• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon - Mewtwo Form - UNCONFIRMED + Dream World Catalogue

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Quite frankly, from what can be seen about this supposed new form, it looks fugly. I have several reasons to believe this is fake:
1. Why would they give a new form to a Pokemon from the First Generation?
2. Why would they release a new form at the end of the Fifth Generation?
3. If you look, the second "scan" is a half printed out sheet. Why would that happen with any sort of official material?

Personally, I believe that this is a fake, and a rather poorly done one at that. If, however, it does end up being real (I have been wrong before about these things), I suppose I can accept it. Remember everyone: accepting something is NOT the same as liking it.

Last edited:

Diogalesu

Quite frankly, from what can be seen about this supposed new form, it looks fugly. I have several reasons to believe this is fake:
1. Why would they give a new form to a Pokemon from the First Generation?
2. Why would they release a new form at the end of the Fifth Generation?
3. If you look, the second "scan" is a half printed out sheet. Why would that happen with any sort of official material?

Personally, I believe that this is a fake, and a rather poorly done one at that. If, however, it does end up being real (I have been wrong before about these things), I suppose I can accept it. Remember everyone: accepting something is NOT the same as liking it.

Quite frankly, you are right about it being fake.

It's really just a photoshop of this poster for April fools, but I guess it didn't come out in time I suppose: ( http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/561440_355332957906054_1627948408_n.jpg )

Carry on people, it's nothing new.

Wouldn't the scientists from the first movie know and would have told about Mewtwo's second form?

Dr. Classy

Only RN with a PhD

It's really just a photoshop of this poster for April fools, but I guess it didn't come out in time I suppose: ( http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/561440_355332957906054_1627948408_n.jpg )

Jeez man, pulling out the big guns already, its too late to be an april fools joke, and they used the same poster for the different forms of keldeo when his movie came out. I'm not saying its real but at least i'm not stating it as fact. Wait for serebii to give the news wether or not its real.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin

That poster is not evidence of anything. Posters have been changed for new forms countless times before. In addition to that, this isn't the exact same image but photoshopped. Location is different, the background is completely different.

It may be fake, sure, but that image is not evidence of it being fake

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Jeez man, pulling out the big guns already, its too late to be an april fools joke, and they used the same poster for the different forms of keldeo when his movie came out. I'm not saying its real but at least i'm not stating it as fact. Wait for serebii to give the news wether or not its real.

People have drawn out the April fool's prank possibility waaaaaay passed the actual day before. I'm still keeping an eye on this thing's legitimate status

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Wouldn't the scientists from the first movie know and would have told about Mewtwo's second form?

Not if Mewtwo new form is a result of a genetic mutation or a side effect of being a clone, beside the scientists died before they could test Mewtwo full power. Anyway I am currently leading toward it being a late April fool joke until proven otherwise.

Diogalesu

To be honest, whether or not it's April fools day has nothing to do with it. Things are posted in a different time zone in then they are in Japan. Even if some one in say, America stayed up all night to post that, we don't know if the creator of the image posted it out of thin air. That being said I think we're jumping ahead of ourselves calling it out as true or not.

Also I kind of want to point out even if it was posted a day later, lets not forget that whoever found it had may have not seen the day it was posted or not. All the same we should still consider this factor of it being an April fools joke.

That poster is not evidence of anything. Posters have been changed for new forms countless times before. In addition to that, this isn't the exact same image but photoshopped. Location is different, the background is completely different.

It may be fake, sure, but that image is not evidence of it being fake

You do realize that everyone has the ability to use photoshop and change the backgrounds and everything to make it seem legitimate right?

Even if the location is different, people can still make it seem convincing enough to be real. On top of that even some posters bear striking similarities together with other posters to the point it's too good to be true. I think it's fair enough evidence to knock it down still. But that's my two cents on it anyways.

Last edited:

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
You do realize that everyone has the ability to use photoshop and change the backgrounds and everything to make it seem legitimate right?

Even if the location is different, people can still make it seem convincing enough to be real. On top of that even some posters bear striking similarities together posters to the point it doesn't seem real. I think it's fair enough evidence to knock it down still. But that's my two cents on it anyways.

