• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

LordSerperior

Ehh, on the lower difficulties I'm fine, but I could use the type advantage on Ultra Hard. I'm also not exactly cruising through it on Super Hard without it.
Really? Are your pairs max leveled with grids? If you have regular Ethan and Lyra, they can clear the stage very easily. Eruption destroys the stage after Lyra sets up the sun. Falkner as the third can allow Ethan to spam Eruption without worrying about buffing himself. SS Morty as the third makes it even easier as he can set up the sun turn 1. Silver is a free EX striker that can clear the stage but needs a support to max out his multipliers, you could even use off-region supports for that.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
How is Glacia now ?

Heekful

How is Glacia now ?

I 6EXed her today and she’s alright, she can now buff crit (slowly but still) , tank a bit better due to Endurance , Healthy Buffer and the free HPs nodes on her grid but it’s not anything crazy either, 6EXing her is good because she gets Synchro Healing but that’s it.

Overall , she can tank physical hits a bit , slowly buff crit and a bit of SpA while providing a bit of heals, she also tank better in hail teams.

Since there’s no Ice weak stage to test her in Master mode alongside BP Candice , I tried with Archie/May and PalSerena/SS Wally and she did fine. Useful if you need her in Gauntlet for long runs.

janejane6178

I 6EXed her today and she’s alright, she can now buff crit (slowly but still) , tank a bit better due to Endurance , Healthy Buffer and the free HPs nodes on her grid but it’s not anything crazy either, 6EXing her is good because she gets Synchro Healing but that’s it.

Overall , she can tank physical hits a bit , slowly buff crit and a bit of SpA while providing a bit of heals, she also tank better in hail teams.

Since there’s no Ice weak stage to test her in Master mode alongside BP Candice , I tried with Archie/May and PalSerena/SS Wally and she did fine. Useful if you need her in Gauntlet for long runs.
Thank you
You are wonderful as always

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Really? Are your pairs max leveled with grids? If you have regular Ethan and Lyra, they can clear the stage very easily. Eruption destroys the stage after Lyra sets up the sun. Falkner as the third can allow Ethan to spam Eruption without worrying about buffing himself. SS Morty as the third makes it even easier as he can set up the sun turn 1. Silver is a free EX striker that can clear the stage but needs a support to max out his multipliers, you could even use off-region supports for that.

My regulars are, but Ethan and Lyra are not (I would prefer not to use them if necessary, just don't like them enough). I just click "Optimize" and roll with whoever they recommend, can't remember who that is right now. I do have SS Morty, he might've been one, but not paired with a Fire or Grass type to set up sun (I mainly end up using him for Move Gauge acceleration and healing).

Either way though, you really shouldn't have to come up with some 180 IQ strategy to get around an obvious game design issue. The option to take advantage of its weakness with a Johto sync pair should be there for more casual players. IDK why I'm getting so much pushback on this notion.

LordSerperior

My regulars are, but Ethan and Lyra are not (I would prefer not to use them if necessary, just don't like them enough). I just click "Optimize" and roll with whoever they recommend, can't remember who that is right now. I do have SS Morty, he might've been one, but not paired with a Fire or Grass type to set up sun (I mainly end up using him for Move Gauge acceleration and healing).

Either way though, you really shouldn't have to come up with some 180 IQ strategy to get around an obvious game design issue. The option to take advantage of its weakness with a Johto sync pair should be there for more casual players. IDK why I'm getting so much pushback on this notion.
You're not getting pushback? I am not opposed to the idea of an electric Johto sync pair or even refer to that anywhere in my response? I really like Johto characters so I would very happily take any new alts even if they are useless. I was merely giving suggestions because you mentioned you were struggling with the stage even at Super Hard that you are free to ignore.

Anyway, the daily stages do not require any elaborate strategies and can be beaten with many teams. In fact using type advantage is not even the easiest/quickest way to beat the regional battles that do have type advantages to take advantage of. Optimise almost always suggests terrible teams, it doesn't even get the order of tanking right.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
The new pairs seem interesting to tell the least:D

Hugh with Bouffalant and not Unfeazant is a nice touch:) Eeleektorss would also be nice
Victini and Genesect Pairs are great. I believe normally Hilbert would have Keldeo but it was given to Diantha. Genesect and Colress seem like a perfect match.
Eeveelutions seem random as hell. I would understand Chris with Vaporeon and giving Ethan and Lyra Jolteon and Flareon to go with the Ho-oh rebirth of those 3 into Legendary Beasts
N with Kyurem Black is nice but maybe Nate and Rosa with both Kyurem forms would be better

