• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Why no
Calem and Volcanion

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
If they do a Paldean VA, it's probably going to center around Sada/Turo, not Penny. They'd probably reference Team Star, but I doubt the plot would focus on them. You could probably say the same for the Galar VA really. Piers and Team Yell are probably not going to be the villains, that would more likely be Rose, Oleana, and Macro Cosmos.
Team Yell was only the truly "evil" team that wasn't really evil but rather just a nuisance. However, you can see Rose in the lineup, since he is a villain.

There's also the fact Guzma is in the lineup, even if he has reformed, so...something's up.

LordSerperior

NY seasonal continue to be top tier designs. This is the best Dawn has ever looked but I don't like the character enough to pull. Lisia on the other hand was well worth the wait. Definite pull even though I have more than enough fairy type DPS units.

Kalos VA don't care for much but finally Sycamore EX. Would like if he can get some form of crit buffs in the expanded grid. The best part of the VA is Emma. Probably my favourite character from Kalos so hoping to see her get added to the general pool. Shauna being a general pool Kalos support is also welcome given the complete lack of Kalos supports.

Surprisingly none of the flare girls or Xerosic were added. It is possible they'd be added for part 2 but this is a first for the VAs.

Bede is rerunning and I would like to pull but I think it might be a better idea to wait for his run at the monthly lodge special banners since that'll have other pokefairs as well. The more important decision is whether to pull Jasmine and Whitney and so far I'm leaning towards not.

Not sure what units to expect from part 2 of Kalos VA. I'm expecting a Serena rerun but probably no new alts for either Serena or Calem. Malva, Trevor, Tierno, Emma and AZ are all possibilities. Not expecting Eternal Floette though, I doubt they'd debut a previously unobtainable Pokémon through this game.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
NY seasonal continue to be top tier designs. This is the best Dawn has ever looked but I don't like the character enough to pull. Lisia on the other hand was well worth the wait. Definite pull even though I have more than enough fairy type DPS units.

Kalos VA don't care for much but finally Sycamore EX. Would like if he can get some form of crit buffs in the expanded grid. The best part of the VA is Emma. Probably my favourite character from Kalos so hoping to see her get added to the general pool. Shauna being a general pool Kalos support is also welcome given the complete lack of Kalos supports.

Surprisingly none of the flare girls or Xerosic were added. It is possible they'd be added for part 2 but this is a first for the VAs.

Bede is rerunning and I would like to pull but I think it might be a better idea to wait for his run at the monthly lodge special banners since that'll have other pokefairs as well. The more important decision is whether to pull Jasmine and Whitney and so far I'm leaning towards not.

Not sure what units to expect from part 2 of Kalos VA. I'm expecting a Serena rerun but probably no new alts for either Serena or Calem. Malva, Trevor, Tierno, Emma and AZ are all possibilities. Not expecting Eternal Floette though, I doubt they'd debut a previously unobtainable Pokémon through this game.
I can see Calem with the final Kalos Mythical since Serena Has a Zygarde alt. It would be nice to get some more Megas.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter

Emma seems like a sure bet, she's got a full range of motions and a battle theme in the files. Lysandre would seem like an obvious pick, but the same could be said for the Hoenn bosses and Ghetsis. Maybe Sycamore can take his place instead with the bacon bird and master life and death like how N effectively has all the Tao dragons including two Zekroms? Maybe a Looker alt to go with Emma?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Shauna with Chesnaught was expected but still dissapointing. My favorite line wasted on a character I dislike. Easy skip.

Honestly, from this datamine, only Dawn for me and mostly because I'm collecting MCs. Dissapointed with the pokémon choice, to be honest. I'd rather she and Lisia switch so we have Dawn for every role but oh, well

Diantha, I'll do dailies. Kukui with flinching from grid makes a mono rock team on CS more viable so not much of a rush getting her

Overall, it's a month that will be good to build up gems for half anni on February

@Spider-Phoenix Oh LOOK!

I see a Chesnaught!..... With Shauna...

Skipping.

Chesnaught is the final evolution of my favorite pokémon, but I dislike Shauna enough to not spend anything on her.

For the record, I'll do the same if Cinderace ends up in the dirty hands of Hop or Leon

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I'm very, very excited for Emma. She's to me the only character who redeemed Kalos for an awful and weird story that didn't use AZ enough. If AZ comes, he's going to get a lot of development.

Shauna is interesting. I wonder what she can do to expand on her character.

And if Tierno becomes playable, give the kid a Ludicolo. They were made for each other (next to Miror B., and now just mentioning him makes me want him in here).

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
While the game introduced a lot of confusing things like orb ball things I don't know that need caveperson explanations, I will always fondly remember in the beginning days where the MC tried to beat a Krookodile with their weak Pikachu!

MC: *Tries to fight Lear's Krookodile with a Pikachu*

Lear: *Easily wins*

MC: This went much differently than what I had in mind

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
The only good part of January seems to be Sycamore EX. Aside from that, Kalos continues to be garbage.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Kalos needs the limelight in this game to fix its shortcomings. I wonder if an assumed Z version could have fixed the game's story and characters.

Still remember here that between Sycamore's Lab and Shalour City, the team was all just "Mega Evolution?" the entire time + Shauna shipping fuel.

XY&Z Legend

Just chillin
Emma seems like a sure bet, she's got a full range of motions and a battle theme in the files. Lysandre would seem like an obvious pick, but the same could be said for the Hoenn bosses and Ghetsis. Maybe Sycamore can take his place instead with the bacon bird and master life and death like how N effectively has all the Tao dragons including two Zekroms? Maybe a Looker alt to go with Emma?
Emma could make a good Psychic support unit for Kalos and her Espurr pairs up nicely with Calem or Serena. Aside from Malva for Kalos VA part 2, Drasna doesn’t get as much attention as the rest of the Kalos gang. Granted, she’s not involved with Team Flare’s activities, she’s the only Kalos E4 member who’s currently missing from the lineup. Masters needs a Poison or Dragon Support unit added to the General Pool, which her Dragalge or Noivern should fit the bill.

As for a Looker alt, it would be difficult to think of a pokemon that could be beneficial for Kalos or to Emma. Electric support Boltund could work for his Sygna Suit, but I assumed it could be released when Anabel & Raikou appear in Alola’s VA.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
There's a Survey.

300gems if you complete it (its january though)

Go breath life into Pokemon Masters EX! :D

Answering the Trainer Lodge questions was satisfying. Hard to give "candid thoughts" but I've tried to be as civil as possible.

In the final question, I've asked the usual "evo + grid + EX" for Torchic

Other than that, mostly asked for more colabs. Namely Ash alts (Greninja and Incineroar) and Goh's and Yellow's inclusion. And alts for Nate too!

And, of course, a better trainer for Chesnaught.

LordSerperior

I mostly just focused on asking for more characters, particularly minor ones like Anthea and Concordia and alts for less popular character. Also asked for them to add more trainers to the lodge per month. I don't want to wait 3 years before Roxie finally gets added.

ailehunter

I mostly just focused on asking for more characters, particularly minor ones like Anthea and Concordia and alts for less popular character. Also asked for them to add more trainers to the lodge per month. I don't want to wait 3 years before Roxie finally gets added.
I actually did that too, since if they doing the pipeline any better, chances are they're getting in the game.
So i catered my list for the people who probably dont have a chance.

Ydokmgi.jpg

Last edited: