• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Cleared the extremes with Ash as well. Most specifically, Ash, OG Leaf and T-Red

Anyway, this banner is... Very frustrating. It's pretty much a spotlight except it is time-limited.

Like... No new suits, no EX yet they are making those 1,5% drops?

Will only do dailies until the final day and depending on what we get in December, I might do a few multis.

LordSerperior

As much as I want Kris and Jolteon, I cannot justify spending any gems on this banner. I hope it doesn't do well so they can add these to the general pool later.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Okay, after beating Violet, if they do add Paldean characters to this game I am very curious as to how they're going to add

Sada/Turo seeing as the real Sada/Turo was killed and the A.I. Sada/Turo took a one way ticket to the past/future. I'm guessing they'd add the A.I.s becuase they're who we interact with in the story and they're friendlier to us, but how are they going to explain pulling them back from the past/future? Is Celebi or Dialga just going to yeet them from their time periods because reasons? Just feels like bringing them back might cheapen SV's ending.

RafaSceptile

Well I got my 10 Win Streak with 10 Solos:

Tornadus: Ash, SSTRed, Sonia
Entei: Aaron, SSLyra, SSKris
Tapu Bulu: Blue, Clemont, Leaf, Sycamore

I still can do some solos for Entei and Tapu Bulu, but I have to start using 2vs1 for Tornadus

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Something I was thinking about was when they add characters from SV, do they go with their Scarlet or Violet uniform? This is a non-issue for most of the cast and the MCs could just have 1 each but what about Nemona and Clavell?

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Something I was thinking about was when they add characters from SV, do they go with their Scarlet or Violet uniform? This is a non-issue for most of the cast and the MCs could just have 1 each but what about Nemona and Clavell?
I'm still sad we got no Legends characters

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I'm still sad we got no Legends characters
I have a strong feeling we’ll get some form of Legends characters anytime from now to the 3.5 anniversary in March. It took Gloria a year after SwSh launched to get in and we’re reaching the 1 year anniversary of PLA soon.

LordSerperior

I don't think that's much of an issue. SwSh characters came a year after the game and even a couple of months after the Crown Tundra DLC and people still pulled on them enough for them to get multiple alts in a very short time. People are still pulling for Lillie and N years after their original games. The popular characters will sell, the less popular ones will get added to the general pool. Akari, Adaman, Irida, Volo, Cogita, Arezu and Legends Ingo are all characters that can easily carry pokefair banners imo. Also I don't expect SV characters to be added soon so there won't be any direct competition. The games character focus means it will always attract a more niche audience than the main games or even go.

XY&Z Legend

Just chillin
So it looks like Calem got the Wally treatment after all with his Shiny Greninja. Serena getting another alt makes her the second character with two Master Fair costumes, after Cynthia. I’m guessing Lillie will likely have another one when Alola VA starts.

I’m interested about Neo Champion Stadium since we haven’t got the Kalos E4 for the original game mode. Here’s hoping for Malva and Drasna for this update.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Us Here: Calem's getting Greninja.
Me: Maybe Serena.
DeNa: Por que no los dos?
Everyone: *cheers*

Well, anime!Serena's "older" look got completely trounced in the "make Serena look more womanly" department pretty good with Champion Serena.

I'm going after both of these two. I love their dynamic.
Neither Has Battle Bond right?

LordSerperior

Calem and Serena are both skips for me. Don't like the same Pokemon being used for pairs releasing at the same time and they have a completely unnecessary new category when they should have just been sygna suits. If Kalos is the next VA, the likelihood of Calem and Serena getting new alts for it is lower now.

I generally don't like the christmas alts but they had to make it Johto this year. Jasmine is easily the best christmas alt so far and Whitney gets her first alt so that's going to make things hard for me. I think I'll pull for Jasmine and then wait for the datamine to decide if I want Whitney, given that Lisia is getting a NY alt.

A lot of Kalos E4 Pokemon were added so I think a Kalos champion stadium is around the corner.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Christmas pairs are easy skips. I might do dailies on them but won't get crazy if I don't get to pull them.

Jasmine seems fine as a pairing to make Ash and T-Red even more overkill though.

Calem and Serena are must-pulls on day one. Good thing I've gotten over 140k saved

Anyway, no Ash-Greninja form makes sense given the current events. But given Calem's and Serena's roles, it does have an opening to add Ash and his Greninja as a strike pairing thus we could get a mono Greninja team with all roles. If Charizard can, so can the frog

Either way, now I'm really curious what on Earth they are planning for Kalos VA...

Like... They've done nearly all legendaries already. Serena got an OP sygna. Diance's taken already (even if a shiny form can be used). Hoopa is associated with Lear in this particular game... All that's left is Volcanion and, reaching, Magearna (it is featured on XY's final movie). Previous/later gen mythicals are possible but it does eat a slot for a character of that region.

Yet, the Kalos MCs are done already (5th Serena alt and 3rd Calem alt not standing).

Unless they want to give us Diantha and Sycamore alts for the events?

Darn, now Ash's in the game, there's so much alts I want him to get lol

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
The Johto, Sinnoh, Hoenn, and Unova segments of the VA gave an alt to a character who would then go and get their own Decisive Battle remix of a theme of theirs. Giovanni, Cynthia, Steven, and N. It's been a consistent trend.

Going by that logic, a Diantha alt is inevitable, and we'll get a Decisive Battle remix of her theme to go with it. Lysandre would also fall in line with that.