• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Part 2 of the Hoenn VA is out!

Zinnia and Steven rivalry while Wallace cries from a distance. Maybe you'll get Manaphy with a Champion alt, buddy.

And it's nice that the two teams called a temporary truce.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
My Hoenn pairs suck.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Part 2 of the Hoenn VA is out!

Zinnia and Steven rivalry while Wallace cries from a distance. Maybe you'll get Manaphy with a Champion alt, buddy.

And it's nice that the two teams called a temporary truce.
Manaphy would be dope. Or something like Volcanion.

LordSerperior

The more I think about it the more annoying it is that we didn't get a Wally alt. I'd even be happy with Wallace/Lisia/Winona/Flannery or whoever else has some level of popularity but we didn't get a fourth alt like we've done with all the other VAs.

Also they tried to pack way too much into the story, we really didn't need the meteor again. It was the worst VA so far.

On to speculating about units for the remaining VAs.

Unova:
A bit tricky because of the four MCs. If I had to rank in order of likelihood I'd say Rosa > Hilda > Hilbert > Nate. Rosa was pretty much the mascot for the game and hasn't gotten anything new in a while and both her units are a bit dated. She and Hilda being the female MCs take precedence over the boys and Hilbert is more popular than Nate. It would be insane if they actually give all four alts. I think N is almost a guarantee, very popular character that also has a lot of relevance to the story. I don't see Ghetsis getting an alt but they could add Colress as a pokefair instead. This is the region I'm most excited for but I'm scared for my gems.

Kalos:
Serena has an SS that was probably designed to tie into the VA and I think she'll just get a rerun. SS Calem likely given all MCs except Leaf got alts for their VAs. Sycamore, Lysandre and Diantha are possibilities for alt with Sycamore being the most likely for a master fair imo. Kalos doesn't have a lot of legendaries though, only left with Volcanaion and Unbound Hoopa. In a less likely twist AZ could get a unit I guess. Personally least excited for this one.

Alola:
SS Elio and Selene and Lusamine rerun. Possible new alt for Guzma, Gladion or Lillie, with Guzma being the most likely for master fair imo. Faba as introduced villain but can't see him being a limited unit.

Galar:
Victor probably gets added along with an SS or Crown Tundra version of Gloria (who I think is also likely to be a master fair). I expect both Rose and Oleana to be added but not sure if they'd be limited. I'm guessing no Leon alts but both regular and SS will rerun. Sonia and Hop have story relevance and Marnie has popularity so they could get alts too.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
The more I think about it the more annoying it is that we didn't get a Wally alt. I'd even be happy with Wallace/Lisia/Winona/Flannery or whoever else has some level of popularity but we didn't get a fourth alt like we've done with all the other VAs.

Also they tried to pack way too much into the story, we really didn't need the meteor again. It was the worst VA so far.

On to speculating about units for the remaining VAs.

Unova:
A bit tricky because of the four MCs. If I had to rank in order of likelihood I'd say Rosa > Hilda > Hilbert > Nate. Rosa was pretty much the mascot for the game and hasn't gotten anything new in a while and both her units are a bit dated. She and Hilda being the female MCs take precedence over the boys and Hilbert is more popular than Nate. It would be insane if they actually give all four alts. I think N is almost a guarantee, very popular character that also has a lot of relevance to the story. I don't see Ghetsis getting an alt but they could add Colress as a pokefair instead. This is the region I'm most excited for but I'm scared for my gems.

Kalos:
Serena has an SS that was probably designed to tie into the VA and I think she'll just get a rerun. SS Calem likely given all MCs except Leaf got alts for their VAs. Sycamore, Lysandre and Diantha are possibilities for alt with Sycamore being the most likely for a master fair imo. Kalos doesn't have a lot of legendaries though, only left with Volcanaion and Unbound Hoopa. In a less likely twist AZ could get a unit I guess. Personally least excited for this one.

Alola:
SS Elio and Selene and Lusamine rerun. Possible new alt for Guzma, Gladion or Lillie, with Guzma being the most likely for master fair imo. Faba as introduced villain but can't see him being a limited unit.

Galar:
Victor probably gets added along with an SS or Crown Tundra version of Gloria (who I think is also likely to be a master fair). I expect both Rose and Oleana to be added but not sure if they'd be limited. I'm guessing no Leon alts but both regular and SS will rerun. Sonia and Hop have story relevance and Marnie has popularity so they could get alts too.
Wally just screems Jirachi to me...

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
SS Steven is a fun unit from the looks of it but Anni is so close and I need to try and get 2 sparks for the Hoenn villains’ reruns. The story was whatever. Wally didn’t do anything, Wallace was weirdly absent along with the rest of Hoenn’s cast, the Courtney/Matt stuff felt forced and Team Rocket was forced into the story. Zinnia and Steven’s rivalry is pretty cool though imo. Wish they took time to expand on these plots. I do think they’re setting up a final part of the arc with everyone vs Team Rocket which is cool.

