• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon - Mewtwo Form - UNCONFIRMED + Dream World Catalogue

BCVM22

Like the last chap who was similarly dismayed at his world being turned upside down at this earth-shattering news, you will in fact likely get over it eventually, again assuming that it is in fact real.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Mewtwo is my second favorite Pokemon of all time, and for the first time in the Pokemon series I am really disappointed in this new form (if it is in fact real). There are some Pokemon that I don't care for, but this is the first evolution of a Pokemon that I thought looks awful. Mewtwo is such an awesome looking Pokemon and why ruin that with that terrible evolution? I'm just disappointed
(If real), How did they ruin Mewtwo? The forme is seperate from the original design, the Mewtwo we know as a child hasn't nor will be canned at all. You still have your lovely Psychic type badass, all it has is an addition to its general self (can't find the right words so don't flame me on this sentence). It's like complaining that Victreebel gets a new move that hampers it or Eevee obtaining a new evolution.
Like the last chap who was similarly dismayed at his world being turned upside down at this earth-shattering news, you will in fact likely get over it eventually, again assuming that it is in fact real.

I give them 6 months, if not then they will eventually get over it either way like you said.

-Raiga-

I'm not sure what to make out of this mewtwo form. The thing that's interesting about this is how easily it could be fake, but it actually looks quite real. Fakemon creators all over the web make mewtwo forms/mewthrees drastically overpowered with 80 cannons coming out of it tail, this one is able to hold back on features and seem like it could exist in Gen.1.

In addition, while we have few pokemon to go off of, it seems to me the designers have taken the heavy criticism on the "ridiculousness" of the Gen.5 Pokemon to heart, and are holding back and making more proportionate and logical designs, which I feel this is under.

So my point being this is either the work of a very calculating designer, or is real. Obviously my thoughts don't solve the real/fake dilemma at all, but still, I find it interesting.

Autis-misc

Abridger
I found an Artist rendition of what the full form may look like:

Ot1fy4Cl.jpg

In this perspective, it looks pretty cool.

BCVM22

it seems to me the designers have taken the heavy criticism on the "ridiculousness" of the Gen.5 Pokemon to heart, and are holding back and making more proportionate and logical designs, which I feel this is under.

No. No one capable of leveling a criticism that matters, much less a criticism that any of the designers would ever actually hear, ever called the Generation V designs "ridiculous".

Rule of thumb: if you think something - anything - was changed or otherwise affected by anything the fans did short of them not actually buying the games (which hasn't happened), remind yourself it wasn't and determine another hypothesis.

(If real), How did they ruin Mewtwo? The forme is seperate from the original design, the Mewtwo we know as a child hasn't nor will be canned at all. You still have your lovely Psychic type badass, all it has is an addition to its general self (can't find the right words so don't flame me on this sentence). It's like complaining that Victreebel gets a new move that hampers it or Eevee obtaining a new evolution.

I see what you're saying; however, if they make the new form stronger than the original Mewtwo is kind of obsolete. Why would you want to use the original if it is weaker, especially in competitive game play? It doesn't even seem that creative of a design in my personal opinion, as all they did was take the tail and put it on his head (it looks like a Majin Buu rip off). I don't know they could have gave Mewtwo a more elagent design if they were going to do it.

T.W.I.

Undercover Rocket

Ot1fy4Cl.jpg

In THAT perspective, he does look decent.

But when I see the poster, his head looks WAY too big for his body, almost chibi like. Plus I can't comprehend WHAT I see in the poster lol Is the tail connected to the head? Is it that super long thing?

Im open to a new Mewtwo form, but it should have some class. This rendition....I'm fine with.

I see what you're saying; however, if they make the new form stronger than the original Mewtwo is kind of obsolete. Why would you want to use the original if it is weaker, especially in competitive game play?

Deoxys says hi.

Last edited:

foxx

Personally i think its real and i have a theory. Now with Gen 6 hinting at chromosomes with x and y, and Mewtwo being the genetic pokemon while Deoxys is the DNA pokemon, and with fusions introduced with kyurem i think Newtwo is a fusion of Mewtwo and Deoxys. Look at its design alongside Speed Deoxys.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
Personally i think its real and i have a theory. Now with Gen 6 hinting at chromosomes with x and y, and Mewtwo being the genetic pokemon while Deoxys is the DNA pokemon, and with fusions introduced with kyurem i think Newtwo is a fusion of Mewtwo and Deoxys. Look at its design alongside Speed Deoxys.

Nah, the fusion thing will most likely be kept exclusive to Kyurem. In fact, it isn't even a proper fusion, it is just Kyurem merging again with Zekrom or Reshiram. Let's not forget that according to Drayden, the Tao Trio were originally a single Pokémon and Kyurem is nothing but what was left after the Zekrom/Reshiram split. Anyway, I don't know where this absurd idea of Mewtwo fusing with Deoxys comes from. Deoxys hasn't been mentioned for ages and the new form of Mewtwo looks nothing like any of Deoxys's forms. If anything, the new form of Mewtwo would be a fusion of the legendary clone with a lame Furret.

