• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I finally got Wallace and Brendan with the Hoenn guaranteed “event”. The only character I’m missing from there is Steven (and the seasonals but I don’t care about those)

LordSerperior

Not giving Brendan the bonus was a really strange decision but I love using May and Wallace together so I'm not complaining.

In other Bianca experimentation news, I've managed to beat the "full-force battle" by pairing Bianca (and SS Blue) with all available Psychic strikers.

Caitlin performed the best. She's kinda bulky and has 2 MGRs for Psychic which help maintain gauge.

Giovanni was a bit close because despite his good speed, the lack of MGR sometimes made me use Confusion. Can't wait for his grid.

Tate was a lot of fun. I have previously used him successfully but for some reason I haven't been as successful with him as I have with some of the other gridless units. He has a great trainer move and a good attack stat also the Zen Headbutt flinches can be really useful. This was the only battle where SS Blue survived to the end.

So my plan is to use Caitlin for the next Psychic CS but I am definitely at least trying Tate out.

Last edited:

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Took me like a hundred tries, but I finally completed the Hoenn mission with Brendan, May, and Drake. I liked this one a lot more than the Galar mission.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
That useless 4* Support Candy that only Drake could use and waste it finally has a use for either Mismagius Morty or Raichu Lt. Surge, just to save people from using valuable tickets getting copies. I gor Morty simply because he seems to be a Ghost-type Skyla.

Shame these variations don't get their own Sync Pair Stories.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Man, I misread the Hoenn guaranteed banner thing and end up using free gems. I thought it was paid gems for this one.

But my calcs I should be back to over 30k by the end of the month but it still sucks. Must start paying more attention...

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
In other Bianca experimentation news, I've managed to beat the "full-force battle" by pairing Bianca (and SS Blue) with all available Psychic strikers.

Caitlin performed the best. She's kinda bulky and has 2 MGRs for Psychic which help maintain gauge.

Bel/Okido/New Year Lilie is one of the stronger teams in the game, deals massive sync damage and can take quite a lot of hits. It's my go-to team for psychic-weak stages.

The Houen guaranteed *5 banner gave me my first Lutya, been wanting her for a while. Nice to have one of these banners not be paid-only for once.

Last edited:

Hunga

TBH the new quests are hard!
Maybe I don't know the trick to beat it but got beaten into the GROUND! :-/

LordSerperior

Man, I misread the Hoenn guaranteed banner thing and end up using free gems. I thought it was paid gems for this one.

But my calcs I should be back to over 30k by the end of the month but it still sucks. Must start paying more attention...
Ouch! Hope you got something good out of it.

Bel/Okido/New Year Lilie is one of the stronger teams in the game, deals massive sync damage and can take quite a lot of hits. It's my go-to team for psychic-weak stages.
Barring Calem, Oak is my least favourite psychic pair so if I can avoid using him, I do.

The extreme battles are really hard. I took Maxie down fairly easily with May, Wallace and Roxanne but Archie was pretty much impossible. Eventually beat him with a team of May, Brendan and Roxanne. Had to max out all of May and Brendan's shared theme skills and Wide Guard against the second Earthquake to keep Brendan alive.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
I'm not sure whether or not I like these new battles or not. On one hand, challenges based on making teams around the region theme skills are good, but on the other hand SS Blue and Sycamore getting two shot is really dumb.

Hunga

I'm not sure whether or not I like these new battles or not. On one hand, challenges based on making teams around the region theme skills are good, but on the other hand SS Blue and Sycamore getting two shot is really dumb.
Yeah! Agree on that one!

You're so forced getting the darn characters rather than show a bit of skill.
And when the weather ends, their weather returns for 1-shots. Such BS.

LordSerperior

The fact that Roxanne tanked Kyogre's Water Pulse better than a Sp.Def boosted Erika behind a Light Screen is incredibly funny. The Hoenn boost is nice but they went way too hard on it. Even if you don't tank with the non-Hoenn pairs, the aoe attacks kill them.

Also I was under the impression Lisia can remove weather but apparently not? I think she can remove terrain? So I assumed it would work on both.

Anyway I can now consistently beat Archie. I can share my detailed strategy if anyone needs help (needs 3/5 May and Brendan though). Once I'm done with his battles I'll try Maxie again.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
I just finished off Archie and I feel a little better about this challenge. Next time they have a theme challenge DENA should give a couple of the 3 and 4 stars their sync grids.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
The only Houen Water unit I have is a 1/5 Mikuri. Managed to beat the easier of the two Matsubusa battles with him, bit scared of the harder one.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Screw it, these challenges are for masochists who didn't bother getting Archier or Maxie. I barely made it with May, Drake, and Roxanne against Super Hard Maxie, but I don't have Brendan to do Archie.

...And screw that "Electric" weakness. Not a single current Hoenn Sync Pair has Electric-types. Wattson isn't here to take advantage of the big boost.

(Speaking of which, I 5*'d Hau because Discharge spam is fun.)

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I had no issues with Archie. I used Maxie, Brendan and Drake. The later proved the MVP. Those Def buffs and gauge filling were quite helpful.

Maxie on another hand was a pain. Took several tries.

Luckily, a great guy on Reddit shared a strat showing you can clear it with May (mudkip unevolved), Wallace and... Lyra (yes, a non-boosted unit).

It goes kind of like this: have Lyra use trainer move while Wallace uses Whirpool and May does something (I use trainer move for gauge increase) then Lyra use Light Screen and May uses Rain Dance.

That allows Lyra to survive enough to distribute more buffs and Light screen. I suggest having Lyra use trainer move when the Sidezards use Sunny Day before May calls the rain again

Wallace is the main target but using the recuperation nodes on his grid allows him to survive long enough to kill Groudon. I just suggest that immediately after Wallace kills Kyogre with the second thing, make sure to use his trainer move so the sidezards won't screw you with burn status (happened to me a few times. I lost finished the runs earlier because of that)

Keep in mind I haven't evolved Mudkip and Wallace is 0/20

So... Swampert and EX Wallace should make it even more manageable. The Reddit has even more strategy options there and even using regular gacha pairings like Roxanne and Lisa.

I'd say that's the bright side of the event. Making those underdogs be useful for once. I mean, I pretty much levelled Drake up just for those events lol

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I had no issues with Archie. I used Maxie, Brendan and Drake. The later proved the MVP. Those Def buffs and gauge filling were quite helpful.

Maxie on another hand was a pain. Took several tries.

Luckily, a great guy on Reddit shared a strat showing you can clear it with May (mudkip unevolved), Wallace and... Lyra (yes, a non-boosted unit).

It goes kind of like this: have Lyra use trainer move while Wallace uses Whirpool and May does something (I use trainer move for gauge increase) then Lyra use Light Screen and May uses Rain Dance.

That allows Lyra to survive enough to distribute more buffs and Light screen. I suggest having Lyra use trainer move when the Sidezards use Sunny Day before May calls the rain again

Wallace is the main target but using the recuperation nodes on his grid allows him to survive long enough to kill Groudon. I just suggest that immediately after Wallace kills Kyogre with the second thing, make sure to use his trainer move so the sidezards won't screw you with burn status (happened to me a few times. I lost finished the runs earlier because of that)

Keep in mind I haven't evolved Mudkip and Wallace is 0/20

So... Swampert and EX Wallace should make it even more manageable. The Reddit has even more strategy options there and even using regular gacha pairings like Roxanne and Lisa.

I'd say that's the bright side of the event. Making those underdogs be useful for once. I mean, I pretty much levelled Drake up just for those events lol
I'm going to guess all these steps are just for the Super Hard versions.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Beat the hard Kyogre stage with Yuki/Genji/Bunny Haruka. It's not really that hard as long as you have Yuki on at least 3/5, which chances are you do since he's a day 1 unit. Just grid him with the nodes that increase his damage when his speed is buffed and pair him with a speed buffer and you should be able to take out Kyogre before it syncs.

Last edited:

LordSerperior

The Reddit has even more strategy options there and even using regular gacha pairings like Roxanne and Lisa.

It also made me want grids for these pairs more. If we're going to get theme skill based events, it's only fair that we get a bit more to work with.