• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Masters Discussion Thread

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
To be honest, this game is veeeeeeeeery open about using whatever Sync Pair you want to use to clear a mode.

...The thing is, the game also likes limiting everything behind by exploiting region/themes to make any off-choice a liability losing stat bonuses so there's not much freedom.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Unless they are Legendary Adventures units, F2P units are undeniably outclassed by gacha pairs and as a result their utility is niche when they can be easily replaced by someone else. It doesn't help that now Lodge Units are another source of accessible but modern sync pairs that also generally outclass those units.
New players aren't going to have every pair and especially having their full grids unless they're whales. It is also useful for EBs and theme missions which are way more prominent that Gauntlet. Also most people aren't playing for meta and there are quite a lot of characters so odds are someone has a favorite in that pool.
As a result, the grids are generally oriented to LG utility,
Again, I ask for a source.
which is why the grids generally try to do a couple of stuff that can be useful in most of those stages
Most of that is applicable to all thr content in the game. Only thing that's really focused on in Gauntlet is Synchro Healing and that's not the focal point of any character.
But is highly biased when you don't play one of the game modes that actually gives to the grid many value.
You're just as biased for playing it lol. If this game was just Gauntlet, then you'd have a point but it's more than that. Hence why a lot of people have different tier lists depending on the game mode.

RafaSceptile

New players aren't going to have every pair and especially having their full grids unless they're whales. It is also useful for EBs and theme missions which are way more prominent that Gauntlet. Also most people aren't playing for meta and there are quite a lot of characters so odds are someone has a favorite in that pool.
Most game modes with their difficulty were not supposed to deal with the current power level of new units. Due to this constant powercreep, a new player can just be at the level of old players relatively soon. Furthermore, Torchic is one of the best early accessible sync pairs.

As @AuraChannelerChris mentioned, you have to pray those units gets the respective bonus in EBs to be useful.

Meta is not something that exists in Pokémon Masters EX because there is not PvP, you just value utility without really comparing to other, which is why sync pairs like Torchic still stays relevant. You have to be DoA like Striker Rapidash to be useless.

Again, I ask for a source.
I mentioned the reasons, and the same applies to eggmons.

Most of that is applicable to all thr content in the game. Only thing that's really focused on in Gauntlet is Synchro Healing and that's not the focal point of any character.
Not really? Burn is quite not good without a unit that abuses it and generally those units can apply it by themselves like Leon or SSLysandre.
You're just as biased for playing it lol. If this game was just Gauntlet, then you'd have a point but it's more than that. Hence why a lot of people have different tier lists depending on the game mode
In reality people and some of the main resources like GamePress or Spark's Tier List just have one tier list that gives its respective value to those game modes and several F2P units have stayed in good positions due to its utility in Gauntlet. Only Eggmons have a different tier list.

Oh, and I laugh whenever bringing Serena into a battle that seemingly lets her spam Hypnosis has a hidden status ailment shield for the foe to use the moment sleep is induced.
Blame Sygna Suit Lyra because her 100% flinch started this trend. At least Serena is still very good for Champion Stadium and can solo 3 LA stages and make way easier another 2 or 3 so she still stays relevant?

Ignition

Most game modes with their difficulty were not supposed to deal with the current power level of new units. Due to this constant powercreep, a new player can just be at the level of old players relatively soon. Furthermore, Torchic is one of the best early accessible sync pairs.
And one of the best ways is to have a character with their full grid accessible which the 3/4*s do.
As @AuraChannelerChris mentioned, you have to pray those units gets the respective bonus in EBs to be useful.
They're region based 9/10 and each region had at least a few decent units with their grids.
Meta is not something that exists in Pokémon Masters EX because there is not PvP,
you just value utility without really comparing to other,
You dont need to have pvp to have meta. You're literally comparing them right now.
which is why sync pairs like Torchic still stays relevant. You have to be DoA like Striker Rapidash to be useless.
Torchic hasn't been relevant in a long time outside of Gauntlet filler.
I mentioned the reasons, and the same applies to eggmons.
That's not a source. That's what you feel they're most useful for.
Not really? Burn is quite not good without a unit that abuses it and generally those units can apply it by themselves like Leon or SSLysandre.
Fire is one of the most common and powerful types with most having some benefit from burn. Status is only bad when stages have inherent resistance.
In reality people and some of the main resources like GamePress or Spark's Tier List just have one tier list that gives its respective value to those game modes and several F2P units have stayed in good positions due to its utility in Gauntlet. Only Eggmons have a different tier list.
No, Eggmons aren't the only ones. Even then people don't just say "X is good just because they're good for Gauntlet!". The most popular YTer for it lists pros and cons for all game modes.

