• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Insane luck today. Did a daily on Emmet banner and got him. Can't believe how lucky I was. I was ready to do at least one multi but get him with dailies was awesome. One daily in the last day of the event. Now, I can say I have all fairs and master fairs :cool:

On a minor note, I did something not really recommended and turned Barry and Flint into 5-stars. Not a fan of them or anything, just felt bad for 2/3 of the sinnoh starters not being 5 stars.

Still have 32k gems. For my counts, I should end the month with roughly 34k-35k. Let's see what the datamine brings.

LordSerperior

I love that they're giving us a free 5* 5/5 Bugsy and Scyther because I'm out of 4* power ups and 4* support candies. I wish we could have evolved it to Scizor too but I'll take this.

LordSerperior

There's only one damn Sync Pair that can benefit from the only 4* Support Candy and that's Morty & Mismagius. The other option is Drake & Salamence, but they're common banner units.
There's Surge and Raichu as well. And since we've only gotten 2 4* support candies so far, at the moment it's not possible to have both 3/5 Morty and Surge.

Also I believe Bugsy and Scyther will be added to the BP shop after their event so they will need the candies for anyone who missed out on the event.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Yep. We'll be able to pick another BP unit in a couple days, and it's a good idea to make sure you pick one you actually have the candy to buff. Very few of these units are very useful at 1/5.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Tbh if you've been playing for some time, you probably have alternatives, if not upgrades, to mostly everything the BP pairs have to offer. They're mostly for collection unless one of the BP pairs is your fave.

LordSerperior

New Dev Letter! Really happy with the announcements in this one.

They're finally adding Falkner! That crosses off the last non-Galar character on my want list. I really wanted him with Skarmory (because of the manga) but he's finally in so I don't care about the Pokémon too much.

So they're adding Lear, Rachel and Sawyer as banners. I thought we'd get them for free or at least Rachel and Sawyer for free. I hope they're normal spotlight scouts at least because I'm getting the uneasy feeling that they'll be Pokefairs which would reach suck.

It's nice to see that they're finally giving away a free Galar pair in Hop. Hoping he's a support tank.

So they're adding the Battle Chatelaines as BP pairs. Don't really care about them but I will be saving the rainbow BP ticket (whenever we actually get it) in case they add a character I like later. And speaking of BP, giving points through master mode is a great addition.

All the simultaneous event reruns towards the end of the month seems annoying though. Hopefully they run for long enough to get all the rewards.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Wait, did they confirm Galarian HauHop is free? I don't recall reading that.

Falkner not having Skarmory is weird. No idea why they went with a gen 3 pokémon for him. Granted, it's happened before (Ramos, for example) but it's still very weird....

Either way, unless the datamine reveals more pairings, August is shaping to be be a skip month for me. Might try one more multi on Marnie. Or maybe the Kantrio so I can get SS Blue to be 3/5. We'll see...

LordSerperior

Wait, did they confirm Galarian HauHop is free? I don't recall reading that.

Falkner not having Skarmory is weird. No idea why they went with a gen 3 pokémon for him. Granted, it's happened before (Ramos, for example) but it's still very weird....

Either way, unless the datamine reveals more pairings, August is shaping to be be a skip month for me. Might try one more multi on Marnie. Or maybe the Kantrio so I can get SS Blue to be 3/5. We'll see...
They said Hop is part of a new legendary event so I'm sure he's free.

I mean he's never used Skarmory in any of the main series games including the PWT in BW2 but I was hoping they'd give it to him anyway. Realistically, he was gonna get either Swellow or Noctowl and don't really have a strong preference between those two. BP Falkner with Pidgeot though!

I do think there's at least one more pokefair/master fair. The letter implies the first unit with a Max Move will debut in the run up to anniversary. I believe it will be tied to the Hop legendary event and if I had to guess I think it'll be Victor. I'm skipping all as well, I'll hope for Falkner and Rachel (please don't be limited) to spook me some other time.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
-Gloria is the Protagonist

-Hop is her Rival

-Gloria has Zacian

-Hop has Zamazenta

-Gloria's Starter is Inteleon

-So that means Hop's Starter is....

Bunny fans assemble! Your time will arrive!

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
New Dev Letter! Really happy with the announcements in this one.

