• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Nothing there says Leon from the anime will appear in Masters.
I more see it like riding on the Ash vs Leon train. Similar to Ash vs Cynthia now.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I more see it like riding on the Ash vs Leon train. Similar to Ash vs Cynthia now.
Yeah I got where you’re coming from. Just having something coincide with the anime like Ash’s JN Pokémon being distributed in SwSh rn. Doesn’t mean Masters will get the anime Leon

Yce288

Grass type FTW
No, masters isn't even the most popular mobile Pokémon game and I don't think it will ever come close to the main series' popularity. It's a very simplistic game which is clearly designed to be a casual side game. It doesn't have much depth to its gameplay or story telling. Also the percentage of Pokémon fans that care about the characters from the games is not that big as the main selling point has always been collecting Pokémon.
Pokemon Go came out before Masters EX so i get why, but maybe in 3 more years, things will change, but i get your point about Masters EX not being able to be more popular than the core series games.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Pokemon Go came out before Masters EX so i get why, but maybe in 3 more years, things will change, but i get your point about Masters EX not being able to be more popular than the core series games.
Its very nice tbh, I have more hours spent on it than many core games lol

LordSerperior

Pokémon Go has been popular since launch though. The biggest appeal of the Pokémon franchise to a casual audience is catching and collecting Pokémon which Pokémon Go does.

Masters appeals more to invested fans who know or care about the human characters. It certainly has grown in popularity and I'd like it to grow more but it won't be able to compete with Go either. I'd just like it to be popular enough that the game's alt costumes make their way into other media. A SS Kris and Suicune card would make me so happy.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
Pokémon Go has been popular since launch though. The biggest appeal of the Pokémon franchise to a casual audience is catching and collecting Pokémon which Pokémon Go does.

Masters appeals more to invested fans who know or care about the human characters. It certainly has grown in popularity and I'd like it to grow more but it won't be able to compete with Go either. I'd just like it to be popular enough that the game's alt costumes make their way into other media. A SS Kris and Suicune card would make me so happy.
To this day i dont why Kris was replaced by Lyra in HGSS.

Heekful

Fun fact that will make @janejane6178 happy : The only time Pokemon Masters EX beat Pokemon GO in the charts (in Japan) was when Sygna Suit Serena released (I don’t have the data of this anni yet maybe Red Ash and Cynthia did it too , wouldn’t surprise me) but yeah overall Pokemon GO is way more popular which is a shame because Masters really gives more lore to a lot of interesting characters we rarely see outside of their respective games… but casual players are a way wider audience, can’t really compete with that.

The interim results for the Battle Beats are here:

No idea how the Subway Brothers ranked that high.

Oh I voted for Battle decisive Steven and it’s in the top 10 ! I hope it stays that way.

I recently got all the Master fairs currently up at the moment, made them all 3/5 thanks to candy I saved for this anni now I’m just waiting for future vilain arcs because that’s the only thing coming up that hypes me for now, they really need to raise the difficulty with Champion Stadium Hard lvl 2 or a new mode because for veteran players like me, the game is becoming a little too easy and boring.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
WELL! Adding a trainer class has pretty much drastically increased the number of trainers they can add to the game.

So be prepared for Kalos Hex Maniac.

(Poor Ryuki. An Alolan tourist class got added as playable before he did.)

Last edited:

XY&Z Legend

Just chillin
WELL! Adding a trainer class has pretty much drastically increased the number of trainers they can add to the game.

So be prepared for Kalos Hex Maniac.

(Poor Ryuki. An Alolan tourist class got added as playable
Can’t wait for them to add Hiker David and his absolutely broken Alolan Dugtrio to the mix.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
The interim results for the Battle Beats are here:

No idea how the Subway Brothers ranked that high.
I voted for the Alola trainer battle theme and its not even the top 17 while Sonia's theme is there.
by the way, the trainer battle theme got better from Unova onwards so i'm not surprised about that.
for me its:Kalos trainer battle theme>Galar trainer battle theme>USUM version of Alola trainer battle theme>Unova trainer battle theme>SM version of Alola trainer battle theme.
edit:my bad, the Unova trainer battle theme is used for normal subways battles, but the Champion battle theme is used for Emmet and Ingo and in Masters EX The Battle Subway theme is used for them.

Last edited:

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
I loved how everyone went into panic mode when they heard Leon was acting as a tour guide.

LordSerperior

Got very lucky with Rosa and pulled her on my second multi. That leaves me with at least 4 pities for halloween and a potential VA next month (apparently mentioned in the famitsu interview which I can't find translations for).