Regardless, I'm finished with this conversation in this thread. You're free to value Gauntlet to weigh how good a unit is just as much as someone can find it meh for not caring about the mode. You're also free to carry this elsewhere but I'm not derailing this thread anymore.

LordSerperior

Well to appease the "LG enthusiasts", Torchic has one other node that has a niche use for a very small minority of the playerbase. Does not change the fact that it is a disappointing grid.

Other units that might have similarly outclassed grids are helped by the fact that they have regional and other theme skills that can make them useful for certain restrictive battles. Torchic does not. But very happy to see that grid appeals to someone enough to go on a tirade about it's "utility".

RafaSceptile

And one of the best ways is to have a character with their full grid accessible which the 3/4*s do.
Yes, but in the current state of the game it is way easier for a new player to not stay behind old players.
They're region based 9/10 and each region had at least a few decent units with their grids.
Yes, but having to wait until you get the respective bonus is why it is generally a low priority when people consider it as part of a ranking criteria.
Torchic hasn't been relevant in a long time outside of Gauntlet filler.
The fact that most game modes have outdated difficulty makes it stay relevant because you legitimatelly can use him. It doesn't even need to be paired with modern units, the old SSRed Blaine Torchic team can make CS a joke. Torchic has always stayed as a gauge battery that happens to have crit buffs as well, which are 2 of the most required stuff for F2P supports.
That's not a source. That's what you feel they're most useful for.
Those units are in a similar situation than eggmons with some outliers like Agatha, so they generally are considered for most players Gauntlet units. And there are A LOT of those sync pairs.

Fire is one of the most common and powerful types with most having some benefit from burn. Status is only bad when stages have inherent resistance.
While Fire is one of the strongest types, most fire sync pairs does not get Fire Multipliers, and those who does generally can inflict burn.
No, Eggmons aren't the only ones. Even then people don't just say "X is good just because they're good for Gauntlet!". The most popular YTer for it lists pros and cons for all game modes.
Yes, and Legendary Gauntlet is the second most important in such criteria, which makes the utility a sync pair can offer in that mode an important aspect to consider for the overall utility of a unit.

Well to appease the "LG enthusiasts", Torchic has one other node that has a niche use for a very small minority of the playerbase. Does not change the fact that it is a disappointing grid.

Other units that might have similarly outclassed grids are helped by the fact that they have regional and other theme skills that can make them useful for certain restrictive battles. Torchic does not. But very happy to see that grid appeals to someone enough to go on a tirade about it's "utility".
It certainly changes it, because the utility it can offer makes it not a dissapointed grid, and is utility that is not restricted to Legendary Gauntlet.

LordSerperior

The scout tickets were meh for me, no new 5 stars. The only ones I was missing from the champion ticket were Cynthia and Diantha. Don't really care for either but got Cynthia for the lodge.

Got Iris in the champion free scout, and chose Diantha
Is Iris useful?
Depends on your playstyle. She's a very good debuffer and also has one of the strongest sync nukes (at least was a while back, I don't keep up with the "meta"). I use her quite a lot, primarily to debuff.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
The scout tickets were meh for me, no new 5 stars. The only ones I was missing from the champion ticket were Cynthia and Diantha. Don't really care for either but got Cynthia for the lodge.

Depends on your playstyle. She's a very good debuffer and also has one of the strongest sync nukes (at least was a while back, I don't keep up with the "meta"). I use her quite a lot, primarily to debuff.
To rebuff attack and so attack?

Ignition

Chose Diantha because my best Fairy DPS is Mina lol. As for the 100 pulls, the only really highlight was 2/5 Looker.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Doesn't Hop becoming a champion go against his character development.

Also, if they REALLY wanted to get interest into the game, they should have promoted you-know-who from the datamine.

EDIT:

The 10-scout tickets gave me a few extra *5 tickets and Looker, who I didn't have.

And the Champion ticket gave me low level dupes, but I redeemed Champion Iris since she was the only one I didn't have...

Oh my Arceus, I have all the (normal) Champions now.

Last edited:

LordSerperior

Marnie continues the tradition of me having terrible luck with master fairs. Sixth master fair overall and the third I had to pity. Really hoping I can get Bede in under 5 multis, need to save as many gems as possible for Alola. Pulled Gordie, Colress and Lucian along the way so some new pairs there. Selene and Masked Royal still elude me despite being ancient at this point.