY well and finished it even faster.

Must EX the guy next. Only 1 gold ticket away from doing it.
Same, I tried with N and Volkner and they finished it much master. I managed to beat it with Elesa and Hau as well , they both one shot the last bar with the Inertia sync nukes.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
People are speculating it might be Raihan as either Pokéfair or Master fair (if it was, I'm leaning for the former).

I doubt they'd do something like that to hype Bertha. Or even Araune.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Clemont, SS!Elesa, and EX Skyla cleared more than half of genie's HP bars, and then hilariously it went down by a not-fully leveled Sophocles spamming Nuzzle, a 5* Bettie going Thunderbolt, and Sycamore socking up the damage and healing massively with Horn Leech.

When a hard challenge has you beat it with those last three, you know it's a joke.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I swept like 90% of Tornadus’s HP with Volkner, Hau, and Sycamore. Finished it up with Sophocles, Elesa, and Phoebe.

LordSerperior

After Marnie, Raihan is also a pokefair. And he's in the same month as Alder's rerun. Hopefully I can get both and leave enough for the summer seasonals.

Hilda is finally gettin an EX. Thankfully I held of on using my tickets on Lance till the datamine. She would've been really useful for Grimsley today, who was a pain to beat today. Shauntal was also really annoying with her sleep, I tried using Hapu but the sync was too much for her and had to resort to May again. My underused sync pair today was Wikstrom against Caitlin and Roxanne against Marshal.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
That datamine is great. No pair I want which means this will be a month of healing my gems :)

Hilda's EX colors are... Dissapointing. I only like the hat and boots, the rest is horrible.

Ethan's is as bad as his kit/grid. Since when is Typhlosion green? I mean, aren't EX colors meant to represent the trainer's pokémon or something like that?

Bea getting Sirfetch'd is hilarious considering her role in the anime. I mean, she is basically using the same pokémon Ash has now. No idea why she doesn't have Grapploct though.

They remembered gears exist was a curious thing. Good thing I finished maxing mine some time ago.

The grind for the new items ain't going be fun though.

Ghetis being tech was a bit letdown. I really wanted him to be a striker as I really needed a decent ice type for the stadium (Summer Steven doesn't do much 1/5 and with no EX avaliable)

LordSerperior

That datamine is great. No pair I want which means this will be a month of healing my gems :)

Hilda's EX colors are... Dissapointing. I only like the hat and boots, the rest is horrible.

Ethan's is as bad as his kit/grid. Since when is Typhlosion green? I mean, aren't EX colors meant to represent the trainer's pokémon or something like that?

Bea getting Sirfetch'd is hilarious considering her role in the anime. I mean, she is basically using the same pokémon Ash has now. No idea why she doesn't have Grapploct though.

They remembered gears exist was a curious thing. Good thing I finished maxing mine some time ago.

The grind for the new items ain't going be fun though.

Ghetis being tech was a bit letdown. I really wanted him to be a striker as I really needed a decent ice type for the stadium (Summer Steven doesn't do much 1/5 and with no EX avaliable)
I really like Hilda's EX colors, they go,well together and they give her this nice sporty vibe which suits her. Ethan's colors represent Cyndaqui, like Hilbert's did Oshawott. There's no real consistency with these as Barry's are definitely based on Empoleon.

I always saw Cursola and Sirfectch'd as Bea and Allister's secondary aces. They were higher leveled then their other Pokemon during and are also version exclusives.