• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

LordSerperior

Okay so as expected nothing about the anniversary is interesting to me, maybe I'll finally reach 200k gems now. For variety's sake I hope Cynthia isn't master fair. I don't like the idea of multiple master passives being tied to a single character.

My biggest wish for anni is a Classic Elesa rerun in a non-paid banner where she isn't paired with a unit I already have.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Okay so as expected nothing about the anniversary is interesting to me, maybe I'll finally reach 200k gems now. For variety's sake I hope Cynthia isn't master fair. I don't like the idea of multiple master passives being tied to a single character.

My biggest wish for anni is a Classic Elesa rerun in a non-paid banner where she isn't paired with a unit I already have.
3 MF? dam :/

Rapiido

Well Ash is an absolutely easy skip for me. Cynthia. Eh. I have 2 Cynthias and a Lucario already. Skip. Red is the only one I might pull on, if he's Special, I do need another special Electric type other than NY Volkner.

janejane6178

They all look so boring to me
Cynthia got so many forms now and now she has 2 MF? There are soooo many characters we have zerooooooo of them in the game
Lucario is also so repetitive at this point
Why not get unique Pokemon we haven’t got like Spritzee line? The Pokemon anime and company games don’t seem to know what creativity and diversity are

Hunga

Wow... Ash is really... Underwhelming?
When he's in a pinch he gets good but you don't want a sync pair that needs to be beaten to suddenly get good.

Red is just a insane power house and the strongest electric unit we'll get in some time I assume.
Just wow on first glance.

Cynthia and Lucario are decent too! But are something I might want to skip. Red is just so strong and got the "typing that needs more love" than Cynthia with fighting.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
This is probably the best update in a long time. 15 new free units this update is insane. Ash looks fun and Cynthia looks fine enough. Will go for Ash & Archie first.

LordSerperior

As expected the actual anniversary pairs are boring af. I don't know what their kits are but can't be bothered with how uninteresting they look.

Thankfully they are doing a nice Rosa alt to give me something to pull. And I saw a banner with Classic Elesa, SS Giovanni and SS Cyrus on it. I'm hoping it's not a paid banner so I can pull. Don't have any of those and I really want Elesa and Giovanni.

Trainer lodge is possibly going to be fun. If for nothing else than definitely those alts that we can get my maxing friendship. I'm focusing on Silver, May and N first.

New BP pairs are obviously welcome though would have preferred Janine to get Venomoth to not overlap with Koga. Don't know why they continue to do MC alts, should've given Mesprit to someone else but whatever. I'll exchange for Nita.

Last edited:

Yce288

Grass type FTW
So Ash's battle theme is a rock version of 123 and you complain about Cynthia too early because she's probably gonna get a swimsuit sygna suit with Milotic one day.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
Tired of Cynthia
Soooo overrated!!!! Enough
You should be tired of Charizard and Pikachu.
you have 3 Charizard and 3 Pikachu and maybe there will be 3 Lucario.
and i'm pretty sure the sygna suits are some sort of fan service so i get why Cynthia is the one to get a lot of sygna suits.

janejane6178

You should be tired of Charizard and Pikachu.
you have 3 Charizard and 3 Pikachu and maybe there will be 3 Lucario.
and i'm pretty sure the sygna suits are some sort of fan service so i get why Cynthia is the one to get a lot of sygna suits.
I am tired of all of the ones u mentioned
Kalos characters r more interesting than them

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Ash’s Tenacity is an Endurance with a guaranteed Unyielding stacked on, so Ash does have the means to stay in danger range to get going without getting taken out. And his Special Up effects apply the moment he’s in pinch range, so you can heal him back up afterward and reap the benefit, chiefly against incoming sync moves that don’t care about Endurance.

Perhaps fittingly, the three Mistys are great partners for him. On top of the Flag Bearer buffs helping both of them offensively, they share two theme skills, and she can supply defensive buffs for him to ease him into low health range without proccing Endurance early, and other buffs so he doesn’t have to commit sync grid space for On the Run or Shake Off if you want. Between vanilla Misty supplying Evasion and SpD, Swimsty providing bulk buffs, HP healing and status healing, and Sygna Misty providing SpD and Haze and Mist support, you can tailor a Misty to suit your Ash build needs.

Dawn works here too with a no-setup full restore, but you do lose out on Flag Bearer buffs. Could run both though and get all bases covered.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Ash's and Red's EX outfits are so ugly. I'll roll for both pairs, but these are going to be the first EX pairs I keep in the default outfits.