• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

LordSerperior

Got a 5* today but it was my 4th Brendan so not really something I cared about.

With all the extra stamina and a bit of luck, I'm done with all of the legendary events. Now to stock up on the bottles for the inevitable 140 level cap.

Also the Cresselia missions were a pain. The annoying status conditions and the Kalos and E4 theme skills. Took out first bar with Grimsley/Sycamore/Wikstrom, second bar with Karen/Viola/Rachel and then finished with Holiday Erika/Spring Burgh/Leaf. I don't remember what I used during the initial run but I don't remember having too much difficulty.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
I was expecting three simultaneous legendary events to be a lot more time and stamina consuming than they turned out to be. But I finished Cyrus yesterday, Sycamore today, and for Ghetsis I only have the coin left. And we're getting 400 extra stamina every day for the next several days, wth am I supposed to use it on?

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
You're best off using your stamina on the mat grinding courses since they have boosted rewards now. Get your guys to max level.

Also grind the final box in the Hop event, its spotlight present is 10 bronze tickets, which is very good.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Man, the Cresselia fight was annoying. Had to do two runs for the missions.

First
Dark theme: Furbert, Karen and Grimsley. Very unfortunate there isn't much Dark type Elite 4...
Kalos theme: Serena, Lyssandre and Sycamore. You can see it was build for this team as trapping damages Cress a lot in the first bar and then Dark Pulse kind of destroys her on the final 2.

Second
E4 theme: Karen and Grimsley again with Koga (I completly forgot about who I used and had to recheck my game to remember it was him lol).
Finish things off with EX gang (Red, Serena and normal!Leaf). Honestly, it was kind of close call because of Toxic (luckied on a flinch when she used it the first time but couldn't escape the second). But then it's kind of my fault as I was lazy and didn't use the build that has Potion curing status (even though I think I had it saved lol). Also, I had an accidental Galaxy brain moment: before the Toxic hit I had Serena used Hypnosis. Since Cresselia deflected the status, Delphox was asleep thus it wasn't affected by AoE Toxic lol

Honestly, if you can deal with Toxic via Leaf's grid and a bit of luck on Potion refresh, the EX gang can handle the stage very easily.

LordSerperior

What were the odds of repeating the exact same free pull. Another Brendan and a whole bunch of 3 stars.

With all the extra stamina, I'm pretty much done unlocking level caps for everyone. I think I'll stock up some bottles for the future now. Don't know if it's worth stocking codexes since I believe they'll add a new version for the next cap.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Dark theme: Furbert, Karen and Grimsley. Very unfortunate there isn't much Dark type Elite 4...

We have two Karins, the BP one is quite good for the first round. Pair her with Giima and some Kalos character, then regular Karin and Serena can be paired with a third Kalos character to take out the remainder. It's not too bad.

LordSerperior

Wanted to beat Cresselia 1v3 again just to make up for my how annoying I found the missions. Beat it thrice: S.Burgh/H.Erika/Grimsley, Leaf/H.Erika/Karen and my villa team of S.Burgh/H.Erika/Leaf.

Triple support (especially non-EXed) is my favourite team composition. It's much slower but so satisfying to pull off.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Another ten pull ticket, another roll with nothing but power up tickets, and no gold either.

On the bright side, my latest gem pull got me SS Leon. Time to wait and see what anni has in store.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Lillie new fit is adorable! Steven's is good too, but Rayquaza's one of the Pokemon who looks better normal as opposed to shiny.

Assuming they're all Master pairs, my new pulling order is Lillie > N > Steven.

LordSerperior

The anniversary seasonals look great! I want N and Lillie but probably can only get one. Steven looks good but I don't really care about Rayquaza so he's a skip. The main story is coming in the next update I guess.

In other news the free scouts have been pretty useless for me, it's either no 5* or the useless 4th and 5th dupes of characters. Not even a 5* power up. It's free so whatever but please just give me Selene.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
So... Lillie is into her SECOND alternate while Hilda has not even her first?

Either way, I like Lillie and a ghost striker will be welcome as an alternative to Morty, who needs sync to inflict optimal damage. Also, since I have Halloween Acerola, I can make use of theme skills as well as the Alola Master Passive. So Lillie will be the one I'll do pulls for

N is kind of dissapointing. A Support would be the ideal. I feel like the idea is to have him paired with normal!Leon and BP Evelyn. Sure Leon can burn things on his own, but N inflicting AoE burn allow people to use burn synergy on the free move turn (right after trainer move).

Steven is passable. I laughed after finding his stats are compared to Nate's. Also, poor Zinnia's been simply robbed. No mega (despite the keystone item thing on her) for both versions and now we have what's pretty much a better version of her partner.

(Also, it could be fun pairing Steven with Maxie and Archie even if they cancel each other)

The select fair scout is kind of greedy since the pool could use a bit more option (thought it'd be when I finally get Lear). Will probably pick a SS Cynthia.

As for the free misty. Only doing the mininal for the gems and training items for the better characters. She'll be rotting as a level 1 with no investment.

LordSerperior

So they ARE updating the 5*-Ticket Guaranteed Scout pool. Good thing I barely used my resources.
I believe it goes up to Piers now so instead of missing one character from the pool, I'm missing 2 now I guess with an overall lower chance of getting new characters. Saving tickets is kinda not worth it.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
I can actually see myself using Lillie's new unit (provided I get her, of course). As much as I love N and Steven, their kits are pretty lukewarm in comparison, at least at a glance. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

I couldn't help but notice they're giving us Johto for the League challenge next month. Nothing's stopping them from adding Hoenn to the rotation.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
My slight sadness at the new Master pairs being a little underwhelming (especially compared to the weather duo) is completely negated by the enjoyment I get from the subreddit being on fire.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Lillie is a precious cinnamon roll too good for the sinful earth, so that's all I need to pull for her.

And the game seemingly agrees with me. She moseyed on up in the first multi I did, which was great considering I only had 4000 Gems at the time. No regrets giving her Strike candies, I'm not pressing that kind of luck.