They're finally adding Falkner! That crosses off the last non-Galar character on my want list. I really wanted him with Skarmory (because of the manga) but he's finally in so I don't care about the Pokémon too much.

So they're adding Lear, Rachel and Sawyer as banners. I thought we'd get them for free or at least Rachel and Sawyer for free. I hope they're normal spotlight scouts at least because I'm getting the uneasy feeling that they'll be Pokefairs which would reach suck.

It's nice to see that they're finally giving away a free Galar pair in Hop. Hoping he's a support tank.

So they're adding the Battle Chatelaines as BP pairs. Don't really care about them but I will be saving the rainbow BP ticket (whenever we actually get it) in case they add a character I like later. And speaking of BP, giving points through master mode is a great addition.

All the simultaneous event reruns towards the end of the month seems annoying though. Hopefully they run for long enough to get all the rewards.
Lord Serperior, you took the words out of my mouth. I have been waiting two years for Falkner. From his description, he seems like a support-oriented Nate (I guess?). The only other Johto unit who would be a great addition would be Chuck (& Poliwrath?) because we still need Fighting types.

The Pasio trio at last, how exciting! Rachel's kit seems a tad underwhelming (it feels like a more buff-heavy, heal-nerfed version of Dawn's move), but Lear and Saywer are quite nice on paper.

Otherwise, I was personally hoping they'd give us Hoenn's and Sinnoh's missing Elite Four members. Alright, granted I can take or leave Lucian for the time being, but if Aaron and Bertha end up being Tech, so help me...! (Not me wanting more Bug and Ground units, no sir.) Now Hoenn on the other hand, we're only missing Sidney. Throw him together with Absol, give him a banner, and voila! The next great candidate for a new Champion gauntlet.

(A moment of silence for Ryuki, Darach (who will probably never get a unit at this point) and the other Gen V units we were promised (Hugh, the waiter brothers), and most importantly, LUCAS. (I pray they're saving him for when BDSP drops.) I'm giving villain admins and--fingers crossed, Colress--until the end of the year because I have a funny feeling about their decision to concurrently rerun boss events. They promised us Rocket admins (Ariana, Archer), and we saw the Aqua/Magma pairs briefly, so it stands to reason...)

Haha... I, um, didn't even know who Evelyn was (and consequently, her sisters were) until a mutual told me. (I never bothered with Battle Maison.) What an odd choice for Kalos... I'd rather we get Poke Fair AZ any day.

Galar rights! Hop is a wonderful start--I don't see why he wouldn't be a Support unit, to tell you the truth. But notable trainers (like Bede) and the Gym Leaders are still under-represented, an issue I hope will be fixed with time.

-Hop is her Rival

-Gloria has Zacian

-Hop has Zamazenta

...Ah! I FORGOT ABOUT VICTOR. Where is he, anyway? I suppose he'll have no legendary (sad... his getting Eternatus would be pretty cool), but if we follow that logic, Rillaboom will be his companion.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I’m usually indifferent to most dev letters but this one was actually very good.
*Hop as a free legendary is good as it addresses the lack of free Galar pairs. Wish he got Dubwool first though

*Falkner should’ve had Noctowl from the beginning but I actually like Swellow more than both it & Pidgeot combined so it’s a fair trade off. Hopefully BP Falkner and Pidgeot/Noctowl/Winona and Swellow are added.

*Lear & co being added was an inevitability and I’m ok with that. Not in a rush to pull for them but hopefully I’m spooked by them eventually. I wonder if there will be a Pasio Theme Skill and BP Rotation now that they’re coming.

*Evelyn & Entei are a surprise but I felt like the Battle Chatelaines were eventually coming now that the Subway twins are here. She’s probably my least favorite but still welcome her. Can’t wait for Morgan & Dana. Also fun fact, their names are based on the time of day: Dana (Day), Morgan (Morning), Nita (Night), & Evelyn (Evening).

*Honestly don’t like Dynamax but it most likely will introduce more Galar pairs over time even faster so I’m ok with it. I think the first pair to use it will be Victor & Cinderace.

*Finally Sync Orb courses don’t use stamina.

*I wonder what’s the surprise on the 19th.

*Thank god the story mode is coming to end soon. They dragged this out for far too long.