Unova got a lot of well-deserved love here:)

janejane6178

The new pairs seem interesting to tell the least:D

Hugh with Bouffalant and not Unfeazant is a nice touch:) Eeleektorss would also be nice
Victini and Genesect Pairs are great. I believe normally Hilbert would have Keldeo but it was given to Diantha. Genesect and Colress seem like a perfect match.
Eeveelutions seem random as hell. I would understand Chris with Vaporeon and giving Ethan and Lyra Jolteon and Flareon to go with the Ho-oh rebirth of those 3 into Legendary Beasts
N with Kyurem Black is nice but maybe Nate and Rosa with both Kyurem forms would be better

Unova got a lot of well-deserved love here:)
Will Kalos will ever get anything ?…..
Anyway, who r the Mf?

LordSerperior

Unova VA as strong as expected, I'm glad I held on to my gems. Definitely going for Hilda, Hilbert and N. Hugh will spook me off-banner later hopefully. Surprised that they completely excluded Rosa and Nate. I mean Rosa did get a new alt just recently but Nate could have used something.

Roxie grid finally and she gets Inertia, Virulent Toxin and Ramming Speed which is good enough for me. Would have liked an EX to go along with it. Cheren is going on my EX list although I haven't seen his grid yet. And Kris gets a much needed grid expansion which makes me really happy.

Haven't seen most of the kits or grids yet but this is a really exciting update for me.

Congratulations to Bolt for his wish coming true, we're getting Kris and Jolteon as an electric Johto pair although I don't know what she does atm. I really like both Kris and Jolteon but definitely can't justify spending on that banner when there's better banners to spend on.

Edit:
The Eevee day pairs are actually pretty good. Expected them to be BP/Lodge pair levels (which also are pretty good for f2p) but they're even better. Lyra and Kris in particular seem great.

Cheren's grid is pretty lackluster but there wasn't much that could have been done to improve it. A Cheren alt to fix that would be great. N has a weird kit, will be awkward to use. Kris and Feraligatr got some really good multipliers, vastly improved her sync nuke.

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Happy to see Hilda & Victini. Never been a fan of the way the B2W2 protagonists looked so was hoping they wouldn't get my favorite Mythical. Hilbert and Genesect look fun as well. Will prioritize Hilda and hopefully get Hilbert.
Hugh and Colress have great themes so glad to see they’re spotlights so I can eventually EX them. Don’t know why we needed another recoil Normal pair though. Master Day grids are whatever. Cheren was such a let down but then again I doubt they’d be able to do much with his dated kit. Eeveelutions pairs are ok but why make them limited and with no EX during a VA month. Kris and Lysandre got good buffs. Might EX them in the future. SS N looks interesting but I’m content with getting him later

LordSerperior

I'm thinking I might try for Iris if I get really lucky with both Hilda and Hilbert. I just really want to go all out with Roxie and her new grid in poison zone but the smarter thing to do is probably save since we'll almost certainly get a lot of limited pairs at the end of the year.

Maybe Nate and Rosa will get something during the second half of the Unova Arc? Would be weird if they were left out (more so when Hugh is with the original BW trainers).
Both parts of the VA are included in the datamine, the second half comes with N, Colress and Hugh. They might pull a Wally with Nate and give him an SS separately. Rosa just had an alt so she can wait for hers.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I'm thinking I might try for Iris if I get really lucky with both Hilda and Hilbert. I just really want to go all out with Roxie and her new grid in poison zone but the smarter thing to do is probably save since we'll almost certainly get a lot of limited pairs at the end of the year.

Both parts of the VA are included in the datamine, the second half comes with N, Colress and Hugh. They might pull a Wally with Nate and give him an SS separately. Rosa just had an alt so she can wait for hers.
You just reminded me what a wasted opportunity Wally and Jirachi were...

Maybe Nate, Rosa, Bianca and Cherem will get Forces of Nature (including Enamorus?)

XY&Z Legend

Just chillin
Quite a good month of units to make a living out of Unova. Hopefully, I should get at least one copy of each PokeFair unit, especially Hilbert & Genesect. I'm guessing that leaves only Meleotta up for grabs, unless they're saving her for the New Years celebration.

Although they are very fine units, I can't help but feel bothered by DeNA's decisions on characters. Of all the Spotlight Units that we expect to appear, why Colress? For all the trouble to get a massively hyped character for years to finally appear in Pokemon Masters, you would think the producers give Colress some special treatment by pairing him with a legendary like Genesect. Instead, they stuck the poor guy with a Klinklang, slapped him with a decent moveset and called it a day. If you compare his worth to some PokeFair Units like the Subway Bros, of all people, does he deserve to be treated better like any other popular character before him? Who in their spiteful mind thought this was a good decision to have him shafted like this?