Yes, I do realise that. However, you need to realise that this is common place. They re-arrange and replace assets all the time

poster3.jpg
image4.jpg

It is NOT much of a stretch at all. Using that logic, we can disprove every leak, including all the legit ones, because everyone has the ability to use photoshop. It's not that indicative of it being fake, nor is it indicative of it being real

Dr. Classy

Only RN with a PhD
To be honest, whether or not it's April fools day has nothing to do with it. Things are posted in a different time zone in then they are in Japan. Even if some one in say, America stayed up all night to post that, we don't know if the creator of the image posted it out of thin air. That being said I think we're jumping ahead of ourselves calling it out as true or not.

Also I kind of want to point out even if it was posted a day later, lets not forget that whoever found it had may have not seen the day it was posted or not. All the same we should still consider this factor of it being an April fools joke.

Even if the location is different, people can still make it seem convincing enough to be real. On top of that even some posters bear striking similarities together with other posters to the point it's too good to be true. I think it's fair enough evidence to knock it down still. But that's my two cents on it anyways.

Its april 3rd, thats 2 days not one. Simple kindergarden math dude. The problem is you state it all as fact, as if there is no possibility the photos are real. I realize and respect your point of veiw, but the way you say it is just arrogant.

Last edited:

PokemonTrainerKaden

*Stares at the picture*

. . . . . I like it. Sure everyone else is gonna be pissed or hate it, but if its proven to be true I give everybody a couple of months before the accept it just like how they did when the 6th Gen starters came out. I'm sure its been awhile since people have shunned or called Chespin, Fennekin, or Froakie ugly/a rip off.

~ Miju =w=

But most people that I know loved the 6th gen starters when they came out...It was 5th gen that everyone hated on...

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
But most people that I know loved the 6th gen starters when they came out...It was 5th gen that everyone hated on...

And some referred to Chespin as a Oshawott ripoff, Fennekin as a Vulpix rip-off and Froakie as a Seismatoad. But I agree, I like all the Gen 6 starters.

And I don't see the problem about how unnecessary a Mewtwo forme really is, can't a Pokemon gain new abilities or grow up?

Dr. Classy

Only RN with a PhD
And some referred to Chespin as a Oshawott ripoff, Fennekin as a Vulpix rip-off and Froakie as a Seismatoad. But I agree, I like all the Gen 6 starters.

And I don't see the problem about how unnecessary a Mewtwo forme really is, can't a Pokemon gain new abilities or grow up?

Besides, if it is real, its not like you have to use the new form at all, it just means you can if you want to.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Besides, if it is real, its not like you have to use the new form at all, it just means you can if you want to.

Exactly. It's not like Gamefreak is forcing you to look at it either. The first Mewtwo hasn't been trashed into the dump nor it will ever be, the Mewtwo we know as a kid will still be with us and a forme doesn't change it less.

Dr. Classy

Only RN with a PhD
Exactly. It's not like Gamefreak is forcing you to look at it either. The first Mewtwo hasn't been trashed into the dump nor it will ever be, the Mewtwo we know as a kid will still be with us and a forme doesn't change it less.

Your boss, welcome to the brotherhood. Lol

Turchiple

Advanced Spriter
I don't know if the new forme is fake or not but over on the dex speculation thread there was even more proof for more than one new mewtwo form. Also the person went on the official movie website (I think) and found another picture showing Genesect and its forms underneath with Mewtwo next to it with spaces underneath it for new formes.

Pinsirius

Sentimental Fool ;)
The paper thing is going to point me towards this being real, because it seems like too much effort to print fake scans.

It's just making the different design philosophies between Gen 1 and Gen 4 onward really, really apparent. I mean, they're literally taking all the muscle from his body dumping it into a banana strand? Why? The defining point of Mewtwo's design, particularly as the generations started to pass, is tall and sleek. Simply exaggerating the way most of Gen 4's new-evolutions-of-old-Pokemon did just doesn't work. Originaltwo (Now that's a pun) will still be there, of course, but this is just superfluous.

We'll see; I'm curious what the explanation for it might be, because there's nothing in the Movie I know of that could cause it. Also the stat distribution this thing would have. You really can't raise Mewtwo's Bast Stat Total any higher, and the banana head and tiny body doesn't imply bulk.

Unless it's an overdue April Fools joke. Which would be wonderful.

I think it's sort of cool, it kinda reminds me of buu from DBZ.

Speak a the devil,

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/_...dragonball/images/f/f5/VegitoVsSuperBuuNV.png

Last edited: