• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity (March 24th 2013)

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
I still saw the emotion portraits in the screens, like Axew had a shocked expression but his Overworld Sprite wasn't reacting.

I can picture some pokemon's emotion portraits... Like Togepi and Litwick....

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml# Top right corner of the Second Scan

Last edited:

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
That's actually true, I think. If you use a replay or similar device to evolve you or your partner before completing the storyline, the expression portraits don't appear.

Black/White relied a lot more on animations than it's predecessors, so hopefully we'll be seeing some of that in PMD3. However, they're made by two entirely separate devolopers, if I'm not horribly mistaken.

munchlaxguy

The Rolling Thunder
I'm so excited for the new PMD! luckly I have a 3DS I wouldn't mind if you can only be pikachu I love raichu.

ManhattanTheStarr

I don't understand it at all. Since when do games revel everything the first time their showcased?

That's just it. There's nothing to understand about it. The fans know that not all info will be revealed about a game before it's released, but they'll still have their negative thoughts and speculations as to what's going to happen because there are no confirmed, straight up facts.

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
That's just it. There's nothing to understand about it. The fans know that not all info will be revealed about a game before it's released, but they'll still have their negative thoughts and speculations as to what's going to happen because there are no confirmed, straight up facts.

And since Chunsoft isn't making this, well speculated to not be making this... I hope they don't pull a Nintendo E3 2012 on us with this.

Last edited:

diakyu

Why exactly wouldn't chunsoft be working on this? I mean, they are working on 3DS titles so why not. But if they aren't, who is working on it?

Kyrix

Glitch Hunting Freak
Only a PMD game could get me to stop being the vanishing act master I am and reappearing on Serebii.
~~~~~~

I decided to read up on reviews of the past games (IGN being an untrustworthy reviewing source as per usual =P) and I've noticed that the only consistent complaint is the lack of polish, if you will, on the controls.

While looking at the screen shots Serebii has up (thanks for those btw), I've noticed that, unlike previous games, we actually get ALL FOUR of our moves mapped to separate buttons this time (A, B, Y, and X)!! I'm pretty excited for this game's release, I just hope it can live up to the legacy of the first two games (let's not talk about PMD wiiware).

edit: rightright, this is the picture I was referring to: http://www.serebii.net/dungeoninfinity/cave8.jpg

Rakurai

It was mentioned that they were preoccupied with other projects at the time, and that a PMD title shouldn't be expected this gen.

I'm hoping they decided to surprise us.

ManhattanTheStarr

Well, from what I've seen judging by the trailer... it doesn't look like we'll have any other playable Pokemon except Pikachu, the Unova starters, and Axew. I really hope that isn't going to be our only options for starters in this game, or I'll be very disappointed... But REGARDLESS of that, this game is looking pretty sweet. Loving the new graphics. They truly make the gameplay pop.

diakyu

Well, from what I've seen judging by the trailer... it doesn't look like we'll have any other playable Pokemon except Pikachu, the Unova starters, and Axew. I really hope that isn't going to be our only options for starters in this game, or I'll be very disappointed... But REGARDLESS of that, this game is looking pretty sweet. Loving the new graphics. They truly make the gameplay pop.
Nah, I still feel like they will reveal new pokemon each month.

But it does look really good! Loving the art style. I was literally freaking out when the trailer was showing all of the returning features.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but has chunsoft been confirmed yet?

diakyu

They really are not trying to hide the legendaries are they? I saw three in that one trailer. Luckily for me they are all some of my favorites.

It also looks like in this game we will be going back to owning our own house like in the first games. But I could be wrong.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I was worried about the transition from 2D to 3D, but I was wrong. The game actually looks very good with 3D models.

craigprime

X&Y Supporter
YES! I was kinda hoping the new game would be main series or side-series(like Colosseum), But with these graphics, who gives a crap, it's an awesome looking 3DS game!

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Yeah. So much to look forward to!
B2W2! Dream Radar! And now also a new PMD!
Right now, I'm in the Hall of Origin...

Azurus

The Ancient Absol
shiny charizard master said:
I decided to read up on reviews of the past games (IGN being an untrustworthy reviewing source as per usual =P) and I've noticed that the only consistent complaint is the lack of polish, if you will, on the controls.

While looking at the screen shots Serebii has up (thanks for those btw), I've noticed that, unlike previous games, we actually get ALL FOUR of our moves mapped to separate buttons this time (A, B, Y, and X)!!

edit: rightright, this is the picture I was referring to: http://www.serebii.net/dungeoninfinity/cave8.jpg

I wouldn't like that unless you mean you have to hold R as well in which case that is fine.

Last edited:

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Only a PMD game could get me to stop being the vanishing act master I am and reappearing on Serebii.
~~~~~~

While looking at the screen shots Serebii has up (thanks for those btw), I've noticed that, unlike previous games, we actually get ALL FOUR of our moves mapped to separate buttons this time (A, B, Y, and X)!! I'm pretty excited for this game's release, I just hope it can live up to the legacy of the first two games (let's not talk about PMD wiiware).

I wasn't even aware you still existed. o_O