• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity (March 24th 2013)

HRRlion

2795 4358 7025
What if the reason they didn't have that many pokemon IMO was perhaps to save us from the inevitable 3ds Main Pokemon game. Or they're setting up a sequel..?

hawkmbl

Curious
Good news.

Just hope people don't get so horribly hung up on the low number of recruitable Pokemon that they can't enjoy everything else about the game (Though they already are, judging from other forums...).

It doesn't really matter, as long as the gameplay and story is awesome.

....Now I'm gonna get VERY impaitent waiting 94 days...

Rakurai

Unfortunately, a lot of other people seem to be thinking that the game is completely ruined because of the lack of Pokemon.

Which is kind of funny, considering that the Wiiware games were reviewed very poorly despite having all of the Pokemon.

R_N

Unfortunately, a lot of other people seem to be thinking that the game is completely ruined because of the lack of Pokemon.

Which is kind of funny, considering that the Wiiware games were reviewed very poorly despite having all of the Pokemon.

And the Ranger games were doing it before it was cool

Honestly...the PMD games have always been needlessly obnoxious when it comes to recruiting and using Pokemon.
Cutting down is probably for the best

Rakurai

This game has made it a LOT more viable to use a variety of Pokemon on your team thanks to them:

1. Leveling up while not in the party.

2. IQ skills now being obtainable in treasure chests instead of requiring gummi grinding and all of them also being available for all Pokemon, instead of being restricted to certain species.

There does seem to be some manner of friendship value that's involved in getting happiness evolution Pokemon to evolve and is also presumably tied to the effectiveness of the party attacks, so there's likely some incentive to use the same Pokemon still, but not nearly as much as in the previous games.

Rakurai

You can choose the gender of your character and for the first time, your partner as well. However, it's like the original PMD in that genders have no effect on the actual gameplay, nor are they shown on any Pokemon.

I'm still kind of curious about whether or not your gender choice for your character and partner will affect the dialogue much, if at all, and it's for that reason I'm making my hero a female Snivy and my partner a male Axew.

Last edited:

Rakurai

You should probably spoiler tag that post...

I'm already annoyed at myself for accidentally spoiling some of the larger plot twists, and people aren't going to appreciate you blurting one of them out like that.

Last edited:
Release date announced! I was wondering how they'd shorten the super-long original subtitle...

"Gates to Infinity" eh? Not bad at all...

Now to keep away from spoilers...

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
So we finally get some info on the localization. Great, can't wait.

What if the reason they didn't have that many pokemon IMO was perhaps to save us from the inevitable 3ds Main Pokemon game. Or they're setting up a sequel..?

Pretty much the main reason we get games like Mystery Dungeon and Ranger is to hold us off while they work on new games. I have no doubt that 6th gen is coming soon, but probably not too soon.

And the Ranger games were doing it before it was cool

Honestly...the PMD games have always been needlessly obnoxious when it comes to recruiting and using Pokemon.
Cutting down is probably for the best

I suppose, but I think they went a tad far with it in this game. First of all, I think every 5th gen Pokemon should've appeared and been recruitable. Also, I'm a bit disappointed that you can't recruit the mascot legendaries, I'd love to be able to tear through dungeons as Zekrom/Black Kyurem like a boss.

Torpoleon

Awesome to hear about the release date and US name! Comes out right in time for my birthday, so I shouldn't have to wait too long to play it!

Eve of the Apocolypse

One Last Battle~
*SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEL*

Oh my gosh oh my gosh I'm so freaking happy ♥

If I get enough money from Christmas I'll be able to buy it when it comes out :'D

Shadow XD001

Nice, Gates of Infinity? Can't wait! I might get it on launch, but I'd also like to get a Wii U with the birthday money I get (April 9th), so I don't want to buy too much stuff until then. Then again, I have like $175. We'll see.

247Rain

It's raining 24 7
March!!! that will mean that it'll be out in Europe late April or early June I cant wait that long!!!!!!!!!!

247Rain

It's raining 24 7
I saw the intro and I think you can chose 1 if not the 2 pokemon at the start i kinda miss the test
also I would like more pokemon to start with, Deino would be cool + he could have some bond or some thing with hydreigon
Maybe we could have different outcomes by been given choices like it could have been
Virizon killed not hydreigon

Rakurai

You do actually get to make a choice that affects an event at one point.

And it's not one of those ones that just changes a few lines of dialogue and has things play out exactly the same after that, either.

Last edited:

Eve of the Apocolypse

One Last Battle~
You do actually get to make a choice that affects an event at one point.

And it's not one of those ones that just changes a few lines of dialogue and has things play out exactly the same after that, either.

Really? Could you please put it in spoiler tags? I wanna know so baaaadddd XD

Rakurai

Well, if you really want to know...

Your character actually decides of their own accord to return their world at end of the game.

Naturally, this eventually ends up making your partner completely miserable, and a certain someone is bothered by this, so after much effort, they find a way to temporarily unite the two worlds in order to let your partner get in touch with you so they can ask if you'd come back to the Pokemon world for their sake, while also creating the opportunity for you to do so.

It's at that point that you're presented with the realistic dilemma of whether or not you're willing to give up your life as a human for the sake of your partner. While you need to agree to further the game's story, you're still allowed to refuse and witness whatever sadness results from it (The game just sends you back to town as though you never completed the prior dungeon afterward).

Last edited:

Eve of the Apocolypse

One Last Battle~
Okay, thanks! That's really cool... then again, I'll probably be crying to much to even concentrate... Heheh... '^^