• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon - Mewtwo Form - UNCONFIRMED + Dream World Catalogue

BCVM22

If you honestly believe that the fans have no power over the Pokemon Franchise, you're sadly mistaken. They release and make what is popular, and what further markets the franchise. In order to sell their product, they have to put out what the fans want to see.

Example from the games:
Gen 3- Fire/Fighting Starter
Gen 4- Fire/Fighting Starter
Gen 5- Fire/Fighting Starter
Gen 6- Good possibility later.

Example from the anime:

Charizard returning to Ash's main team. It has no purpose to be there, when Ash has so many other Pokemon that need to be developed. However, it's one of the most popular Pokemon of all time and the company knows that. How? From listening to the fans. It's fanservice. In conclusion, what the fans like/dislike DOES matter to Pokemon, even if it's usually just because of furthering how much money the company is making.

I was unaware this still needed to be debated. The fans have no say in anything. Sorry.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Now that I look at it's full-body, it doesn't look so bad.

Last edited:

Acdog

The main question I have is that if it is a new Mewtwo forme, how do they plan on explaining it in the anime?

xXYobi TakiXx

Get ready to fly
How do you not realise this is fake.

Its not fake. It's all over youtube and on tons of different websites. Plus it was in the X and Y game trailer(one of them)

BCVM22

Its not fake. It's all over youtube and on tons of different websites. Plus it was in the X and Y game trailer(one of them)

You're replying to a post from three days ago. One announcement later, I think he's figured it out, yeah?

ParaChomp

be your own guru
>_>

All over DeviantART too. At least there are less ponies that way. I'm just going to make one more comment, it reminds of a combination of Dragon Ball Z's Frieza, Cell, and Buu. More importantly, it looks eerily similar to Giygas.

Manna

Rockin' the Suburbs
I really hope this has ingame plot significance and they're not giving it a new form to bait Gen 1 fans.

Acdog

They didn't bother explaining even Kyurem. It will simply transform and that's it.

True. At least Kyurem was explained in the games though. Hopefully if this is a Mewtwo forme, it will also be explained to an extent in the games...that way it can be inferred over to the anime?

Truly Deceptive

It is I: ME!
Thank God; it might actually not be Mewtwo!

Edit: Mewtwo is alright as it was; giving it a new Forme would just be flipping lame; additionally, I am a considerable Gen 1 fan, and, furthermore, just making a new legendary who resembles Mewtwo would definitely be better than giving it a different Forme.

Last edited:

BCVM22

Thank God; it might actually not be Mewtwo!

No.

Right, let's get this sorted out a bit here. There seems to be some confusion going around. I'll just lay down some facts and we'll go from there

Fact the first: This Pokémon REPLACES standard Mewtwo on the poster for the movie Extremespeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens. This indicates that it is likely to be Mewtwo. This is further confirmed by the official Japanese site promising the new trailer on April 18th featuring Mewtwo and Newtwo, where it says secrets shall be revealed

The official sites say that it's a new Pokémon. This has occurred before, most recently with the reveal of Black & White Kyurem where Smash, and Junichi Masuda, labelled them as new Pokémon. This become a point for discussion for a while until we managed to get the artwork from press sites seen to be labelled as 646_black and 646_white.

This to me at least indicates that it's a new form. However, who knows, it could be some new variation introduced in XY

Again - most things point to it being some variation of Mewtwo.

Truly Deceptive

Yet there's still a chance it isn't.

Truly Deceptive

Have you seen the images for it on the official X and Y page? They appear to suggest it to be a different Pokémon entirely.

Last edited:

Truly Deceptive

Did you read what I quoted? It explains why that may not be strictly accurate and shouldn't be taken literally

I apologize if I appeared to take that comment as being definitively adverse to my own; I'm just relieved because once I initially saw it, and heard it was almost certainly going to be Mewtwo rather than some other Legendary, which I thought would've been stupid as h3ll.

Autis-misc

Abridger
Did you read what I quoted? It explains why that may not be strictly accurate and shouldn't be taken literally

There is an interesting piece of speculation leading to what it may be:

In most of the gen Final movies, like Lucario in the third gen, and Zoroark in the 4th gen, they're is usually a pokemon that is included from the next gen in the current gen final movie. Not the short, the movie (although, it may be sylveon if they decide to change it up a bit).

So, the hypothesis is that maybe the new gen pokemon in this next movie is Newtwo and it is a completely separate pokemon. but that's just speculation. it could go either way.

BCVM22

Point is, as explained, there are more signs that point to it being a transformation of Mewtwo - or at least possessed of a very close association to Mewtwo if not a direct transformation - than not.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Point is, as explained, there are more signs that point to it being a transformation of Mewtwo - or at least possessed of a very close association to Mewtwo if not a direct transformation - than not.
Eactly, for example the upcoming movie's title (ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo's Awakening). No less, it could be something different but related. All these hints to familiar faces for us veteran players, they still leave so many unanswered questions making us want more; it's marketing 101. Personally, as a competitive player, I hope it's something very different but it's best for all of us to keep quiet and wait in anticipation!