• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon - Mewtwo Form - UNCONFIRMED + Dream World Catalogue

Elnava

The Successor!
I'm still hoping its a new pokemon all together. It would be cool if it was another clone that escaped or survived Mewtwo's blast or a different clone from another laboratory.

There's still a chance that it is it's own pokemon.

BCVM22

There's still a chance that it is it's own pokemon.

Is there a chance? Yes, in the sense that there isn't "not" a chance.

But let's consider the workings of the movie here. It's already been shown that this new design replaces Mewtwo on the movie posters, much as the Keldeo and Kyurem formes did on last summer's movie. The movie still has Mewtwo's name in the title - it didn't have an extra coda added on nor was part of it changed, as is sometimes the case when a new critter is revealed prior to the movie's release.

Is it possible that it's an entirely new critter, and that they're keeping its name out of the title to hide that fact? Maybe, but that's a mighty big stretch.

I think you'd agree that right now, most of the signs point to it being a forme change.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Mew<insert number here> has a very attractive page detailing the past escapades of Mewtwo and featuring a cameo from Mew.

BCVM22

The American site provides much of the same, just in English (stating the obvious) and with smaller images.

PokemonTrainerKaden

I feel like this could be MewThree because he has three toes while Mewtwo only has two. It's a long shot, and it's a small detail that may not mean anything but it could be that it IS it's own Pokemon, and they tried once again to recreate Mew but this time they didn't succeed at all and ended up just creating a normal non legendary Pokemon that resembles and carries the same DNA as Mew and Mewtwo. Or it could be a legendary Pokemon that is more powerful than both Mew and Mewtwo, or it could even be just a form of Mewtwo. I for one am very interested in what it could be.

Blue Cobra

Bug Trainer
I must admit, I really like the design of this new Mewtwo form, (if it is a new form). The long head, the purple fingers and toes, as well as the thin design looks really great, I think.
Personally, I don't think it is a Mewthree or something, but a new form of Mewtwo, since it looks very similar to Mewtwo with the colors and the tail, which has been moved to its head.
Mew and Mewtwo looked a lot more different I think, and why would the new movie has Mewtwo in its title, if the movie is more about a Mewthree?
This is a very positive announcement for me, and i'm looking forward to find out more about the new movie as well as X and Y details.

BCVM22

It being a new Mewtwo forme would ruin it for me.

Someone explain this line of thinking to me. You're fine with it as a separate Pokémon, but if it's only a transformation (which the signs point to it being) then good lord all is lost all is lost?

Izanagi

'Sup!
I like everyone is all in a frenzy about Newtwo. Watching it all unfold is pretty funny but I digress. However, I really do like Newtwo's design and I am interested in finding out more.

Blue Cobra

Bug Trainer
As a big Mewtwo fan, I think it would be a shame if it is a Mewthree or something. Mew and Mewtwo has always been connected close to each other, so a new Mew clone would just not fit in I think.
It is also hard to consider this as a new Pokémon I think, since it has so many characteristics of Mewtwo. The tail, which has been moved to the backhead, in the same purple color, the bow on its head looks a lot like the bow, which were on its neck in its original form. Also the thin design, with the legs being wider than the rest of its body is making it looking like a new form, rather than an entirely new Pokémon. I really hope that it is the case too, because I'm a big Mewtwo fan, and doesn't want it to be overshadowed by a new Mew clone.

Tancar911

V Where's Squirtle?
I would be okay if he was a form like sky giratina, or the rotoms, but if they have him as a seperate legendary, or by gods a evolution, i may finally find my first complaint of gen 6 (im a pessimist, deal with it)

2074red2074

Shiny Collector
Has anybody thought that maybe Genesect in the movie (also an artificially created Pokémon) is too powerful and Mewtwo has to combine itself with Mew using DNA Splicers? Let's say it stabilizes Mewtwo's DNA while keeping the enhancements from Team Rocket or something. 1+2=3, after all.

StrayPup

Always Lost
Has anybody thought that maybe Genesect in the movie (also an artificially created Pokémon) is too powerful and Mewtwo has to combine itself with Mew using DNA Splicers? Let's say it stabilizes Mewtwo's DNA while keeping the enhancements from Team Rocket or something. 1+2=3, after all.

I actually liked the idea of combining pokemon BUT it seems to leak far to much into digimon.
On a side note, I am actually happy about the design and would use it.
On another site note, the end of its head looks like rattata's tail.