• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon music evolution

Draco.

Dragon Master.
Pokémon music evolution

So what do you people think of the pokemon music in the games,
i liked the sound in R/S/E and i love the music in B/W2 but thats just me,

What do you think?

Hudsonn98

I really liked Driftveil Cty's music for BW (I haven't heard it for BW 2 though) I now hate Nimbasa's music because I go there so much for the Subway or Stadiums and have to listen to it...#hate_nimbasa_music

Ferrin

Easily Lost
alder's theme, whenever i see him i listen to it for a minutes, before doing anything. and the music after n's castle surrounds the pokemon league and shoots walkways at it things start getting serious from there

Last edited:

blackterminator3

After hearing Kanto's gym battle theme got remixed, I felt it got a decent improvement.

Chrysaries

Former shiny trader
I'm pretty intrested in game music. Pokemon is good, I like R/S/E the most I think... The sounds themselves from R/B/Y are a little to simple, so when they get remixed/remastered they are also awesome. PokeRemixStudios does a great job with this. I've seen him on the forum aswell...

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
The music is nice to the four other Regions but I gotta say that 5th generation began to become as musically inclined like the legend of zelda ocarina of time. Pokemon mysery dungeon's music has so much emotions in it.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
What I notice most about the BW music is the little things they've put in it to make it awesome.

For example, the people with instruments (i.e. the accordion player in Nacrene) that add new layers to the tune.

And the fact that when you run, the music adds a drum. Wonder how many of you noticed that? Or in Chargestone cave, where the music decreases in tempo and pitch the lower down into the cave you go. It's little touches like those that make me smile on the inside.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
I started playing with the volume off ever since SoulSilver came out, since I wanted to listen to music, and Pokemon podcasts, while playing. But I always make it a point to play through the first time (for the most part) with the music on, and I have to admit, it's gotten so much better.

All the generations have their own specific music, and I smile thinking of the nostalgia that each brings. It's true, they have all progressed, and BW2 is definitely a huge step forward, but at the same time, I sometimes find myself missing the older, 8-bit sounds.

Not saying I don't like the new stuff. I'm playing through Platinum again at the moment, and I'm trying to keep the volume on, and I sometimes smile at how good the music actually is. As a kid, I didn't notice stuff like that (although I always played with the music on back then). Going back and listening just blows my mind at how good it is.

I guess to answer the OP, I am a huge fan of the music. I think my least favorite are the battle music, but I love listening to it regardless. It adds a certain texture to the overall playing experience that can't quite be overlooked, especially considering how much nicer the music has gotten over the years.

xDWarrior

I may be the only person in the world who liked the older music better. And no it's not because of nostalgia. I can't explain it, but the newer music just seems so much more synthetic than the older music, which I know makes absolutely no sense. But hey, that's just how my ear picks it up. It's basically like preferring the sound of a Gibson over a Fender to me. I love both, but I like the older music better.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I do miss the old tunes like the creepy Lavender Town from Red and Blue
But the new ones aren't that bad, really

Cutty

Forever now
I really liked Driftveil Cty's music for BW (I haven't heard it for BW 2 though) I now hate Nimbasa's music because I go there so much for the Subway or Stadiums and have to listen to it...#hate_nimbasa_music

I on the other hate Driftveil City's music. It should have country tune or whatever for Clay's sake.
I know Gen 5 adds more variety of music, but I prefer Gen 4.

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
I love the newer music in pokemon games -such as route 47 Unova, Elite Four and Driftveil City- but there will always be a nostalgic place in my heart for the horns of Hoenn.

SirRob

Not a pervert
I love the music from the games! In my opinion it's been improving with each generation, and to me that's a pretty big feat since the series always had a great soundtrack. I wish they would do more with the standard battle themes, though. I love what Black and White did, changing the music when your Pokemon's HP was low and having that dramatic victory theme whenever you were facing a Gym Leader's last Pokemon. I hope they keep doing stuff like that, because those themes can get really repetitive, even if they are good.

Kaiserin

please wake up...
I definitely love the music, even from the first games. They had compositions that were memorable enough that upgraded remixes in Gen IV and V sounded really, really awesome.

Gen III, especially RSE, was kind of a black sheep in terms of game music. I think it's sort of hit or miss compared to the rest, but I thought there were a bunch of memorable songs to be had. Not all were good enough to prevent from being grating when you started hearing them all the time, but some of the battle themes were awesome.

aloquesada

In gen 3 I love the cave music and hearing a pokemon cry after a while. Also the dive music is pretty cool.
The new generations added a lot of cool music, i liked a lot hearing the Hoenn sounds in hg/ss :]
in BW is amazing how the music changes with the seasons and the dramatic music when your pokemon is in low hp made a lot less stressing the beeping from previous gens.
Lastly i must say that BW2 has the best music ever, Homika singing D-O-G-A-R-S is amazing and the gym theme remix for Nimbasa is incredible! I just stayed in front of Elesa for a long time just to hear that :]

Dreamy

I think it has gotten better over the years, but that's not to say I don't love to hear some of the original tunes especially at random times like when I heard one as someones ringtone in a department store. ^_^

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
I personally think it's gotten better. Gen 5 has my favorite over all soundtrack. It was previously Gen 3 but I think Gen 5 trumped them.

ebevan91

I think it has gotten better over the years, but that's not to say I don't love to hear some of the original tunes especially at random times like when I heard one as someones ringtone in a department store. ^_^

I heard the original R/B/Y trainer battle theme at college one day. This guy and some friends of his were playing Pokemon Yellow I think.

I heard it WAY across the cafe with probably 30+ people in-between us talking.