-Hop is her Rival

-Gloria has Zacian

-Hop has Zamazenta

To be fair, Brendan is treated as the MC since his dad is Norman and has Sceptile while May is the rival since her dad is Birch but she has Swampert so Cinderace might not be his starter.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Hop and Zamazenta being free is neat, because while I like Hop, I probably wouldn't pull for him.

Fingers crossed for a Leon/Eternatus sync pair, because I really don't want Rose to get it. Also, if Zinnia can get Rayquaza, then I don't think this is an impossibility.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
To be fair, Brendan is treated as the MC since his dad is Norman and has Sceptile while May is the rival since her dad is Birch but she has Swampert so Cinderace might not be his starter.
Hope it's the case here too. I don't want my bunny stuck with a character I don't like.

LordSerperior

I don't like any of the candidates for Galar starters (Gloria, Victor, Hop and Leon?) so my favourite drummer monkey will inevitably end up with someone I don't like. I'd much rather have him with a seasonal Roxie.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I can see Roxie with a Toxitricity

Anyway, no update today. Guess they are holding for either tomorrow or they pull a fast one and only put it out on thursday when the new content is supposed to drop.

*looks at sig*

Yeah, that'd be horrible, ain't it.
No, because I like Goh :)

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
At long last... Giovanni finally has a grid.
*Finally Sync Orb courses don’t use stamina.

*I wonder what’s the surprise on the 19th.

*Thank god the story mode is coming to end soon. They dragged this out for far too long.
My sentiments as well, especially with regards to the first point. I'd rather not spend 100 (previously a whopping 200) stamina on my 900 daily orbs.
I think May got Mudkip despite Brendan having Treecko and being the main character simply because Mudkip being associated with her name and the Sapphire version. Yes, Brendan is themed after Ruby and so he'd gotten Torchic, but then again, his name is more green-themed than fire-themed. If Hop is somehow heavily associated with Cinderace, it may be its starter.

(Then again, Calem has freaking male Meowstic, so what do I know.)
Each generation's setup usually allows for equal distribution of starters.

- The Kanto trio worked well because Red has no standard version while Leaf and Green/Blue have two.

- For Johto, we have three starters for three protagonists (Ethan, Kris, Kris 2.0 Lyra).

- Hoenn was probably as you say. It's a weird choice, but... eh.

- Sinnoh is tricky because Lucas is practically forgotten in the presence of Dawn and Barry. Lucas is bound to be another Calem because, well, Sinnoh has no Fire types and they prioritized Flint. Go figure.

- I think they handled Unova well, with Nate being the least popular Gen V protagonist. (This begs the question of how they'll deal with Hugh. I suppose he could be another Silver... without a Legendary.)

- I've had a theory with regards to Kalos! Those who played XY will recall the sheer number of rivals the player had (four). Of the remaining three only one is notable: Shauna. I feel she's better off with Goodra, she'll probably wind up paired with Chesnaught. Greninja is tough because it's more popular than any of the human characters... maybe it'll be another surprise player partner like Torchic?

- Thank goodness they didn't treat the USUM protagonists as separate from the SM ones.

- I think it's possible we could see a Sygna Suit Hop for Cinderace; either way, Victor would have to get Rillaboom (at least as a weird seasonal or something. It'd be the perfect tie-in for Ryuki's debut). I believe it's likely we'll see a Battle Tower alt for Leon, in which case he could have Eternatus (Iris has two versions, as does Kukui, so it's not unlikely).

Somewhat unrelated, but is anyone else still weirded out by Brendan's Sceptile not Mega Evolving? Brendan's model has the bracelet and stone. I would've expected them to retcon this by now, especially considering May's Swampert does.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Toxtricity is my dream Roxie alt but yeah I couldn't think of any other characters I like that'd fit Rillaboom.
They could throw a curveball and give to the other musicians esque characters.

I really hope we get a Maximizers event or maybe one event where Roxie, Piers and any other character who might be associated with music (Lisia again? Ryuki?) try to form their own band? DeNA could even do an original song (with lyrics) and then sell it on itunes or something.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
SS Leon(?) with Eternatus (outfit looks.. interesting)
Sidney with Mega Absol. Guess Hoenn Stadium is coming?