• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon - Mewtwo Form - UNCONFIRMED + Dream World Catalogue

Elnava

The Successor!
Let us assume that this isn't competitive battling, and only 1 trainer actually EV trained.

Because if it was a competitive battle, then I know that Aerodactyl could be taken down by mewtwo. Also, Mewtwo and Aerodactyl aren't in the same rank and I'm pretty sure that unless it's a wi-fi match, you can't take mewtwo into a ranked game via random battle.

So his was all built on an incredibly one sided scenario? Wow

Autis-misc

Abridger
...May I ask what the point is, then?

The only point I had was that there are Pokemon with a faster speed than mewtwo that could possibly take it down. I did not say that the strategy was flawed, or that they're was a counter for it, just that there are combos that can take it down.

I was barely discussing the new form at that point. I should probably stop before someone comes and ask us to remain on topic.

And why the hell would Mewtwo not be EV trained? Using situations that solely benefit your side of the argument doesnt help your argument. Speed tie

I never said that it had to be EV trained, I was only saying that they're are combinations that can take mewtwo down. I completely understand that my logic is somewhat flawed when it comes competitively, but by no means do I mean that any of this means Mewtwo needs a new form. I was just simply proving the point that they're are pokemon faster than mewtwo who could possibly take it down.

Besides, Mewtwo isn't allowed in Ranked games.

BCVM22

Kind of why I mentioned twitter, because I'm pretty sure that IS a place where peoples voices ARE heard.

A place where people can shout what they want as loud as they want is not automatically tantamount to a place where people's voices are heard.

If you think that individual professionals in any field are taking excessive heed of what people are saying about them on Twitter, I don't know what to tell you. Particularly when the matter isn't something that can and/or should be changed, like poor customer service or business practices. No, we're not talking about anything relevant like that - we're talking about people being mad about a Pokémon based on ice cream. Mull that over.

....This makes no sense. Somebody getting a "free dominoes pizza" door hanger is something they never signed up for, which is why its trash to them. Twitter is something they sign up for, so they CAN communicate with their fans. That IS twitters purpose.(not that I'm denying many celebrities do it for promotional purposes)

See previous. I guarantee you a thousand times over Ken Sugimori - or Junichi Masuda, or your favorite pro athlete or music star - is not signing into Twitter daily and going "alright, let's see what well-thought out criticisms people have posted for me on this here Twitter today!"

I'm aware that my job is to respond to criticism and improve upon it.

You don't design for a seminal video game franchise. I'm not trying to downplay your experience as an artist, but doing fan work simply isn't the same as actually doing paid, professional work for a franchise like Pokémon. It isn't. Sorry.

but considering the excellent design of pokemon is what seperates it from other games, it sure as hell can attract a lot more buys.

You would have an exceedingly difficult time proving this in any tangible sense, i.e. there's no way for someone to say definitively "Generation V would have sold more units if Vanilluxe hadn't been included."

As mentioned, he leads the developement team and picks each and every pokemon, I'd say he could change the result quite easily if inclined to.

He certainly could. But I'll put it to you this way - as an artist, certainly you would agree that simply because something doesn't match your personal artistic sensibilities doesn't inherently make it bad, does it?

Elnava

The Successor!
The only point I had was that there are Pokemon with a faster speed than mewtwo that could possibly take it down. I did not say that the strategy was flawed, or that they're was a counter for it, just that there are combos that can take it down.

I was barely discussing the new form at that point. I should probably stop before someone comes and ask us to remain on topic.

I never said that it had to be EV trained, I was only saying that they're are combinations that can take mewtwo down. I completely understand that my logic is somewhat flawed when it comes competitively, but by no means do I mean that any of this means Mewtwo needs a new form. I was just simply proving the point that they're are pokemon faster than mewtwo who could possibly take it down.

Besides, Mewtwo isn't allowed in Ranked games.

That's not what this was about. This was about Mewtwo's stats and his matchups to other pokemon who would supposedly be able to take him down. Always compare pokemon on an even platform, anything else is idiocy.

