• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity (March 24th 2013)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Here's how I would react:

I would become as angry as AVGN, as frustrated as someone who died on ninja gaiden a thousand times, and rage as bad as I could. The last story DID eventually come out in NA, but at first it didn't. It's just with NOA's habit of not localizing lately, I've been worried sick... Even more so than Pokemon conquest. (BTW, how long did it take from JP launch to be confirmed for NA? it was a 3 month release period so if we are lucky we may have it out in February.. Maybe.

Also, on YT and other sites, people are saying it's coming out in april or june... Yet no one has confirmed anything... Which is true? I've been worrying myself sick about this in school lately too. (Yes, a Pokemon spinoff worried me more than a main game, THAT'S how awesome this game is to me... The best game I've ever played is Ys I and II on the TG CD, and this seems to be better)

Neither is true or false. There is no date yetr

Nightstar1994

Any idea how can you get the Kami Trio in this game? Serebii's Pokemon Listing states that they are "Mission Gift", presumably meaning some mission from Azumarill. But any idea how can i recognize the mission with them? Hints like how many stars does it have or how many floors would have been helpful.

Thanks.

Ditto B1tch

Yeah is pikachu a forced pokemon? I wan't to be something else!

Actually you have 5 Pokemons available in the game to pick up, not only Pikachu. And you can choose your starter instead of answering all those questions like in the past games.

The 5 Pokemon availabe are: Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Axew and Pikachu.

Last edited:

Rakurai

Any idea how can you get the Kami Trio in this game? Serebii's Pokemon Listing states that they are "Mission Gift", presumably meaning some mission from Azumarill. But any idea how can i recognize the mission with them? Hints like how many stars does it have or how many floors would have been helpful.

Thanks.

They appear in this game's equivalent of the Golden Rooms from Explorers.

If you take a mission with a high mystery level, you'll have a higher chance of entering one of those areas, but only one particular dungeon is capable of having each of them, all of them post story dungeons.

Coronis

In lucid awakening
A bit of clarification on the 'warped' dungeons. Any dungeon post game with a high 'mystery' level is capable of warping you, and apparently, there are 5 possibilities as listed below. Take note that 6 of the post-game dungeons are special in that, 2 kinds of important 'warps' are possible through them. These are the Quiet Tundra, Dream Island, the Moonlight Forest, Iron Rust Mountain, Large Pit, Smokey Mountain.

1) You get warped to a dungeon with the exact same name, but conditions are reversed (i.e. you cannot recruit the Pokemon there despite you normally could). Similarly, if you originally cannot recruit Pokemon in that dungeon, you could after the warp (applies mainly to the post-game dungeons which are not the 6 ones listed above)
2) You get warped to one of the dungeons that are no longer accessible post-game, for instance the Glacier Palace East and West. This usually happens with the earlier pre-game dungeons.
3) You get warped to the 'Golden Chamber', where there are rare items and different Pokemon listings.
4) You get warped to the 'Mapless Street', which is only possible through one of the above 6 dungeons. The starters are mainly ound here. There appears to be 3 different 'Mapless Streets':
A - accessible via Quiet Tundra or Dream Island, you can find the Pikachu line and Oshawott line here
B - accessible via Moonlight Forest or Iron Rust Mountain, you can find the Snivy line here
C - accessible via Large Pit or Smokey Mountain, you can find the Tepig line and Axew line her
5) You get warped to the 'Golden Chamber Deepist Part', which is again only accessible via the 6 special dungeons. You find Tornadus or Thundurus here. Again, there are 2 different 'Golden Chamber Deepest Part':
A - accessible via Quiet Tundra, Dream Island or Moonlight Forest, you can find Tornadus here
B - accessible via Iron Rust Mountain, Large Pit or Smokey Mountain, you can find Thundurus here

The six special dungeons only takes you to either 'Mapless Street' or 'Golden Chamber Deepest Part' apparently, and you cannot get the other kinds of warps through them. Similarly, the 3 other kinds of warps are only possible in all the other dungeons.

