• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I was forming presets teams for Region Rotation and when it came to Unova, I end up with this combination:

Screenshot-20210610-150655-Pokmon-Masters-EX.jpg

It came out completly by accident while I was team building but I'm impressed with how much symmetry it has. Not just about the total of theme skills of the "ordered by year thing" (but that helps since most time I put the striker in the middle) but just the team has a solid synergy.

Rosanta increases Furbert's attack and give him much needed gauge acceleration. Burgh can also boost Furbert's attack but offer the much more valiable crit chance thus saving the need of Furbert using trainer move and lowering his defenses. Burgh can heal Furbert after all those recoils as well.

Short story: this game loves Unova. And I'm all for this hype train.
Thankfully, I got Elio on my Maxie pulls but they have Hau as a bonus pair this time so it's much easier.
Hau is a bless.

Also, thanks to the flinchsleep combo today's ultra hard battle was very manegeable.
That wasn't really a them trying to make it more challenging but more of a your luck made it challenging. I lucked out on Mallow before the event and it was dead easy with her. Also I'm not a fan of their strategy. If they're going to restrict, they should give all the units grids.
True. Most of the times, I had to reset because of bad RNG rolls on evasion.

When I got Mallow on the select scout thing, she simply cheesed the battle. Sometimes, I feel like it was almost like some kind of punishment to everyone who didn't pull on her banner lol

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
This event is really boring, even by usual PM event standards.

Also does it bother anyone that the Johto region challenge is electric weak when Johto doesn't have a single electric pair? Like come on Jasmine and Ampharos is a no brainer sync pair.

LordSerperior

Agree with the boring event. In theory, I like the idea of events adding new stages every couple days to keep things fresh but this event sucks. Also why did they just skip the super hard stage? Also they should have added the "full force battles" from the beginning at least.

I don't mind the BP stage weakness since they're really easy anyway. I had fun using Clair after a very long time.

But speaking of which, the Regirock LA rerun later this month has Sinnoh, Steel and Gym Leader theme missions and the only character that fits all three isn't in the game yet.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
The BP stages are just "click optimize, click auto, watch massacre" and I highly doubt it's ever going to become more than that.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Optimize gave me a team of Summer Kotone/Mikan/Karin, so I got to watch a pink balloon on the rampage while the other two mostly stood there watching.

Lucariomen

I like Pokémon Masters EX a lot and had quite a good experiences with the following members:

Rosa (Her support is awesome!)
Plumeria (TRIPLE K.O.!!!)
Serena (S L E E P, then D I E)

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
For Johto I used Lyra, Silver and Ethan. Ethan is no EX (only 5/5 but 0/20).

Ethan did fairly well cheesing the event. In retrospect I could've used Morty since I EX'd him but I guess I'll stick with Ethan. Eruption powered by Lyra summoning the sun is doing just fine

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Did my first 7500 MM today. The challenge wasn't fun, the rewards weren't worth it. I'll stick to the basic 4200 thanks.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Forgot to mention but I'm not fan of the current event format as well. I get they don't want people doing day clears (like me lol) but they could have approach this differently. I'd much rather all stages being avaliable and only the daily ultra hard battle cycling.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Managed to get 3 copies of MR & Incineroar. Probably going to use coins to max him out since I don’t really care too much about the meta especially when it’s my favorite Pokémon. Now to save for anniversary :p

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
I forgot for a moment that we more Alola pairs than just the bonus ones, but after that, Olivia, Kukui, and Lillie took the challenge stage down like it was nothing.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I forgot for a moment that we more Alola pairs than just the bonus ones, but after that, Olivia, Kukui, and Lillie took the challenge stage down like it was nothing.
I've used Kukui, Olivia and NY!Lillie. Worked really well. Since I managed to comand the third move after the sync quick enough, I got to finish Fantina with my second sync before she even does her first.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
FINALLY managed to take down the hardest Groudon despite my only Houen water unit being 1/5 Mikuri. Had to throw every gold ticket obtainable these two weeks plus do two 11 pulls on Aogiri's banner to get the 2 gold ticket reward for that in order to 6EX Mikuri, but that made him able to get the job done.

Got Nezu during those 11 pulls as well (plus 2/5 Bel, 2/5 Citron and 3/5 Mitsuru... not too shabby), so now I'm set in case another "use 3 Galar units" mission comes up.

LordSerperior

I really wanna know what the new summer seasonals are already because Maxie's banner continues to tempt me everyday. And if the seasonals end up being disappointing then I would have denied myself a real ground pair for no reason.

I'm predicting a Johto character and maybe the first Galar seasonal.