• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity (March 24th 2013)

Rakurai

I'm really curious about just what sort of influence scanning particular objects to generate a dungeon will have on what's within. I kind of doubt they'd make the object scanned completely irrelevant in determining the dungeon's contents. If anything, I'd guess the colors of the object might influence the Pokemon you encounter, or there might simply be some specific objects that are pre-programmed to generate dungeons with certain qualities.

In any case, I like the sound of the feature if it means potentially getting access to certain species of Pokemon earlier then you would through the normal dungeons, as my favorites tend to be in late or post-story dungeons.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I'm really curious about just what sort of influence scanning particular objects to generate a dungeon will have on what's within. I kind of doubt they'd make the object scanned completely irrelevant in determining the dungeon's contents. If anything, I'd guess the colors of the object might influence the Pokemon you encounter, or there might simply be some specific objects that are pre-programmed to generate dungeons with certain qualities.

In any case, I like the sound of the feature if it means potentially getting access to certain species of Pokemon earlier then you would through the normal dungeons, as my favorites tend to be in late or post-story dungeons.

Hmmm. probably, I hope not that much dungeons are like that, because there aren't any Bicycles where I live.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
Don;'t you guys have any Kitchen gas tanks? They're circular. Pretty much circle things are EVERYWHERE!

But perhaps there may be added special episodes in Magnagate? like at least give us maybe 10-15 special episodes. Or just as many post special episodes after the main story like Pokemon Conquest? Ad if they allow to do so, downloadable episodes.

EonDragonFTW

Don;'t you guys have any Kitchen gas tanks? They're circular. Pretty much circle things are EVERYWHERE!

But perhaps there may be added special episodes in Magnagate? like at least give us maybe 10-15 special episodes. Or just as many post special episodes after the main story like Pokemon Conquest? Ad if they allow to do so, downloadable episodes.
DLC? or just Wifi download?

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Actually, no I don't have any of those.
and... YES PLEASE SPECIAL EPISODES WERE PURE EPICNESS! Though I hope not all of them will be WiFi...

*IZ*

The only thing im scared about is that the story might be short. In rumble blast it was pretty short.

diakyu

The only thing im scared about is that the story might be short. In rumble blast it was pretty short.
I'm surprised they were able to get a story in rumble blast. Chunsoft has never disappointed with the main Mystery Dungeon games. I'm excluding the Wiiware games since it's obvious to me they really are not main mystery dungeon games.

*IZ*

I'm surprised they were able to get a story in rumble blast. Chunsoft has never disappointed with the main Mystery Dungeon games. I'm excluding the Wiiware games since it's obvious to me they really are not main mystery dungeon games.

Did Chunsoft make these games?

diakyu

Did Chunsoft make these games?
This game or rumble blast? They are making this mystery dungeon. Ambrella did blast.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
Who knows?

But for some special episode downloads, just Wifi. No need for DLC. Unless by some unexplainable means that Wii U has DLC transferable to the 3DS.

OH, but one more thing, how about letting PMD have a mystery gift function to Black and White 2? Like how they did the manaphy egg in the Ranger series transferable to Diamond and Pearl?

I dunno but in PMD, it is easier to get every species tan the main series

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I guess... Actually, that would make a lot of sense, I mean, they can have dreams appear, so they should also be able to have pokemon from other worlds appear.

Mr. Ribbles

Cubchoo Lover
I guess... Actually, that would make a lot of sense, I mean, they can have dreams appear, so they should also be able to have pokemon from other worlds appear.

Oh yes! About the dream thing, maybe a Musharna/Munna would appear in Post Town after you beat the main story, and allow you to visit dreams and the like? (I know the post was mainly about pokemon from other worlds, but dreams are...sort of other worlds, right? :<?)

Oh yes! About the dream thing, maybe a Musharna/Munna would appear in Post Town after you beat the main story, and allow you to visit dreams and the like? (I know the post was mainly about pokemon from other worlds, but dreams are...sort of other worlds, right? :<?)

That could happen. Gen 5 has a lot online features, and the Dream World is one of them. Most likely the Munna line will have a role in the game.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I hope so, maybe it'll become a "Magnemite", you know, a joining member that had relevance to the story.

ALordZynix

Lord of the Wings
I'm wondering if and how they will use Dream World Abilities. I'm definetly hoping the starter pokemons have theirs, because those torrents/overgrow/blaze are pretty useless in PMD.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Who knows?

But for some special episode downloads, just Wifi. No need for DLC. Unless by some unexplainable means that Wii U has DLC transferable to the 3DS.

OH, but one more thing, how about letting PMD have a mystery gift function to Black and White 2? Like how they did the manaphy egg in the Ranger series transferable to Diamond and Pearl?

I dunno but in PMD, it is easier to get every species tan the main series

It has been confirmed that there is no compatibility with main games

*IZ*

This game or rumble blast? They are making this mystery dungeon. Ambrella did blast.

This game. And if it's comfirmed that they made it, it probably won't disappoint

Edit: Oh I almost forgot but labyrinth is spelled wrong.

Last edited:

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I'm wondering if and how they will use Dream World Abilities. I'm definetly hoping the starter pokemons have theirs, because those torrents/overgrow/blaze are pretty useless in PMD.

I think it'll either activate in certain dungeons, or in the form of a hold item, or, they might make it that if you have a Munna on your team, they activate.

StarSurgeX

☆ I'm The Captain
Yay ^^ i been looking forward to a new Mystery Dungeon Game and finally here it comes... i want to be a oshawott but i feel that they have to bring all the previous Pokemon form all the other mystery dungeon games well this should be interesting.. btw i really look forward the scanning thing that opens new dungeons :p

Gronkling

POISON TRENCH CLOD
I have a feeling we'll get more than the generation 5 starters as starters and partners, as in the Time & Darkness pre-release pictures they only show the generation 4 starters being used, and we got more than those.