In addition, for the Cobalion and Terrakion missions to appear (which is by random on the right side notice board), it seems you need at least the Royal Rank. A word of advice for Landorus, Thundurus and Tornadus is that, consider using the type based gifts, since the chance of recruiting them without the gifts seem extremely low. Landorus is found on the 8/F of Breezy Plains after the end credits, and my personal experience is that if you can recruit Landorus (with the ground or flying gift), you basically nailed the game. It comes at level 70 and knows Earthquake. You can almost kill anything with Landorus at this point, even the weaker Reshiram and Zekrom who are weak against you. After it learnt Stone Edge, it could easily take out Ho-Oh too. Of course, you still need a few Revive Seeds just in case.

The special legendaries appear in fixed 'challenge' dungeons. According to the Japanese boards, it seems that Ho-Oh is the only one that may appear shiny, not the other ones for some odd reason:
1) Ho-Oh - Eternal Ruins
2) Lugia - Tidal Sound Ruins
3) Reshiram - White Summit
4) Zekrom - Black Edge
5) Kyurem - Sky Tower
6) Black or White Kyurem - Deserted Sky Tower

Coronis~

hawkmbl

Curious
Ok, being the paranoid type of guy I am, here's what I found using the last release of Pokemon Rumble Blast.

The game was officially announced on June 11th, and came out 2 months later in Japan.

The NA version was announced on July 19th, and came out in October, but in terms of the game's release, it was a 2 month gap.

So that would mean if it's taking longer for the NA version to be announced... I'm not sure if I should worry. I realllly hope it comes out before the end of Q1

Kenshi

If my ''Rescue & Explorers Release Date Investigation'' turned out right, they all had a 4 month gap between being released in Japan and NA Release Date announcement. So that would mean we'll most likely get some info in February. Maybe later/earlier.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
If my ''Rescue & Explorers Release Date Investigation'' turned out right, they all had a 4 month gap between being released in Japan and NA Release Date announcement. So that would mean we'll most likely get some info in February. Maybe later/earlier.

February sounds about right, somehow I think they'll announce it in the Spring.

Nightstar1994

Thanks Coronis. Made everything way more clear now, next week i'll try to put some of my time into hopefully finding and recruiting the Kami Trio.

Also strange that only Ho-Oh can be shiny.

Eve of the Apocolypse

One Last Battle~
February sounds about good for a release date. Crossing fingers!

A Spring release date would be good to; I'm just betting my money That this game'll come out in NA around late Spring/early Summer.

hawkmbl

Curious
I certainly hope it doesn't get announced all the way THAT late. That's way too long compared to the announcement of the more recent games.

Pokemon + Nobunga's ambition- Released in March in JP, announced for NA in April to come out 2 months later

Pokemon Rumble blast- Confirmed for NA even before the JP release!

That's why I'm worried. There is no reason whatsoever for a PMD game to take so long to be localized, if Pokemon Conquest (Which many, many people never thought would come to NA for a long time), and Pokepark wii 2 (Fun fact, that came out in November as well, and came to NA in Feb!) came out so quickly after their JP release, then this has to be confirmed at least in the next few weeks, or else this could be a problem.

Also I saw that the sales of PMD 3DS jumped up a ton. Hopefully this means a quick confirmation in NA

Kenshi

The thing is, the reason why I said February is because every PMD game before this one was announced for NA 4 months after JP release (Even Sky). There's a chance for an earlier announcement, but if this game follows the same pattern as the rest, then we'll most likely get news February.

The sales are pretty good as of yet though, so even if we get an announcement later, it most likely will get a NA release at some point.

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
Can't wait for this game. I have been looking forward to a new mystery dungeon since sky which is my favorite of the spin off. Hopefully this one is as good.

Kenshi

Funny enough, it gets confirmed JUST when I say it's coming in February. Right after I said ''it's coming to NA at some point'', too. Glad to know I'm wrong, excitement +1.

Rakurai

Good news.

Just hope people don't get so horribly hung up on the low number of recruitable Pokemon that they can't enjoy everything else about the game (Though they already are, judging from other forums...).