Autis-misc

Abridger
That's not what this was about. This was about Mewtwo's stats and his matchups to other pokemon who would supposedly be able to take him down. Always compare pokemon on an even platform, anything else is idiocy.

It may have been on your side, but not on mine.

Mine was solely to prove that they could possibly take him down.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Who would spend time making a fugly version of this "New Mewtwo form"???

Well apparently this 'fugly' version of Mewtwo is real, my friend. :/ Yeah, didn't see it coming either

hawkmbl

Curious
I like the new form, now that I saw official art of it. The mockups shown this week were pretty terrible.

Though I imagine the pokemon "fans" on other sites are gonna go nuts over this, calling it uncreative and such (Even though Eggsecute Horsea, Staryu, and Grimer are all uncreative to an extent as well). I don't think it's a big deal, I mean, at least it isn't something godawful like Garbodor or trubbish

Acdog

I can go staple a theses on why everything is awful to somebody's door. It doesn't mean they're going to read it.
That certainly doesn't have to be mutually exclusive from creating things with appeal to the fans, but the mistake is made in assuming that the fans have any say or input on the matter.

If you honestly believe that the fans have no power over the Pokemon Franchise, you're sadly mistaken. They release and make what is popular, and what further markets the franchise. In order to sell their product, they have to put out what the fans want to see.

Example from the games:
Gen 3- Fire/Fighting Starter
Gen 4- Fire/Fighting Starter
Gen 5- Fire/Fighting Starter
Gen 6- Good possibility later.

Example from the anime:

Charizard returning to Ash's main team. It has no purpose to be there, when Ash has so many other Pokemon that need to be developed. However, it's one of the most popular Pokemon of all time and the company knows that. How? From listening to the fans. It's fanservice. In conclusion, what the fans like/dislike DOES matter to Pokemon, even if it's usually just because of furthering how much money the company is making.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
If you honestly believe that the fans have no power over the Pokemon Franchise, you're sadly mistaken. They release and make what is popular, and what further markets the franchise. In order to sell their product, they have to put out what the fans want to see.

Example from the games:
Gen 3- Fire/Fighting Starter
Gen 4- Fire/Fighting Starter
Gen 5- Fire/Fighting Starter
Gen 6- Good possibility later.

Example from the anime:

Charizard returning to Ash's main team. It has no purpose to be there, when Ash has so many other Pokemon that need to be developed. However, it's one of the most popular Pokemon of all time and the company knows that. How? From listening to the fans. It's fanservice. In conclusion, what the fans like/dislike DOES matter to Pokemon, even if it's usually just because of furthering how much money the company is making.

Then why hasn't Pidgeot returned yet? Explain master.

And if they do listen to us, how come no fan art made it to the Pokedex?

Last edited:

Elnava

The Successor!
I gotta say guys, I eat my words.

After seeing the official art and in-game I actually like the new-mew. I hope it's actually something along the lines of Mewthree than a Mewtwo form. It looks like a halfway point between mew and Mewtwo, sort of like an underdeveloped Mewtwo which would be strange as a form.

Elnava

The Successor!

Maybe peeps like charizard more which I'm sure more do.

They probably have a lot of premade designs(old Carracosta pokemon, other stuffs)

Just guesses obv but why would you not want to cater to your fanbase?

Acdog

1. Pidgeot was never as popular as Charizard. However, it may still make a return. It appeared as Pidgeotto in the Charizard flashback episode, not to mention Primeape, and there are rumors of Butterfree returning as well. Point being, Charizard would've never came back if they didn't pay attention to what the fans like.

2. Copyright and legal issues.

Elnava

The Successor!
FYI, the fans are the reason why Pikachu is Ash's partner. It was originally going to be clearly but they changed it to Pikachu because they saw how popular Pikachu was among fans in Japan

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Let's keep the discussion a bit away from the anime and what Pokemon are returning to it if only because it's a different tangent to Mewtwo's new form. =p

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
Well, someone brought up an idea in the Legendary Speculation thread that this isn't a forme, but a result of breeding Mewtwo to Ditto, similar to Manaphy. It could explain why this form is as small as Mew, and how its a "new pokemon that looks familiar" or whatever this form's catchphrase is.