• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Someone’s gotta get the Pokefair Greninja banner

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Volcanion is the remaining Kalos Legendary, so naturally, either Calem or Serena have to get something else...or one of them gets a Shiny/copy variant of a Legendary already in the game.

There's also the fact that Mega Audino is available as a Kalos Mega Evolution.

Heekful

Someone’s gotta get the Pokefair Greninja banner

Bold of you to assume that Greninja will be Pokefair and not Masterfair, he’s been in the games’s data since day one , it’s a very popular Pokemon (elected as the most popular Pokemon worldwide in 2020) and Kalos has only Volcanion left for their mythical/legendary Pokemon.

There’s no way the frog ends up Pokefair, Leon’s Charizard was a Masterfair so we at least know that it’s not limited to legendaries.

LordSerperior

Volcanion is probably one of the most forgettable legendries. For Kalos VA, I would expect SS Calem (with Greninja), SS Serena rerun and Malva (with Talonflame?) as a spotlight. If Shauna (with Chesnaught?) isn't added before the VA then she has a good chance of being a spotlight as well. Sycamore and Lysandre alts make sense but anything they get would be a downgrade from Xerneas and Yveltal so it wouldn't make sense in terms of story. SS Diantha with Goodra is also plausible.

Heekful

Volcanion is probably one of the most forgettable legendries. For Kalos VA, I would expect SS Calem (with Greninja), SS Serena rerun and Malva (with Talonflame?) as a spotlight. If Shauna (with Chesnaught?) isn't added before the VA then she has a good chance of being a spotlight as well. Sycamore and Lysandre alts make sense but anything they get would be a downgrade from Xerneas and Yveltal so it wouldn't make sense in terms of story. SS Diantha with Goodra is also plausible.

I like your ideas but I feel like Shauna fits better with Goodra and Diantha would fit better with Tyrantrum (Rock Zone setter maybe? since Kalos is the ONLY region to not have a Zone/Field effect setter).

Also , I'm convinced Calem will not get Greninja and this is just wishful thinking (even denial at this point) from the fandom. Serena will be the one to get Greninja, DeNA knows it would sell better, just like when May got Blaziken while some part of the fandom wanted MC's Torchic to evolve instead, I guess we will see in a few months who is right about that.

For Lysandre, Mega Gyarados (since the one with NY Lance can't mega evolve) or Hoopa-U is a nice possibility and don't forget that AZ can also appear during the Kalos Vilain arc, his Eternal Floette never made it into any games so if it was available in Masters EX it would be a huge selling point for DeNA.

LordSerperior

I like your ideas but I feel like Shauna fits better with Goodra and Diantha would fit better with Tyrantrum (Rock Zone setter maybe? since Kalos is the ONLY region to not have a Zone/Field effect setter).

Also , I'm convinced Calem will not get Greninja and this is just wishful thinking (even denial at this point) from the fandom. Serena will be the one to get Greninja, DeNA knows it would sell better, just like when May got Blaziken while some part of the fandom wanted MC's Torchic to evolve instead, I guess we will see in a few months who is right about that.

For Lysandre, Mega Gyarados (since the one with NY Lance can't mega evolve) or Hoopa-U is a nice possibility and don't forget that AZ can also appear during the Kalos Vilain arc, his Eternal Floette never made it into any games so if it was available in Masters EX it would be a huge selling point for DeNA.
I have never seen Shauna being associated with Goodra. In fact I didn't even remember she used one until this. I'm not sold on an SS Diantha happening for the VA yet but I think she's more likely to get Goodra simply because she will almost certainly be at least a Pokefair and Goodra is more pokefair worthy than any of the other Pokemon on Diantha's team.

Given precedence, it is more likely than not that Calem will get an SS for Kalos VA and I think Greninja is pretty much the only Pokemon that can allow him carry a pokefair banner. That's literally my only reason for the prediction.

I can't think of narrative reason for Lysandre to use Mega Gyarados over Yveltal but Unbound Hoopa definitely makes more sense. I would certainly like to see Eternal Floette in the game.

I don't think MC was ever likely to be the third in a Hoenn starter trio even if Torchic evolved into Blaziken. A scoutable Blaziken was gonna happen regardless and given how strong May's association with Blaziken is across all forms of Pokemon media, it was only a matter of time. Which leaves me curious on how they'll handle the Alola VA after royally messing up by giving Solgaleo to MC.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Kalos is interesting as it doesn't have many obvious options like Unova did. For popular/important characters you have Serena, Calem, Sycamore, Diantha, Lysandre, and AZ with the rivals still missing while with the Pokemon it's just Volcanion and Hoopa UB for legendaries and Greninja, Goodra, and Noivern for popular Pokemon. With her VA saying Shauna is coming I think they'll pull a Hugh or Looker with her and have her as a Spotlight while Serena, Calem, Sycamore, Diantha and maybe Lysandre are the Pokefairs/Master Fairs.

