• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky (023)

Two PMD episodes with two cool and awesome characters between them:
First part - Gabite
Second Part - Grovyle

Grovyle was just so cool in this special.

It was sad that he died/sacrificed himself in the end. We'll miss you, Grovyle!

I hope more of these types of specials air on TV in the future!

G50

No longer posting
This special was very cool. Not as good as the 1 prior, but still very good. I like how they used much of the main plot of the game in this special. I like the 3-attack combination that Chimchar, Piplup, and Grovyle used to defeat Dusknoir and Sableye it was great. Many of the lines were exactly the same as the game. Wigglytuff was funny as usual. The part where they all hold hands(etc.) to brace themselves for the time stoppage didn't make much sense to me.

78/100

hawkmbl

Curious
In my opinion this was the best special of them all. They need to make more, or even remake the ending of the game. And if they don't, I want to. This special has a Code Lyoko feel to the end of the special. (In the terms of the way to make cliff hangers)

But why, why, WHY did they have to cut out the introduction to the future and all of those other adventures? It made a big plot hole...

Littlemyuu

Saw this one again like 15 days ago, and still i cry when Grovyle took Dusknoir back to the Future, Piplup and Chimcar are soo good as a team and strong :3 i really hope they make more MD episodes because its my favorite Pokemon spin-off

Bananarama

The light is coming
Too many emotional parts that lead up to nothing. I wanted to see the battle with Dialga, and I'm pretty upset that it had to end in a cliffhanger. The music is great as usual, though.

Definitely my least favorite PMD special so far.

JudySpell

Banned
Of the 3 PMD specials this one is my least favorite. I appreciated how it used the Dusknoir and Dialga plot from the games but I didn't like the rest. 4/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
It was odd seeing Grovyle as part of Piplup and Chimchar's rescue team already, tho I liked when Lapras took them to the Hidden Land. I liked seeing Dusknoir from the games too, but too bad that Primal Dialga barely appeared. ^^;

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Decent PMD special, although the dubbed version was weak in terms of vocal work: Sunflora sounded like Dawn, Chatot sounded different, and even Chimchar's voice sounded off. :/

ZilverLox

Banned
I do love this episode and the game it's based off of. Grovyle was so awesome! He's my favorite Pokemon character of all time! Heroic, tough, courageous. Every time I see Grovyle's sacrifice, I can't help but tear up.

Shayuin

Banned
I was a little lost, seeing how I've only seen the specials and haven't played any of the games, but I thought it was great. Lol at Wigglytuff falling asleep.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I wasn't pleased with the fact that most of Pochama and Hikozaru's journey was skipped, although I did like that we saw Juptile with them. The Phantom Land arrival scene with Laplace was amazing though, and the fight against Yonoir was decent. Juptile's sacrifice was tearful much to my surprise, but it's too bad that we only got a glimpse of Dark Dialga.

Daizy

I call you honey
I'm probably the only one here who isn't very fond of Mystery Dungeon. It was still pretty good, though I probably would've gotten more out of it if I hadn't read spoilers. I love how they showed a backstory that wasn't in the games about the guild being stopped in time.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Frankly, the fact that Pochama and Hikozaru were still un-evolved and essentially unprepared to even face Dark Dialga makes me wonder how the battle would've gone down if it had been shown.

Zamin

I love the episode and the PMD games. I liked emotion in the episode and having played the games it was nice to see it as an anime.

Also, at times the animation looked like the style of the PMD Switch game so now it makes more sense to me why that style was chosen as it is quite different to some of the other PMD games artwise.