• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky (023)

Sunain

Pokemon Master
Contrary to the "Available in High Definition where available" lower third at the beginning of the special, the episode did not air in true High Definition. Was just upscaled standard definition.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
*Sniff!* Oh, I do love this episode, and the game it's based off of, obviously. Grovyle is so awesome! He's my favorite Pokemon character of all time! Heroic, tough, courageous...Truely, is anyone better than Grovyle? Especially his sacrifice...Everytime I see Grovyle's sacrifice, I can't help but tear up. To quote everyone's favorite talking Pokemon, "IT SURE DOES A NUMBA ON DA NOIVES!!!"

Oh, and why did they make Lapras a girl, or at least make him sound like a girl? He's a guy in the games, so make him one in the show!

rocky505

I wanted to see them fight Dialga dang it. Why did it have to end right before then.

Torpoleon

I wanted to see them fight Dialga dang it. Why did it have to end right before then.
Maybe they'll fight Dialga in a future special? I don't know. At least the special where Piplup, Chimchar and Grovyle fought Dusknoir was good!

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
they better make one good sequel, cuz i want to know what happenes. it was very exciting and high energy, but im still CONfused!

I think I know who voiced Chatot in this special. It's Mr. Honcho (Classroom Training and Sliding towards Seventh) only with a less deeper voice.

Battra

It was good, just enough info to give you a taste of the game without spoiling alot.

umbreonluver

CATS DONT DANCE FM
pokemon mystery dungeon

;197 how many r they going to make of the mystery dungeons seriously

umbreonluver

CATS DONT DANCE FM
pokemon mystery dungeon

;197 how many r they going to make of the mystery dungeons seriously

umbreonluver

CATS DONT DANCE FM
well who did the piplup and chimchar?

SmartD

Watched the special two days ago, it's really good. It had a good plot, and was exciting like the previous one. The voices were good too. I think Sunflora got a different voice because she(?) sounded different than the last one. Dusknoir voice was cool, spooky and evil. His voice sounded familiar, I think I know who voices him, but I have to check. And of course, Dan Green was great voicing Grovyle in this special, especially near the end. Overall, it was a good special, I wish they did more like it.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
Finally got a free copy of the special along with my new copy of PMD. DAN GREEEEEEN'S Grovyle's Heroic Sacrifice was pretty well done, IMO. Almost had me crying. :p

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It was probably my least favorite PMD Special to date.

Dan Green voicing Grovyle was unexpected though. It suited the character but it's the story itself that I didn't like. It starts off at a random part and ends in a cliff-hanger. And we all know that they'll never show the ending...

Not good at all in my opinion. 3/10

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Loved this episode. Loved how Piplup, Chimchar and Grovyle battled little against Dusknoir. Grovyle always seems cool and relaxed, I thought that Ash's Grovyle is special but it's probably all the Grovyle's nature.
7/10

The Outcast

Terminate421
This'll probobly be ignored but, whatever.

I found this to feel....quite embarassing, with several things wrong.

However, I do not hate the people who made it but I feel like correcting this whole thing my self.

1. My one issue is Dan Green voicing Grovyle, He's not bad but he's not good. His voice doesn't fit the character. In the game, hes a badass, cunning, intelligent, and quickly resourcful pokemon. Here, changes into the guy who's annoying and tells you exactly whats going on, "He's about to do something!" My god was that embarrassing.

2. I did like the voices for the Sableeye (Who is actually who voiced the Jockey from Left 4 dead 2) and Dusknoir (IDK him...)

3. The genders for the Lapras and Wigglytuff were wrong, in the game they are both guys.

4. EVERYONE at the guild knew EXACTLY whats going on and had totally bad voices for their characters.

5. The one joke out of the entire special wasn't funny.

6. Some sayings where....awkward
Grovyle: Your going to have to knock him out.
Piplup and Chimchar: KNOCK HIM OUT?!?!

7. The scene where grovyle goes back to the future is quite wrong, he doesn't fly 60 feet in the air and bounce into the portal, he simply pushes him dusknoir in.

8. Sayings were awkward.
Anime: "I studied this in the future" "Oh yeah, I forgot"
Game: "Can you read this grovyle?" "Give me a second!"
Makes it sound like he went to the library for this stuff.

While I think it is bad, I find it somewhat enjoyable, though only slightly. But I still think the first special (Go-getters) was probobly the worst I've ever seen.
I guess this one was the most, Dissapointing? Or would it be wrong?

What ever, theres my thought. And I can't blame them, considering how much time they had to make it. besides, its not a TOTAL disaster. Seeing as how the Sableeye was voiced by the Jockey from Left 4 dead 2!

Piplup-Luv

Piplups Are Awesome
I absolutely loved this episode and the one before it. I do think some parts were a bit overdramatic like when grovyle grabs Dusknoir in the game he just shoves said pokemon in with him instead of jumping in the air.

Some of the sentences sounded arkward like at the Rainbow Stoneship and the Unown tablet there.

A few voices didn't match the characters, Some of the guild members, and mainly Grovyle; in my opinion at least. Grovyle should have sounded badass like he is in the game. In this episode he sounded annoying. Lapras, would have matched if he was a girl but he's a guy in the game.

Still, the episode was amazing and I wish they had made it a series like Pokemon Chronicles instead of just having two episodes. It would have been cool to see the whole game as animie, especialy Fogbound Lake, Crystal Cave & Lake, and definately the Future, the Primal Dialga battle, and the ending.^^