• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

LordSerperior

Dennis & Kyurem more than make up for the horrid lack of good offensive Sync Pairs. A free FOUR-slot move that hits EVERYONE?
Speaking of which, how are you guys planning on gridding him? Both his kit and grid feel a bit all over the place (I said this about Spring May last time and ended up loving her so here's hoping).

I haven't gotten my prize box orbs yet so I haven't fully gridded him but so far I've gone for Glaciate MGR, Cold Snap and Paralysis Synergy. His kit synergizes with Valentine Serena who can also help him max out Hunter's Instinct and buff speed but I don't know what else to go for. More stat+Glaciate buff or sync buffs, I don't know if I'd be syncing with him yet. Also from the little I've used him so far, he seemed kinda slow even at +6 speed.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The daily discount pull today just gave me a Raihan.

Interestingly enough before that one, I did a daily on Alder's banner and got a five stars (Ethan, but at least that's an extra ticket). Now, time to tackle those missions. Wish me luck

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I like how they're being a bit creative with these new "use certain characters" missions, but I wissh they'd up the difficulty a bit so it was less trivial. The Alola event essentially forcing you to use a team consiting of MC, Kuchinahi and Hapu'u was a fun challenge they should do more of.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Finally getting some more candies here. 2/5 Bunny Haruka and 3/5 Halloween Acerola here we are (also 2/5 New Year Lilie, but that doesn't add much of note).

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Seemed odd to me that Ghetsis's Full Force Battles were just regular battles against 3 trainers...until I noticed the challenges want people to clear those with a team of only Unova Sync Pairs.

Boy, they sure do not want SS!Red to steamroll.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Beat both full forces with Hoenn Gang (Treecko, Mudkip and Torchic). But then I 5/5 20/20 my Torchic (I have a bias towards favorites)

LordSerperior

With grids and EXs, the "full force" battle as well as every other content in the game can be cleared by so many other sync pairs just as easily as Red. He is no longer the game changer most broken thing ever in the game anymore and I much prefer it this way. I haven't used Red for anything ever since Hilda's grid.

The prize box however has been the most frustrating thing for me this time round. I've literally had to clear entire pools to get the main rewards multiple times now. Despite having the max bonus and pouring stamina into it, I've just reached pool 16.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
With grids and EXs, the "full force" battle as well as every other content in the game can be cleared by so many other sync pairs just as easily as Red. He is no longer the game changer most broken thing ever in the game anymore and I much prefer it this way. I haven't used Red for anything ever since Hilda's grid.

The prize box however has been the most frustrating thing for me this time round. I've literally had to clear entire pools to get the main rewards multiple times now. Despite having the max bonus and pouring stamina into it, I've just reached pool 16.
Agreed on both of your points but especially on the prize box. I’ve had to go to the entire pool for more than half of the boxes. I haven’t even reached Ghetsis’s PUs

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Luckily I've reached pool 20. I think I'd be done if I didn't take long in some of them for stuff like the 100 drinks thingies.

Honestly, I think the pools better than the maps duo being faster to pass throw. Those maps are such a slog during all the waiting between the loading....

===============

Also, finally got my 3rd striker candy. Now, I can start thinking about giving one or two. Let's see what the upcoming 4 champions banner will turn out.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Finally finished up Ghetsis' event, and it looks like there's nothing to spend stamina on except the level cap mats. Datamine come soon...

LordSerperior

The maps really needs a select multiple feature so you can go through them faster.

The prize box is definitely much easier to get through and has way better rewards but I hope they can decrease the pool size. Clearing boxes takes way too long if rng isn't on your side.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
As we are getting more and more Version Maacots I can totally see a Sync Pair of Archer and Lubia soon. They will build some narrative around it.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The maps also barely pay out any items at all. The boxes give you massive amounts.
The recent Elio/Selene event brought an interesting idea with giving out 3-stars power ups as rewards. Not perfect but an improvement over what we had.

EDIT: Forgot to mention but the daily discount pull gave me a 3rd Alder, thus unlocking his full grid. First time I get all 3 copies with dailies....

To be honest, aside from the Hyper Beam accuracy nodes, it doesn't seem like it's that big of a change but still a very welcome acquisition.

Last edited:

LordSerperior

As we are getting more and more Version Maacots I can totally see a Sync Pair of Archer and Lubia soon. They will build some narrative around it.
That would be really dumb. He's such a forgettable character that wasting Lugia on him would be disappointing even if he's free.

Also he does not have any connection to Lugia nor does he have enough going on in his story to build a connection, like they did with Silver and Sycamore.