• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

LordSerperior

Against my better judgement I pitied Maxie on his banner and got Nessa in the process. I have 4 Galar pairs now for the theme missions and finally a usable ground type. But I am now down to 31k gems which is fine since I only care about 1 of the upcoming seasonals.

Ingo and Emmet are pokefairs and we have yet another limited ground type unit... I don't care about them so they're easy skips even if I love Archeops.

So they're doing Grimmsnarl for Summer Marnie instead of her gym leader outfit? Definitely pulling for her. Love the character, design and Pokémon so definitely pulling. Summer Gloria is a skip for me. I don't like Gloria or Inteleon and the outfit is whatever too. Those colours look better on Marnie's EX.

Also Bugsy and Scyther finally!!! Haven't seen anything else about them but just the fact that we're getting them is enough for me.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The train twins are technically my first pokéfair skip. Might try for Ingo since Sandstorm fresh would be handy but won't freak out if I don't get him. Really "missable" fair.

Will definetely pull for Gloria though. Maybe Marnie too but that depends on my luck with Gloria lol

Hopefully I get Archie tomorrow. I had at least 3 multis before going in the danger zone. Hope it's enough.

LordSerperior

Okay so the kits and grids have been datamined.

Bugsy is a great physical support. Leer+Fury Cutter are easy 1 bar spams. Buffs crit and attack, lowers defence and move gauge acceleration. I wish I hadn't used my 4 star support candies on Morty now.

Ingo is now the best sand setter but that's irrelevant since I don't use any sand teams so my decision stands. The only good thing Emmet has going for him is Archeops, everything else is meh.

Giovanni though. That is a really good kit and I love how well he pairs with Bianca now. On A Roll Psychic helps him activate Brainteaser while also helping Bianca's sync nuke. Also recently EX'd Bianca so it's even better. Sorry Caitlin.

Marnie is insanely good! She can max out so many stats in like 4 moves? And she has the Lyra sync multiplier. She's probably the new best fairy unit in the game. Gloria on the other hands seems kinda average I think? Don't care about the meta but I like the fact that it aligns with my choices for once.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
No spoilers, but I'm glad the summer pairs are easily skippable.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I like the Subway twins but this entire batch is an easy pass. All of the new Pokémon being added are some of my favorites but I don’t feel it’s enough to warrant pulling.

Now for the important question: what is Bidoof Day about? Also the Galar Trainers’ movesets are clearly building up to Dynamax

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Hello people
So Ive really been wanting to get into Pokemon Masters just for the lore of all the characters but I really despise the gatchat elements and just know I might get frustrated esp as I dont want to spend ANY money
But whenever I see scenes on Twitter and all I just cant help but want to see all the interactions and lore
What would yall advise? Is it worth getting into for the lore despite my frustrations with gatcha mechanics?
Also, which future game character that hasnt debuted in any way in Pokemon Masters would you like to see in this game?

Ignition

Hello people
So Ive really been wanting to get into Pokemon Masters just for the lore of all the characters but I really despise the gatchat elements and just know I might get frustrated esp as I dont want to spend ANY money
But whenever I see scenes on Twitter and all I just cant help but want to see all the interactions and lore
What would yall advise? Is it worth getting into for the lore despite my frustrations with gatcha mechanics?
Also, which future game character that hasnt debuted in any way in Pokemon Masters would you like to see in this game?
I was in a similar position where I dropped the game after about the month because of the lack of features and the annoying gacha but came back around September last year when Volkner was added. I think the game has improved a lot since launch and is worth at least checking out.

The main story is simple but still enjoyable mainly for the interactions. There’s also limited time events that introduce new characters that also have some interesting character interactions but those are hit and miss imo. There’s also a promise of a new “serious” story once the current main story ends by August. The original characters also add a bit to the world.

As for the gacha mechanics, it depends on how you use your Gems (the in game currency you use to scout/pull for new characters). Some people pull for every new character whiles other pull for just their favorites. I highly recommend the latter as Gems aren’t farmable so you’ll need to manage them. The odds for the banners and especially Master Fairs (limited time banners with strong Trainers) are super low so only pull if you’re willing to test your luck. The game starts you off with a decent chunk of Gems and you get them for beating certain achievements. If you want to guarantee a specific character, you’ll need ~37,000 gems which takes quite a bit to gain but most people do that when a character they want is revealed early through datamine (I did that with Masked Royal and Incineroar just this month :p)

For me, I like the team building of this as it’s a sort of continuation of the Triple Battle format from Gen 5 (which gets a lot of love in this game) so it’s worth playing. I’d say give it a week to see if you can get used to the battle system and mechanics. Even if you don’t end up liking it, you can always search up the story events on YouTube.

As for what character I’d want, I just got my top picks but I’m also hoping for some more Galar characters like Kabu, Peony, Mustard, & Hop.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
They're slowly fixing the horrendous representation for Ground-types, though I'm a bit amused they took Clay's Excadrill away and gave it to one of the subway twins.

THE WORLD IS A BETTER PLACE WITH GLORIA AND INTELEON COMBO. THE ONE TRUE PAIRING.

Sorry, Marnie. I like you, but you're one point behind on the "I like you very much" scale because of horrible fairy tale hair goblin.

Last edited:

LordSerperior

Hello people
I wouldn't call it lore but if you're a fan of the Pokémon characters than it is a really charming game. Some of the events are pretty generic but then others can really give you great character moments.

I personally find the gacha rates in the game to be much better than most other games of the sort. You would need to prioritize because getting all the characters as a f2p player is almost impossible and if you start you shouldn't do so with any unreasonable expectations. Generally, it is better to save gems for limited banners. You can make exceptions for favourites but recently they've increased the limited banners so going for a general pool favourite means you could potentially miss out on a limited favourite later. I'm f2p and I pretty much have all the characters I want (though it can mean going months hoping for Bianca to spoil you on a banner).

If you are prone to impulsive spending in frustration, I would advise you to stay away because at the end of the day it is a gacha. (In which case you should be able to find story events and stuff on YouTube to keep up with the game).

As for characters, Falkner (and Courtney I guess) is the top of my list. From the Galar ones, it's Klara, Opal, Bede and Oleana. I also want them to add very minor characters eventually. Characters like Daisy Oak, DJ Mary, Fennel, Celio, Anthe and Concordia, Curtis and Yancy. Idk how likely that is though.

Rapiido

Sidney is probably my favourite Elite 4 member, and Lucas is one of my favourite protagonists.. so I'm sort of hoping they get introduced soon. For the first 7 generations, only Sidney, Aaron, Bertha, Lucian, Drasna and Malva are left over for Elite 4, and Falkner, Chuck, Wattson, Byron, Cilan, Chili, Cress, Lenora, Drayden, and Olympia are left for gym leaders... it's weird that they're taking so long with some of the earlier ones... especially gens 2 and 3. Assuming we'll get a wave of Gen 4 when BDSP comes out though.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Minor Spoilers

But does anyone else get Gay vibes from the the new Summer Pairs? (With the whole matching outfits and what-not?) XD

Or is it just me?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
As for right now, only you

Marnie's kit look tempting. Might try her depending on how my lucky with Gloria pans out

As for wanted sync pairs? Since I have May already, the only one I'm looking forward is Victor. Hopefully he'll have Cinderace. Kind of want them to be supports since Red and Serena dominate the Striker and Tech roles already (yeah, Ash's and anime!Serena's counterparts are a powerful duo here).

XY&Z Legend

Just chillin
It's been a while and I'm happy with some improvements made to Pokemon Masters EX. Looks like we're nearing the home stretch for the 2nd Anniversary.

I'm not surprised that the Subway Bros. are our next PokeFair units, given the teaser we had a few days ago and their enduring popularity in Japan. It kind of reminds me of Dragon Quest getting into Smash Ultimate, but I digress. They should be interesting pairs that could enhance the sandstorm meta in the game.

We have been getting at least 1 new PokeFair unit every month since Lysandre and Leon in February, so it'll be interesting to see which fan-favorite character they will introduce in the next update after the Subway Bros. (Chatelaines anyone?)

Ingo is the better of the two, which I'll likely be summoning for him. I'm glad we finally got another PokeFair Support unit after waiting almost a year after SS Blue. As for Emmett, I can try to pull for him after getting Ingo, but I'm not sure if his damage output is as strong as Olivia's.

This month's seasonal pairs are quite valuable if you don't have a strong Water or Fairy-type, However, since I already have Archie and Diantha, they are a pass for me.

Currently, Anabel is a sync pair I have been wanting for the longest time. After the newest PokeFair ends, hopefully she'll be the next PokeFair/Master Fair unit added close to or on the 2nd Anniversary. Here's hoping they give her a Legendary pokemon and she appears in her Sun & Moon outfit. Lucas is another sync pair that I want in the game to complete the Sinnoh Trio with Barry & Dawn, probably as a Master Sync Pair. As for his partner, maybe he can get an Arceus or Dialga, but it will surprise me if one of them will go to Looker.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Got lucky: did a multi on Archie's banner and he was the first to spark. And I still have over 33k gems (will reach 34k after tomorrow's event). I'm really happy. Now I can say I have all master fairs and the Hoenn legend trio.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Okay, this Daily Extreme Battle is brutal if you lack the brothers but do have the rest of the bonus sync pairs. I don't know if having Nate makes a difference, but even so, I can barely pull through with a 5/5 Hilda, 2/5 Hilbert, and MC Torchic.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I have Nate, Hilbert and Hilda and found the battle very doable. Even better than Alola one. Depending on your luck queing a third move post sync, you can finish even before the opponent syncs.

By the way, grid really saved Hilbert. It became such a MVP, I forced myself to EX him. First time I EX both original and variant lol

Also, surprised with how well the protagonist trio had synergy here. I could even use this team for the daily region rotation as well as the full force against Cynthia.

(for the final match with the twins, I used Hoenn Gang. Gotta love how May screw them lol)

LordSerperior

The battle is pretty easy if you have EX Hilda. Hilda and Hilbert synergize really really well and Hilda's sync nuke can almost take out the sides in one sync move and the center is easily handled. I have EX Nate as well but he was inconsequential to the actual battle.

Even without the EX, Hilda should be able to do it since she has potions that can sustain the team.

Ignition

I used 1/5 Nate, MC Torchic, and someone else that I can’t remember and it was doable. Wasn’t nearly as a breeze as I would’ve liked but still manageable.

The Cynthia fight was surprisingly easy, especially with the Unova mission. I used Rosa, Skyla, and Ghetsis. Ghetsis just freeze haxed everything after Noble Roaring Togekiss to make their attacks do barely anything