In terms of who gets what, Greninja is popular enough that it'd carry anyone who has it so either Serena or Calem could get it and I personally would give the nod to Calem. Volcanion isn't popular, but the right gimmick could still make it sellable with the right character so either Sycamore or Lysandre could get it. Goodra would probably go to Diantha as I don't think they'd put a popular Pokemon with Shauna and they'll instead give her Chesnaught. Serena could get something like Noivern, or a second Sylveon if they're willing to double up for her. Finally, if AZ appears he has to get his Eternal Florette as it is hugely connected to him as a character.

Hoopa Unbound is an odd case since they dropped the hint about the form with Paulo's recent interlude, but since it's been connected to Lear's I get the feeling it's going to be something we see towards the end of the VA as a whole rather than given out for Kalos. So if I'm right on that then it'll remain in their pocket until later next year.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Unova VA part 1 is out

Colress is a gem. N conveniently forgot his Zoroark at home - which is fair, it would break the whole story. But he also forgot that he could easily fly away on either dragon. Oh and conveniently, Hugh doesn't get to know about his jail buddy so he can be annoying about it in part 2.

Will we actually see the Original Dragon? IMO, probably not this VA, but if DeNA ever wants a raid boss in the future, I could see it happening.

LordSerperior

Pulled Hilda on the 6th multi but unfortunately pulled no other new units. Hopefully Hilbert comes faster.

I don't pull for meta so its always surprising to see how good some units are. Hilda destroyed 2000 points Blue today at level 80. Maxing out both attack stats and crit in one turn is crazy.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Got Hilda with 5 multis. While pulling for her, even managed to get Courtney. Since I got Halloween Iris yesterday with dailies, that means now I have all zone users released so far

Funny thing about the Hilda multi is that OG Hilbert was the last one to show up there. Talk about synergy

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Pretty decent story. It's nice to see Hugh talk about anything that's not about Plasma or Purrloin even if it's just for a bit. His dynamic with N was surprisingly fun. Colress is the best part as usual. Ghetsis is boring as usual though.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I like how he brings up his good friend Hilbert as a kind trainer, not Hilda.

Though I did get her on the first Multi, I’ll probably get N since I need Ice more and Hilbert won’t be as useful to me

Heekful

I like how he brings up his good friend Hilbert as a kind trainer, not Hilda.

Though I did get her on the first Multi, I’ll probably get N since I need Ice more and Hilbert won’t be as useful to me

Kinda ironic considering Hilbert also covers Ice as well since Techno Buster becomes Ice type when it hits an Ice weakness and Hilbert literally does twice the damage SS N does since he has the rebuff mechanic (while also covering Bug , Fire , Water and Electric).

Of course if you like N more, you should pull for N but since you talked about meta, Hilbert is way more useful imo.

It’s Kyurem

I saw the leaked part 2 and I still don't get why N gets Kyurem-Black at the end... Wasn't this Kyurem belonging to Hilbert ?

Ignition

Kinda ironic considering Hilbert also covers Ice as well since Techno Buster becomes Ice type when it hits an Ice weakness and Hilbert literally does twice the damage SS N does since he has the rebuff mechanic (while also covering Bug , Fire , Water and Electric).

Of course if you like N more, you should pull for N but since you talked about meta, Hilbert is way more useful imo.

I saw the leaked part 2 and I still don't get why N gets Kyurem-Black at the end... Wasn't this Kyurem belonging to Hilbert ?
After using it to stop Ghetsis’s, he entrusts it to N.

LordSerperior

Got lucky with Hilbert and pulled him on my first multi, hopefully this luck continues on N's banner.

I imagine the Rosa extreme battle would be really annoying without Hilbert. They might have gone too far by giving them Tough Skin 7.

Left Raihan for Elesa in the lodge and she's really really picky with her super interesting topics.

Ignition

Thankful I changed my mind and pulled Anni N a minute before he went away last year. Piercing Blows really saved me so much potential aggravation. Might candy him & EX soon since my Tech list is down to like 3 characters now (4 if I’m lucky with Hilbert as well)