Excited for more BP units. Hope they’re good

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
So Kanto, Sinnoh, Alola, and Galar are getting updates to Scout tickets. On the top of my head, the newest missing non-Poke Fair units for each region are:

Kanto: SS!Misty and SS!Erika, basically weather sets.
Sinnoh: Darach, Aaron, Bertha, and Lucian. (The BIG question here is if Looker will be added to the pool, unless he misses the bus like when the latest 4 Alola units didn't get in despite releasing close to the previous update.) If you saved your Sinnoh scout tickets, you probably struck a gold mine.
Alola: Lana, Kiawe, Hala, and Masked Kukui... Well, at least Lana is a durable duelist for Epic Battles.
Galar: Sonia and Allister (basically a freebie Dynamax trainer.)

LordSerperior

So Kanto, Sinnoh, Alola, and Galar are getting updates to Scout tickets. On the top of my head, the newest missing non-Poke Fair units for each region are:

Sinnoh: Darach, Aaron, Bertha, and Lucian. (The BIG question here is if Looker will be added to the pool, unless he misses the bus like when the latest 4 Alola units didn't get in despite releasing close to the previous update.) If you saved your Sinnoh scout tickets, you probably struck a gold mine.
Alola: Lana, Kiawe, Hala, and Masked Kukui... Well, at least Lana is a durable duelist for Epic Battles.
Don't think Looker will be added because Courtney isn't being added and they both came around the same time. Also last year was weird because Sidney and Falkner were released after the four Alola units but still got added to the ticket scouts. Umm Lana is definitely not the only usable one of those, all four of those units are solid.

Hopefully we don't get any more BP pairs with the MC, hate those.

Ignition

There’s also Kimono Grimsley

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Unova:

To be fair, I would've said the same thing about Johto giving all three Protagonists alts, much less MF ones, before its VA and yet that's exactly what they did. They seem to try to give each protagonists an alt in their respective VAs since as you said the only one who didn't get one currently is Leaf, so the odds are very much in all four's favor of getting one.

Now in terms of how they'd distribute it I'd imagine they'd do a BW/B2W2 split and have Hilda/Hilbert/N in the first half and Rosa/Nate/Colress in the second half. It'd mean six banners to run, but they have run five banners at one time for Hoenn and Johto, with the latter being particularly nasty as two were Pokefairs and three were Master Fairs, so it's definitely not out of the realm of possibility that they have a sixth.

LordSerperior

To be fair, I would've said the same thing about Johto giving all three Protagonists alts, much less MF ones, before its VA and yet that's exactly what they did. They seem to try to give each protagonists an alt in their respective VAs since as you said the only one who didn't get one currently is Leaf, so the odds are very much in all four's favor of getting one.

Now in terms of how they'd distribute it I'd imagine they'd do a BW/B2W2 split and have Hilda/Hilbert/N in the first half and Rosa/Nate/Colress in the second half. It'd mean six banners to run, but they have run five banners at one time for Hoenn and Johto, with the latter being particularly nasty as two were Pokefairs and three were Master Fairs, so it's definitely not out of the realm of possibility that they have a sixth.
I think my statement was more of a concern for how I'll pull all of those since I really like the Unova characters but yeah I agree with your assessment of how it'll probably be split. As of right now, Unova is only missing the Pride and Spirit master fairs so at the very least it won't be 3 master fairs like it was for Johto.

Assuming Unova is the next VA, I would expect it to be in October or November and I'd have to save at least 5 pities worth of gems to pull the 4 protagonists and N. Given current hints anniversary might be an easy skip but Halloween seasonals are always very tempting for me.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Come to think of it, we didn't get a hint for what the next VA could be.

Kanto: Generic "other groups will follow TR's/Giovanni's footsteps"

Sinnoh: Giovanni muses about loyal subordinates, thinking of TR's admins

Johto: "If they don't work with us, we'll pit them against each other"

Hoenn: Nothing

It would've been cool if Giovanni had commented on Deoxys and mused about alien powers, maybe setting up Alola and the UB or Galar and Eternatus. A mention of legendaries clashing could foreshadow Unova or Kalos VAs.

Ignition

Come to think of it, we didn't get a hint for what the next VA could be.

Kanto: Generic "other groups will follow TR's/Giovanni's footsteps"

Sinnoh: Giovanni muses about loyal subordinates, thinking of TR's admins

Johto: "If they don't work with us, we'll pit them against each other"

Hoenn: Nothing

It would've been cool if Giovanni had commented on Deoxys and mused about alien powers, maybe setting up Alola and the UB or Galar and Eternatus. A mention of legendaries clashing could foreshadow Unova or Kalos VAs.
Maybe we’ll get a in between story with Paulo that hints at the next one since he still hasn’t done anything significant. I’m almost positive they’ll do it in order of the regions’ initial release (with Sinnoh being an outlier because it was used to take advantage of being in the middle of 2 Sinnoh games) so we’ll probably see Unova next.

Ignition

After spending 30 minutes on the Looker EB, I finally beat it. I hate Accuracy drops so much.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Got Steven 1/5
He is nice and I don’t have MF Lusamine so I need a good Psychic attacker .
I believe he work well with Musharuna Bianca andLucian