• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
I just got into this app like a week ago, I'm loving it! So fun and different. Wish they gave you more main character pokemon choices.

LordSerperior

A Piers alt.
Not a big fan of Piers but I'll take him over most of the likely options.

Victor would have to get Rillaboom (at least as a weird seasonal or something. It'd be the perfect tie-in for Ryuki's debut).
Please no! Rillaboom deserves better!

They could throw a curveball and give to the other musicians esque characters.

I really hope we get a Maximizers event or maybe one event where Roxie, Piers and any other character who might be associated with music (Lisia again? Ryuki?) try to form their own band? DeNA could even do an original song (with lyrics) and then sell it on itunes or something.
Yeah, a musician alt is what I want. I really liked the 2020 summer event so I'm up for some more music themed events.

My boy Falkner is looking great, both model and kit.

My fears have come true in the form of Lear being a Pokefair. Rachel and Sawyer are both 4* but are being featured on the Lear banner so I'm not entirely sure if they'll be added to the general pool. Also they have grids? Is this indicating they'll start gridding the other 3/4*s or are they the exception. This is kinda annoying.

Sidney is here so we'll probably get Hoenn CS next month.

And finally there's SS Leon with Eternatus who I don't care about.

I will probably skip everything this month. I might pull on the Lear banner if we get good gems this month.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
YEAAHHH!!! WOOOO!!! LET'S GOOOO!!!

Sorry, had to get that out of my system. But seriously, Leon and Eternatus made my day. Even better, no Rose!

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Geez, I can't wait to see the explanation behind Leon suddenly having Eternatus.
(Note: I don’t play Masters)
Simple. Leon killed Rose and took Eternatus. Rose is a criminal, responsible for nearly blowing up Galar with Eternatus, after all.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Wow... I actually predicted Sidney & Absol.

And... Leon? Just goes to show. Honestly, they need to give us more unique Galar units, not just alternates of implemented ones.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Honestly? Most dissapointing datamine so far

Lear not being a striker is super weird. They could really sell it since it's a Psychic unit with an EX, which is something we don't have right now. Honestly, I'll probably do dailies on his banner just for the sake of tradition...

Leon is worse. For starters, that outfit is clearly fujoishi bait. The folks who ship him with Raihan are having a field day with that and are going... Very unforfunate places. Make sure to turn safe search on if you ever look for fanart of him :p

As for the pokémon... I really wanted Eternatus to be poison. It was their chance to give a premium poison striker as a stronger alternative to Plummeria, yet they gave us another dragon. I don't see why Dynamax canon couldn't just be a secundary move... Guess it's all up to Klara now...

Sidney is the only addition I like since it means Hoenn Champion Stadium is coming. Happy to get it out of the way. It'll surely be the one we'll face on September

Either way, happy I'll be able to try one or two multis on Summer Marnie's banner without feeling guilty lol

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Going over the datamine with a clearer mind, I'm kind of torn between Lear and SS Leon. On one hand SS Leon has a slick design, Eternatus, and a Max Move, which could quite possibly be the next big thing. On the other hand, Hoopa is one of my favorite mythicals, Lear is a pretty fun character himself, I definitely wouldn't turn down a Sawyer or Rachel spook, and Lear would basically have a monopoly on my Tech candies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Finally got SS Red and 1 more copy of SS Blue in the 72 hour Kanto banner. Was hoping for Leaf too to complete the trio but I’m not wasting my gems on my horrid luck

LordSerperior

Out of gems! Got both Lear and 5/5 Sawyer but no Rachel. Idk why I pulled without pity but one would assume a featured 4* would be easier to get.

I'll wait till the end of the banner to see how many gems we'll get and then decide if I wanna go for Rachel again. After which I'm gonna try and just not pull anything until Halloween.

In other news, Lear is insanely good! That sunglasses theme skill missions were a pain but I somehow managed with Lear, Sawyer and EX Summer Steven.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
I got Rachel on a single, and Sawyer and Lear came in a single 3k roll. I'm not complaining.
Honestly? Most dissapointing datamine so far

Lear not being a striker is super weird. They could really sell it since it's a Psychic unit with an EX, which is something we don't have right now. Honestly, I'll probably do dailies on his banner just for the sake of tradition...

Leon is worse. For starters, that outfit is clearly fujoishi bait. The folks who ship him with Raihan are having a field day with that and are going... Very unforfunate places. Make sure to turn safe search on if you ever look for fanart of him :p

As for the pokémon... I really wanted Eternatus to be poison. It was their chance to give a premium poison striker as a stronger alternative to Plummeria, yet they gave us another dragon. I don't see why Dynamax canon couldn't just be a secundary move... Guess it's all up to Klara now...

Sidney is the only addition I like since it means Hoenn Champion Stadium is coming. Happy to get it out of the way. It'll surely be the one we'll face on September

Either way, happy I'll be able to try one or two multis on Summer Marnie's banner without feeling guilty lol
First part--though not technically unreleased content as of today--I absolutely agree with. I fail to see what about him makes him a Tech unit.

Eternatus isn't Poison? Oh, c'mon! We don't need more Dragon units; we have at least three more trainers that are waiting to be implemented (Drasna, Ryuki, and Drayden) who will almost certainly use the type. (I say, "almost certainly" because Ryuki could be a Fire type unit.) Just... Klara and Oleana will have to do. (Or maybe a Lusamine alt featuring Nihilego--fingers crossed!)

Seriously, though... it would've been nicer if they handled Leon the same way they did Ghetsis.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Thanks, team. Didn't even know there was a theme skills missions. Forget to check the other tabs in the missions bottom. You are the best!

Anyway, finally got Summer Marnie. It took me 3 more multis (5 multis in total) but I finally got her lol

Also, the dailies gave me Summer Steven. He is 2/5 now. If I don't get him again until monday, I'll just use the candy on him :)

Risked a multi on Lear but it was dead. Only dupes. Funny thing is that Lucy haunted me this time. Across all banners, I should have gotten her like 4 or 5 times lol Hope I get the same luck with a hypothetical alternate outfit

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
And I have finally gotten 7,500 points at the league.

Feelin' hollow.
Just remember BP is being added to the League rewards. Consider it instead as a measure of how you might profit from week to week going forward. (I feel so pathetic in comparison, seeing as I tend to average 4,300 per week.)

In order to clear all the Lear event missions, I had to EX the guy. I guess 15k Sync move damage is nice, but that doesn't happen without a few Sync boosts. At least as a 1/5, he's certainly nowhere near as useful a Tech EX as Marnie or Champion Iris or SS Leaf.

(Dang it, Bianca, can you please show up again in my rolls? You're not very useful at 1/5, and I'm not giving you candy...!)

Well, I had enough 4* cards to promote Sawyer and Rachel to 5* at least...

LordSerperior

Just remember BP is being added to the League rewards. Consider it instead as a measure of how you might profit from week to week going forward. (I feel so pathetic in comparison, seeing as I tend to average 4,300 per week.)

In order to clear all the Lear event missions, I had to EX the guy. I guess 15k Sync move damage is nice, but that doesn't happen without a few Sync boosts. At least as a 1/5, he's certainly nowhere near as useful a Tech EX as Marnie or Champion Iris or SS Leaf.

(Dang it, Bianca, can you please show up again in my rolls? You're not very useful at 1/5, and I'm not giving you candy...!)

Well, I had enough 4* cards to promote Sawyer and Rachel to 5* at least...
Bianca gets all of her essentials at 1/5 though? Psychic Terrain MPR and Stored Power MGR are her most important tiles.

Lear I agree at 1/5 is not worth using over Giovanni. He feels more like a striker than a tech tbh. His sync move is annoying to set up and I run into gauge issues with him. The Rising Tide at 3/5 with an EX and insane sync reduction would be insane though.

EX attackers of each type if possible. Sync Move nukes are where it's at. Even EX Korrina screws Iris on a Dark-type season.
I would say EX supports are way more useful. They are more versatile and the double sync buff can make almost every striker viable. It's also easier to EX five supports for each CS stage than 17 strikers.

Though if you play long enough, it can all be done without any EX units and you can save the EX resources for favourites.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Thanks for the advice, everyone! I think my issue is that I rely too heavily on type-advantage units without considering general utility (apart from the Villa runs where I was aiming for the medals), and as such I forget that I have the EX SS Kanto trifecta, which just destroys everything. I'm getting better about it bit by bit. Is there that much of a difference between super effective- and neutral damage?

LordSerperior

Thanks for the advice, everyone! I think my issue is that I rely too heavily on type-advantage units without considering general utility (apart from the Villa runs where I was aiming for the medals), and as such I forget that I have the EX SS Kanto trifecta, which just destroys everything. I'm getting better about it bit by bit. Is there that much of a difference between super effective- and neutral damage?
Neutral damage with better multipliers can usually outdamage type advantage with average multipliers. That said, I personally prefer to follow type advantage as it allows me to use a variety of units instead of the same units over and over again. If an on-type striker is a bit lacking I throw in EX support to help them out.

The SS kanto trio should at the very least allow you to clear three stages with 1500 points. EX Blue can carry an average striker easily. Leaf can both be a good Frenzy Plant damage dealer as well as a great stall unit. And well Red is fairly obvious.

All that said, do we know how the BP rewards are distributed through master mode?

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
All that said, do we know how the BP rewards are distributed through master mode?
According to the datamine, BP is spread between 4500 and 7500 points. Total is like 40 BP per week.