On a positive note, I'm glad that he's finally playable and I can't wait to try him out once he's scouted. At least it makes everyone happy to not have to wait for months to earn him, unlike Seasonals, PokeFairs or MasterFairs. We have another Steel nuke to play around, alongside Alolan Grimsley. There's always a chance for Colress to get better toys someday since we also have Alola's VA to look forward to. Beggars can't be choosers, so to speak.

Last edited:

janejane6178

Quite a good month of units to make a living out of Unova. Hopefully, I should get at least one copy of each PokeFair unit, especially Hilbert & Genesect. I'm guessing that leaves only Meleotta up for grabs, unless they're saving her for the New Years celebration.

Although they are very fine units, I can't help but feel bothered by DeNA's decisions on characters. Of all the Spotlight Units that we expect to appear, why Colress? For all the trouble to get a massively hyped character for years to finally appear in Pokemon Masters, you would think the producers give Colress some special treatment by pairing him with a legendary like Genesect. Instead, they stuck the poor guy with a Klinklang, slapped him with a decent moveset and called it a day. If you compare his worth to some PokeFair Units like the Subway Bros, of all people, does he deserve to be treated better like any other popular character before him? Who in their spiteful mind thought this was a good decision to have him shafted like this?

On a positive note, I'm glad that he's finally playable and I can't wait to try him out once he's scouted. At least it makes everyone happy to not have to wait for months to earn him, unlike Seasonals, PokeFairs or MasterFairs. We have another Steel nuke to play around, alongside Alolan Grimsley. There's always a chance for Colress to get better toys someday since we also have Alola's VA to look forward to. Beggars can't be choosers, so to speak.
Because they like to recycle the same characters over and over and over again. They don’t now the meaning of diversity and equal love

XY&Z Legend

Just chillin
Because they like to recycle the same characters over and over and over again. They don’t now the meaning of diversity and equal love
Exactly. That’s one reason why I’m not crazy about gacha games. It’s more about whatever floats the business’ boat than giving the people what they want. They always assume big names like N, Leon, or Lillie are meant to sell millions while it’s okay about treating other characters, such as Colress and Hugh, as B-List celebrities that can be dumped in the regular pool.

Just because a character gets dumped into a generic Spotlight banner doesn’t mean they’re not special. I’ll always appreciate that they’re finally in the game. I just wished those two deserve better than what they got.

janejane6178

Exactly. That’s one reason why I’m not crazy about gacha games. It’s more about whatever floats the business’ boat than giving the people what they want. They always assume big names like N, Leon, or Lillie are meant to sell millions while it’s okay about treating other characters, such as Colress and Hugh, as B-List celebrities that can be dumped in the regular pool.

Just because a character gets dumped into a generic Spotlight banner doesn’t mean they’re not special. I’ll always appreciate that they’re finally in the game. I just wished those two deserve better than what they got.
Why do they like that Hilda so much? Such a bland looking character that didn’t even appear in the anime
Even Serena and Dawn got less alts than her.

sutellakiara

Shirona, my beloved...

While I won't say that popular characters getting preferential treatment is not a common occurrence, a lot of other gacha tend to give unpopular character the spotlight and seasonals and alts quite frequently.
More than once I've seen a literally who character no one particularly likes or cares about getting a story role or an alt and then becoming a total hit and getting unprecedented popularity that they never before enjoyed. Sometimes even outshining the popular character who got a story role or seasonal at the same time as they did.
Of all gachas I've got knowledge of Masters is the one that leans on only guaranteed popular characters yes or yes no matter rarely if ever giving unpopular characters even a smidgen of a chance the hardest.
Even putting that aside, that Dena's very obviously extremely biased towards certain regions does not help the matter either at all.

LordSerperior

Why do you think characters in the regular pool are being treated less special? I could see a case being made when the game first came out and some of them were unusable but that is no longer the case. If anything I want as many base characters to be regular pool as possible so I have a good chance of pulling them.

As for Corless, within Unova, he's much much much less popular than the likes of Elesa, Grimsley, Caitlin, Skyla who are all regular pool or free. Outside of Unova, more popular characters like Sonia, Misty, Erika, Dawn, Lillie, Lusamine, Serena and so many more are all regular pool. Him being in the regular pool absolutely does not mean he's being treated badly or not getting what he deserves. He has a good kit and if you like him you'll be able to make good use of him which is all you really need to enjoy the game.

At the end of the day it is a gacha and they want to make money, they will continue to make alts for whoever sells and these characters are selling which is why they keep getting alts. The popular characters make the game profitable and allows it keep running which gives us the chance to see our less popular favourites.