• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Managed to get Champion Iris before her banner left. Will use a tech coin to upgrade her

Ignition

New pairs:
BW Elesa w/Dynamax(!) Emolga (PokéFair)
Alola Grimsley w/ Bisharp (general pool)
Christmas Nessa w/Eiscue (seasonal)
Christmas Leon w/ Calyrex Ice Rider (seasonal)
Sygna Suit Lusamine with Dusk Mane/Ultra Necrozma! (Master Fair)
Sonia & Yamper (general pool)
Tina (the redhead girl who was datatmined since day 1) & Flareon where also found but don’t seem to be scoutable atm
EDIT: @Mythical-Moonlight got to it before me as I was typing

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
DeNA punishing me for putting all my gems into C!Iris banner. Who I didn't get btw.

Not sure if I should go for Christmas Leon or Master Lusamine, but it'll come down to whether or not Lusamine is a Support unit.

LordSerperior

The best part of the datamine is grids for the 3 and 4 stars. About time! While Candice, Sophocles and Brycen don't interest me too much, I'm hyped for Roxie, Bugsy and Shauntal finally getting grids.

BW Elesa being pokefair is cruel when I committed myself to getting SC Jasmine, who I'll probably have to pity with the community reward gems.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Suzuna getting an EX and a grid is incredible. Finally the old useless gacha units get some attention. She seems really good now too, time to start powering her up.
Santa Rurina is the only new banner that really interests me, I'll see what I do with my remaining gems after securing her.

Ignition

DeNA punishing me for putting all my gems into C!Iris banner. Who I didn't get btw.

Not sure if I should go for Christmas Leon or Master Lusamine, but it'll come down to whether or not Lusamine is a Support unit.
I’m in the exact same position.
SS Lusamine is a special Striker.
The best part of the datamine is grids for the 3 and 4 stars. About time! While Candice, Sophocles and Brycen don't interest me too much, I'm hyped for Roxie, Bugsy and Shauntal finally getting grids.

BW Elesa being pokefair is cruel when I committed myself to getting SC Jasmine, who I'll probably have to pity with the community reward gems.
Agreed here as well. About time non story 3/4 star pairs get grids and EXs. Just dreading the drip feed seeing as how even there are still 5 stars without EX (poor Cheren doesn’t have either)

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Just dreading the drip feed seeing as how even there are still 5 stars without EX (poor Cheren doesn’t have either)

Cheren is a *5 unit, so even if he got a grid, it'd have to be something crazy broken to make people want to toss valuable candy at him.

Ignition

Cheren is a *5 unit, so even if he got a grid, it'd have to be something crazy broken to make people want to toss valuable candy at him.
Didn’t they use to give story units specific candies? I think Acerola & Rosa got one. Part of me wants to hope they have something good planned for him but in reality I expect him to get a lackluster grid.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Cheren never got his own training event to upgrade to 5/5? Damn.

No story unit ever did, but before candies got added, story units that got grids got a training event to upgrade them to 2/5.
Candies made it easy enough to bring the *3 and *4 story units to 5/5, but the *5 units generally aren't good enough to be worth wasting an entire *5 candy on. And Cheren would need TWO to access his full grid.

Didn’t they use to give story units specific candies? I think Acerola & Rosa got one. Part of me wants to hope they have something good planned for him but in reality I expect him to get a lackluster grid.

Acerola, Mei and Calme got free 2/5 upgrades. Thankfully everything of worth on Acerola's grid is locked behind 2/5, so it's all SHE needed.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
There’s two new sync pairs that don’t make sense: Leon and Calyrex & Nessa and Eiscue. Wouldn’t the sync pair of Peony & Calyrex and the sync pair of Melony & Eiscue make more sense?

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
with Tina and Flareon do you think we can get all Eeveelutions soon? We have:
- Eevee and Green
- Vaporeon and Mosty
- Flareon and Tina
- Umbreon and Rachel/Karen
- Leafeon and Erika
- Sylveon and Valerie

We can have these pairs to cover the rest:
- Jolteon and Trace
- Espeon and Dexio
- Glaceon and Sina

Hunga

Wasn't there a frontier brain with an Espeon? Anabel?
Could see her making a debut and getting this eveelution.

Which of the new releases do you think will be worth the gems?
Saved some but not sure who to spend it on...
Necrozma looks nice but do I really want ANOTHER psychic striker?
HELP! :D

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Which of the new releases do you think will be worth the gems?
Saved some but not sure who to spend it on...
Necrozma looks nice but do I really want ANOTHER psychic striker?
HELP! :D

As far as pure gameplay value goes, Santa Dande seems to be the winner. Majicos Lusamine is strong, but since everyone has Mewtwo, she's not going to add THAT much to your team.

LordSerperior

Pitied SC Jasmine and pulled Falkner along the way. Probably won't have enough gems for BW Elesa anymore though. Here's a hoping a rerun isn't too far away

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
It's even funnier they didn't even bother to give us Galar tickets.

The tickets were awarded because a certain number of players beat the respective regional characters' stories in the current event, none of them were Galar characters. Which character do you think it's funny didn't give Galar tickets instead of tickets from their actual region?

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Well, none of the four Special Costume options were from Galar, so...
The tickets were awarded because a certain number of players beat the respective regional characters' stories in the current event, none of them were Galar characters. Which character do you think it's funny didn't give Galar tickets instead of tickets from their actual region?
My bad for not paying attention.

Ignition

Actually got SS Lusamine on my first multi along with Kiawe. Super pleased with this and a great way to end the year (unless I cave in on Leon’s seasonal)

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
I wasn't planning on rolling for SS!Lusamine, but as soon as I got to the summon screen, my heart said "I want".

Fortunately, I got her in my second roll. It was also my first instance of good luck since Diantha and Gardevoir's release banner.

Fingers crossed that Leon brings Calyrex home.

Edit: Got Diantha/Keldeo twice in one ten roll. Getting scared for my chances at Leon/Calyrex.

Last edited: