• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity (March 24th 2013)

*IZ*

Oh man you guys
Lugia & Ho-Oh

this can only mean one possible thing: GSC remakes!!!!!!!

Infraction!
Reason: Spam
:p

Anyway I made up my mind. I'm not buying it if it's only those 5 playable characters.

diakyu

Infraction!
Reason: Spam
:p

Anyway I made up my mind. I'm not buying it if it's only those 5 playable characters.
Seriously. Seeeeerrriously? I was going to complain about the lack of more pokemon, but then I realized I only do one playthrough. Meaning I only use two pokemon, So having more than five would be useless too me. But whatever floats your boat I guess.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Seriously. Seeeeerrriously? I was going to complain about the lack of more pokemon, but then I realized I only do one playthrough. Meaning I only use two pokemon, So having more than five would be useless too me. But whatever floats your boat I guess.

I can understand it. There's not enough variety in the starters, seeing as there's only 5 so far.

FireHawkDelta

Always Torchic
Remember how in BW2, Ghetsis said he would fill Kyurem with his evil ambitions? What if kyurem could be possessed by Darkrai? I doubt they would make him the villain again, but it makes sense. Darkrai would overpower Reshiram or Zekrom's control of Kyurem when they fuse. This would mean that Kyurem can be in a more powerful form, while still evil. So the final boss could be dark full Kyurem.

~Silver Aura~

Back...ish
I'd be somewhat bummed if those are the only starters to choose from but I've waiting and praying for a new PMD game so who am I to complain? Beggars can't be choosers. Ile quite like the new stuff revealed so far So I'll be buying this either way.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Remember how in BW2, Ghetsis said he would fill Kyurem with his evil ambitions? What if kyurem could be possessed by Darkrai? I doubt they would make him the villain again, but it makes sense. Darkrai would overpower Reshiram or Zekrom's control of Kyurem when they fuse. This would mean that Kyurem can be in a more powerful form, while still evil. So the final boss could be dark full Kyurem.

I'm fairly certain they intended for Darkrai to never be a villain again, but this would be awesome if it happened. Especially if this theoretical Kyurem/Darkrai fusion were playable.

*IZ*

I don't really like these starters. I would much prefer to play as some other starters. The other PMD games would do that.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
Apparently, Victini's booth provides higher ranked moves, not Pokemon.

It'll be nice to have a method of doing this outside of Ginseng this time around.

You can see Minccino and Petil along with Oshawott and Pikachu with the glowy badge things. Maybe they're possible partners? I know the screenshots had the character select with only the ones we saw previously, but maybe?

Oh my. First we got Virizion being town mayor and school owner. Then Victini as a PMD Energy shop owner/ dojo owner. Are these legendaries tired of being called a legendary pokemon? Maybe Virizion had enough of kicking bad guy butt and educate young pokemon to become future successors. As for Victini, I think she/he wants to have little and young aspiring pokemon as his/her friends while he/she works as a power up supplier along with Gurdurr. Maybe she's/he's the Head honcho of the dojo while Gurdurr is the mini boss/right hand of Victini?

Keldeo? maybe he's like chatot. He'd better not be.

But seeing Minccino and Petillil (most likely females)... they could be potential candidates. And IF they are canditates for partner/heroine, I think Minccino can have a date with a male Pikachu (buneary is J-E-A-L-O-U-S). Petillil could make a run with a male oshawott or axew (Snivy is cool with it). Now don't aggravate again about you guys not siding with furry relationships. I KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS MEANT!

Rakurai

I hope the Magnagate system will allow for a much greater number of Pokemon to be found prior to clearing the story.

Mostly because I want a Deino, and the series has a habit of not allowing you obtain Pokemon of the same line/species of one that's important to the story before then.

Anima

Seems pretty silly to not buy a pokemon game just because there isn't enough selection for starters. Especially when we all already deal with having even less selection for our starter in the mainstream games.

But as already been said, whatever floats your boat. I'm still buying it, and assuming the five revealed are the only choice of starters, I will be a Snivy and my buddy is going to be Axew.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
Seems pretty silly to not buy a pokemon game just because there isn't enough selection for starters. Especially when we all already deal with having even less selection for our starter in the mainstream games.

To me, this makes the gameplay feel somewhat limited compared to the other PMD games, and some people complain about this because they want a more diverse amount of playable pokemon you could be. I myself take the personality test a few times before I could get something that I'd like, and I don't mind starting a new agme knowing that there are a large number of other pokemon to choose from. So knowing this, I'm disappointed.

On the other hand, I still have my hopes up for more CoroCoro leaks on the gameplay and starters. Never know what's over the horizon.

Rakurai

Ahh, I like that your move power increases. Thunder lll? That sounds very powerful. I wonder what would happen to moves like Roar of Time or something, massive overkill. xD

You already could power up moves in the previous games with Ginseng.

I presume they just decided to simplify the process by making it occur after enough uses and with Victini's booth.

Rakurai

Something else I'm really hoping is retained from the previous PMD titles is the variety in terms of the dungeon environments.

I really liked going to certain dungeons like the Spatial Rift and Deep Chasm because of how surreal they got on the later floors.

*IZ*

Something else I'm really hoping is retained from the previous PMD titles is the variety in terms of the dungeon environments.

I really liked going to certain dungeons like the Spatial Rift and Deep Chasm because of how surreal they got on the later floors.

Yea! That would make the dungeons really fun to explore. I hope that they don't feel that because it's on a new system that they should have a fresh start.

Eve of the Apocolypse

One Last Battle~
From the pics released, I can't really say that I like the way the move selection is set up. I'm used to the same ol' 'move the cursor and press A' method. I wouldn't really want to select the wrong move by accident.

I'm also assuming, that because this is for 3DS, the circle pad'll pretty much give you free rein over the direction you're facing.