Cutty

Forever now

Ot1fy4Cl.jpg

His tail moved to his head? Ehh.

I dont think Mewtwo will have a fusion form either. The only legendary relates to him is Mew. Its kinda weird for them to form anything.

shadowj0

Casual Veteran
Jeez, it's MEWTHREE!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

suicuneman

Mad Hatter Trainer

Ot1fy4Cl.jpg

I wasn't sure at first, but I'm starting to really like this thing. I hope it's real, even if its head is bigger than in this picture. It'd make a great Down-B swap-out for Mewtwo in Super Smash Bros. 4.

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
Not too bad to be honest, but still nowhere near as good as the original. I still think that this whole ''new form'' is completely fake.

-Raiga-

No. No one capable of leveling a criticism that matters, much less a criticism that any of the designers would ever actually hear, ever called the Generation V designs "ridiculous".

Really? You honestly think 3 million people saying "a freaking Ice cream cone is a pokemon!" never reached any of the designers? This is not the days of R/B/Y with only 5 people designing the pokemon. B/W had around 17 designers, many of who I follow their blogs/drawr accounts as I'm a big fakemon creator, plenty of which I can assure you talk with fans all over the world.

Hell, I've seen people mention the "ridiculousness"(note that I loved 5th gen, this isn't my opinion) on Sugimori's Twitter account. This isn't the 1990's anymore, the internet and twitter are rampant. And furthermore, a better rule of thumb if you ask me, is ask yourself what a designers JOB is? To make something appealing to their audience.

(on a side note, Sugimori himself said in a online nintendo power interview with Iwata, that the designs for 5th gen were pretty edgy for his tastes. So to me, its only logical he'd want to hold back a bit)

Chaos Rush

Really? You honestly think 3 million people saying "a freaking Ice cream cone is a pokemon!" never reached any of the designers? This is not the days of R/B/Y with only 5 people designing the pokemon. B/W had around 17 designers, many of who I follow their blogs/drawr accounts as I'm a big fakemon creator, plenty of which I can assure you talk with fans all over the world.

Hell, I've seen people mention the "ridiculousness"(note that I loved 5th gen, this isn't my opinion) on Sugimori's Twitter account. This isn't the 1990's anymore, the internet and twitter are rampant. And furthermore, a better rule of thumb if you ask me, is ask yourself what a designers JOB is? To make something appealing to their audience.

(on a side note, Sugimori himself said in a online nintendo power interview with Iwata, that the designs for 5th gen were pretty edgy for his tastes. So to me, its only logical he'd want to hold back a bit)
It's kinda a shame that people are blaming Sugimori for everything, when all he does is draw the final designs that others (and possibly himself too) came up with.

Some British dude designed the ice cream cones: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/James_Turner
(but Sugimori drew the final art for it, as with all Pokemon)

BCVM22

Really? You honestly think 3 million people saying "a freaking Ice cream cone is a pokemon!" never reached any of the designers?

Never once. They don't solicit fan input, they don't receive it and nor should they on either count. And the notion that "3 million people saying "a freaking Ice cream cone is a pokemon!" is a reality or anything that matters is a flawed one, at best. One, because there was objectively nothing wrong with the Vanilluxe line and the same people crying about it were the same ones fawning over Exeggcute and Pineco and what have you, and two because of the second part of the last point - I guarantee you that no sort of majority of the target demographic actually felt the need to complain about an ice cream Pokémon. Your argument basically boils down to saying that a bunch of people whose opinions don't matter were doing complaining in a forum where not a one of their complaints will ever be heard. That doesn't really lend support to what you're trying to claim.

B/W had around 17 designers, many of who I follow their blogs/drawr accounts as I'm a big fakemon creator, plenty of which I can assure you talk with fans all over the world.

Oh, you follow them on their blogs/drawr accounts. Alright then.

Hell, I've seen people mention the "ridiculousness"(note that I loved 5th gen, this isn't my opinion) on Sugimori's Twitter account.

I can go staple a theses on why everything is awful to somebody's door. It doesn't mean they're going to read it.

And furthermore, a better rule of thumb if you ask me, is ask yourself what a designers JOB is? To make something appealing to their audience.

Sure is. Within the confines of their job as given to them by their workplace superiors. The designers take their cues from their own artistic sensibilities and training and from those above them, not from PokemonFan2112 on Pokemonforum.net. That certainly doesn't have to be mutually exclusive from creating things with appeal to the fans, but the mistake is made in assuming that the fans have any say or input on the matter.

Point was made - Sugimori doesn't design all of the critters. "Edgy for his tastes" is all well and good but it doesn't actually mean anything was or will be changed as a result.

247Rain

It's raining 24 7
mewtwoform2th.jpg

Mew2s new form I think is fake because
most new forms are more powerful and have something the other doesnt
ITS HEAD IS HUGE (Probably because it was made by a japanese person because it is a japanese rumour)
only difference is his tail is on hiss larger head and it has an arch on it
BIG HEAD
y would they change 1 of the classic legendaries it could send old fans in a frenzy