• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Finally completed the challenge events. EX Brendan, Phoebe, and EX Skyla for UH Archie, and Wallace, May, and Sabrina for UH Maxie. I like it in theory, it was nice to have content Kantrio couldn't breeze through.

1) Challenge missions like this event's should be zero stamina

2) Lower the boosts, 5x is too much. I'd think something like 3x to the whole team if everyone matches the theme, 2x to the team if two pairs match, and 1.5x if there's only one on theme pair would work.

3) Don't bring stuff like Galar theme challenges until everyone has a few free pairs.

4) Take this chance to unlock a few more EXs for some of the older units. The only work this would require is a palette swap, all EXs do one of three things.

5) More sync grids maybe? I would've liked to use Drake past SH Archie, and Winona, Liza, or Roxanne could be fun to use too.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The dailies in the Maxie banner gave me... Selene! I'm so happy to finally have her :) Now I have all protagonists so far.
I'm going to guess all these steps are just for the Super Hard versions.
No. Ultra Hard. They work for Super Hard too (actually it's even faster there)

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
This. The one I used is 0/20 thus no EX. What I meant is that an EX Wallace can clear it even faster since it'll hit harder. But non-EX works too

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Dailies gave me the second Maxie and... Another normal Cynthia (got a ticket out of this).

Kind regret using the move candy on normal Cynthia since across all the banners she was in, I got her 5 times with dailies only.

Wish it was Steven and Archie though. Oh well, something something count your blessings...

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Brendan is great. Specially if he has Amped Up that rises Speed after hitting a crit (quite easy since he has built-in Dire Hit+), Inertia and Ramming Speed on his grid. I can take down lots of treats without even needing to evolve Treecko!

====================

Man, they did overwhelm us with events today, didn't they? CS Refresh, Villa Return, Story Update and Solgaleo rerun all that the same day. They really should've spaced this better.

By the way, @LordSerperior I tried out Bianca against Bruno today. Picked up the condition that allows for never-ending Reflect and Psychic Terrain.

Really satisfied. She tanked Bruno fairly well and did very respectful damaged with Stored Power. I felt she hit even harder than Critical Striker 2 Caitlin (yeah, managed to try out a full Psychic team this time).

Also, finally got to make Summer Steven work. Even 1/5 0/20, he still beat Koga.

LordSerperior

By the way, @LordSerperior I tried out Bianca against Bruno today. Picked up the condition that allows for never-ending Reflect and Psychic Terrain.

Really satisfied. She tanked Bruno fairly well and did very respectful damaged with Stored Power. I felt she hit even harder than Critical Striker 2 Caitlin (yeah, managed to try out a full Psychic team this time).
Did the same, except I tanked with Spring Burgh instead. And yeah even at 1/5 with no useful Lucky Skill, Stored Power outdamaged Caitlin's Psychic. Probably the fastest I've beaten Bruno.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Yeah, really annoying since we have two master fairs right now.

Anyway, not really bothering as I was going to skip those banners anyway but still...

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Sooo let me get this straight, I end up hitting the jackpot getting every damn every Alolan Sync Pair (except Lusamine) but the ONLY one who gets a x1.4 bonus is Elio whom most people didn't go for because he's got freaking Popplio? Geez.

Can't wait to do four daily extreme battles by the way. Yaaay.
These battles really aren't difficult enough to actually require the bonus boosts. Just throw your hardest hitters at them and they go down.
I hope it's true.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I have Elio (only reason I really manage to do that frustrating Alola event battle). Good thing I end up having him.

I think the reason Selene was ignored is most likely they knew people would go for the anime girl over the other guy so most people have her. Limiting the bonus units is a way to have people spend in the featured new banner.

For a similar reason Brendan wasn't a bonus unit on the current Hoenn event. He is a day unit, very strong in its own right so having him give bonus could give people less of incentive to spend on Maxie and Archie.

It's all about fishing the whales.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
They also have Acerola, so you can just have her and Kuchinashi flinch the hell out of everything.

Being forced to run Kuchinashi/Hapu'u/Achamo last time was actually a pretty solid challenge though. I'm glad they're trying to make the game a bit tougher by restricting you to just a few units, as long as they don't go full "this particular powerful unit is allowed, hope you have it".

LordSerperior

They also have Acerola, so you can just have her and Kuchinashi flinch the hell out of everything.

Being forced to run Kuchinashi/Hapu'u/Achamo last time was actually a pretty solid challenge though. I'm glad they're trying to make the game a bit tougher by restricting you to just a few units, as long as they don't go full "this particular powerful unit is allowed, hope you have it".
That wasn't really a them trying to make it more challenging but more of a your luck made it challenging. I lucked out on Mallow before the event and it was dead easy with her. Also I'm not a fan of their strategy. If they're going to restrict, they should give all the units grids.

Sooo let me get this straight, I end up hitting the jackpot getting every damn every Alolan Sync Pair (except Lusamine) but the ONLY one who gets a x1.4 bonus is Elio whom most people didn't go for because he's got freaking Popplio? Geez.
Wait, I missed this before but people don't like Popplio? How can anyone not? Also Primarina is like the best fully evolved water starter behind Feraligatr.