• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
that Dena's very obviously extremely biased towards certain regions does not help the matter either at all.
THIS. Their bias is VERY noticeable and disgusting

XY&Z Legend

Just chillin
I'm actually glad he's general pool. I feel like we get way too many limited units nowadays to the point where the first couple of months this year was just limited and alts outside of Lucas.
Yes, I agree. I might have vented too much, but I understand that putting him in the general pool allows him to be available in all banners and give players an incentive to earn him without having to wait for months on him coming back in a PokeFair.

LordSerperior

Hilda imo is one of if not the best female protagonist. Immediately stands out amongst the other girls who can all feel a bit samey. She's also gotten the most unique alts (barring that weird SC version).

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I've never really picked up on Hilda being that popular, usually the most popular female MCs I've seen have been May, Dawn, Rosa, and Serena. BW1 itself has been popular but I haven't really seen a lot of hype for its protagonists aside from "OMG they're older".

Really though, I don't care about who gets alts as long as the type diversity is covered. Issues such as the lack of a Johto Electric sync pair until Kris & Jolteon matter to me much more than seeing Kris get a sufficient amount of alts.

LordSerperior

Popularity changes all the time depending on how they're being promoted. I remember Rosa and Nate were very unpopular back when BW2 came out because they were seen as downgrades from Hilda and Hilbert. I would say Rosa's popularity increased around the time Masters was announced as she was heavily featured in the game's promotion and sort of became the mascot for it.

The protagonists have pretty much never been popular fight after the game comes out as they are blank slates and get overshadowed by other characters with flashier personalities and designs. Their popularity almost always comes from other media/merchandise or even fan imaginations like Scottish Gloria.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
I wish Colress had gotten Genesect, it really seemed like his type. Sadly, he's stuck as an underwhelming spotlight scout.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I've never really picked up on Hilda being that popular, usually the most popular female MCs I've seen have been May, Dawn, Rosa, and Serena. BW1 itself has been popular but I haven't really seen a lot of hype for its protagonists aside from "OMG they're older".

Really though, I don't care about who gets alts as long as the type diversity is covered. Issues such as the lack of a Johto Electric sync pair until Kris & Jolteon matter to me much more than seeing Kris get a sufficient amount of alts.
It's hard to say how popular they are against the rest of the franchise as they haven't done any mass polls for the characters like they do the Pokemon. The only polls we really get for the protagonists are the Nintendo Dream polls or the like where they're against the rest of the characters of their region, and in that case they did pretty well with both scoring in the Top 10 behind the obvious suspects like N, Elesa, and the Subway Twins. Interestingly enough, in that poll Hilbert was more popular than Hilda, which is probably why he got an alt first before she did.

Anecdotally, Hilbert to his credit tends to be one of the more liked male protagonists from what I've seen, generally being behind Red, Ethan, and maybe Brendan whenever the topic pops up. Hilda is also pretty liked, but I'd put her behind at least May, Dawn, Serena, Rosa and maybe Gloria, with Rosa surpassing her thanks to Masters putting her in the spotlight.

I would like to see an official poll one day for Pokemon characters to see how the protagonists would fare, but characters have generally not had as much pull as the Pokemon so I doubt they'd ever do anything akin to the PotY poll for them.
Why do they like that Hilda so much? Such a bland looking character that didn’t even appear in the anime
Even Serena and Dawn got less alts than her.
Ignoring bias, Serena's going to tie Hilda once the Kalos VA drops in a couple months and I wouldn't be surprised if Dawn gets a seasonal very soon as well. It's also not like Hilda's beating them by huge numbers as she's only ahead by one, and Serena also has a Master Fair over her so it's clear that they place a lot of value on her regardless.

Heekful

Ignoring bias, Serena's going to tie Hilda once the Kalos VA drops in a couple months and I wouldn't be surprised if Dawn gets a seasonal very soon as well. It's also not like Hilda's beating them by huge numbers as she's only ahead by one, and Serena also has a Master Fair over her so it's clear that they place a lot of value on her regardless.

Yeah she has to get something during the Kalos VA (people saying we will only get a Zygarde rerun for her during Kalos VA are delusional lol) and don't forget that DeNA seems to start a trend about main characters getting eeveelutions so there's no way they won't do a future banner with Serena and Sylveon (and Red & Espeon I hope) they know how popular this pairing is.

So yeah @janejane6178 Serena is set to get at least two alts soon , I'm also waiting for that as all my favs characters like May , Steven etc got alts in the second part of this year except her.

Regarding the Unova VA , I will save until the next datamine because I feel like they're hiding a Masterfair for December, last year we've had SS Lusamine and SSR Cynthia during that time and seeing how DeNA got greedy recently I don't see them not throwing a MF at us before the end of the year.

LordSerperior

I think in terms of narrative it makes more sense to rerun Serena and Zygarde for Kalos VA than give her another alt. I feel like that alt was made for Kalos VA and they just released it early. I feel the same way about SS Lusamine and the Alola VA. That said a Serena alt is always likely. Serena will also be added to the lodge sooner rather than later since she and Sycamore are the most popular characters from Kalos.

LordSerperior

Seen that comparison made a couple of times and I don't see it beyond Hilbert's hair being somewhat similar, which isn't something unique to the SS.