• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

LordSerperior

Yeah, I did this last time with Leaf/Platane/Daigo. Any team made up of characters that can deal decent damage and recover their own HP without anything requiring MP can stomp the entire villa on its own now.

Daigo is really nice for this, he hits hards, has a very strong sync attack and recovers a ton of HP when he syncs.
That team sounds gauge heavy though. I tried Leaf/Santerika/Sycamore last time but I was having trouble with the gauge before Sycamore's sync move.

Sadly I don't have Steven but yeah he'd be a good option for this setup as well.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
That team sounds gauge heavy though. I tried Leaf/Santerika/Sycamore last time but I was having trouble with the gauge before Sycamore's sync move.

Leaf has a 1 gauge move and the two others have 2 gauge moves, if you just spam those until you can sync it works out fine. You don't HAVE to use three moves per round right off that bat, the villa is hardly "every move counts" difficulty.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Oh boy. Another free 5* Dragon-type, unless it's Ice which would be welcomed a whole lot.

Aaand I just noticed there is a ninth achievement for Raihan's event that isn't necessary to get the last reward, except a battle must end before 1:30:00 or so.

LordSerperior

Leaf has a 1 gauge move and the two others have 2 gauge moves, if you just spam those until you can sync it works out fine. You don't HAVE to use three moves per round right off that bat, the villa is hardly "every move counts" difficulty.
True. Though it's probably more forgiving if you have Steven due to his sync damage but none of my pairs deal much damage with the sync move so I think a delayed sync in my case would prolong the battle.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
I'm excited for Dennis. Maybe I'll leave him at level 1 and set him as the first tank.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Aaand I just noticed there is a ninth achievement for Raihan's event that isn't necessary to get the last reward, except a battle must end before 1:30:00 or so.

AND all 3 Pokemon must be Steel type. That one's actually legit pretty tough. Don't think I'd have been able to do it if my Daigo hadn't been EXed.

LordSerperior

Managed to successfully use Marlon against Lance and Shauntal against Agatha today. Really wanted to pull of Bruno with Tate but he hits way too hard and I believe he's also more physically defensive. Can't wait for Giovanni's grid (and Bainca spooking me) because I find psychic weak stages the most annoying to deal with. Giovanni is too frail, I find Caitlin a little slow to set up and everyone else does not have a grid.

Also Alder rerun tomorrow. Hopefully, I can get him in a multi or two and continue saving.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Can't wait for Giovanni's grid (and Bainca spooking me) because I find psychic weak stages the most annoying to deal with. Giovanni is too frail, I find Caitlin a little slow to set up and everyone else does not have a grid.

Use Okido, his sync move is ridiculously powerful if you grid him with Inertia and Blind Spot. New Year Lilie has great synergy with him if you have her.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Stadium was relatively easy this week since all pre-Blue stages were mostly weak to types I have already. Only Bruno needed a couple resets since Caitlin does have her EX yet.

I think I missed the opportunity to test Bianca with Caitlin and Sabrina. I wonder how well she can't tank hits.

AND all 3 Pokemon must be Steel type. That one's actually legit pretty tough. Don't think I'd have been able to do it if my Daigo hadn't been EXed.
What grid build you use on him? I've tried Gloria - who is a physical steel type striker as well - and she still takes a while even with garanteed crit on her.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
What grid build you use on him? I've tried Gloria - who is a physical steel type striker as well - and she still takes a while even with garanteed crit on her.

Standard Haymaker grid. Haymaker on a +4 Attack critting sync moves almost OHKOs the entire team at level 130. Solgaleo deals enough damage to soften it up. Need 3/5 though, if you don't have that it'll probably be a bit more difficult.

LordSerperior

Pulled Alder on my fourth multi, that's two more than I would have liked but still good enough. Still no Bianca though. How long must I wait to finally use her. Now, the only limited units that I care about but am still missing are Steven and Fall Acerola.

Use Okido, his sync move is ridiculously powerful if you grid him with Inertia and Blind Spot. New Year Lilie has great synergy with him if you have her.
I don't like Oak so I forget he exists most of the time. I beat it with SS Elesa, Leaf and Giovanni, managed to beat Machamp pre-sync and then Leaf finished the stage after Mewtwo went down.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I guess being focused on N will be a stamp of quality for this event? I mean, that one was pretty good

Also, it seems like the person from Reddit who speculated the next arc would be focused on Rainbow Rocket might be into something.

Anyway, finished all event missions. With this + the bingo rewards from Raihan event, I skyrocket to nearly 30k gems. Hopefully next month doesn't have many units I want so I can save even more for the anniversary lol

LordSerperior

I guess being focused on N will be a stamp of quality for this event? I mean, that one was pretty good

Also, it seems like the person from Reddit who speculated the next arc would be focused on Rainbow Rocket might be into something.

Anyway, finished all event missions. With this + the bingo rewards from Raihan event, I skyrocket to nearly 30k gems. Hopefully next month doesn't have many units I want so I can save even more for the anniversary lol
If all the speculation/rumors about Archie and Maxie being added next month is correct than I'm hoping Maxie is free because I desperately need a ground type.