• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity (March 24th 2013)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity (March 24th 2013)

The first image sof CoroCoro has been revealed, showing a new game for the 3DS coming this winter called Pokemon: Mysterious Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinite Labrynth. It's coming to Japan this year. In this game, you start off as a character who turns into Pikachu as you fall into a dream. Partner Pokémon are Oshawott, Axew, Snivy & Tepig. This game is in full 3D. Unlike past games, this game appears to be standalone, rather than having two versions
It features a variety of Pokémon including Pokémon from Unova such as Gurdurr, Hydreigon and Virizion. You receive Quest Requests from Dunsparce, Cofagrigus runs a store, to which we don't know the details. Rampardos runs the Treasure Store. Kecleon returns, having the usual Goods store, with many items around it.
http://www.serebii.net/corocoro101.jpg
http://www.serebii.net/corocoro102.jpg

Poke'Dude

Poke'Expert
Coolest of cool beans!

A 3D Mystery Dungeon eh? Can't wait to give that a try. Is it confirmed that you can only play as Pikachu or will it be like past installments where you could be a variety? Whatever the case, I will be getting it most likely when it comes to the USA.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Not until this moment have I been willing to fork out money to buy a 3DS.
The graphics look intriguing - very reminiscent of Animal Crossing. Even the text boxes....

Last edited:
Not until this moment have I been willing to fork out money to buy a 3DS.
The graphics look intriguing - very reminiscent of Animal Crossing.

Thank you! I was thinking the exact same thing.
I will probably only be this game if we can play as more than Pikachu tough...I mean I love Pikachu, but I want to have more variation if I want to replay the game.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
YAY! lets just hope the Pikachu thing is just a mistranslation though, as I was looking forward to playing as a Snivy/Zorua/Something that isn't Pikachu.

EDIT: I can't hide it anymore. OMG OMG OMG OMG YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!
Now to hope they don't pull a blazing/stormy/lightning adventure on us...

EDIT2: Oh god yeah. If they pull a Blazing/Stormy/Lightning I'll hunt them down! Or I'll buy a JP 3DS solely for that reason... (believe me. If they pull that off, I WILL buy a JP 3DS).
Rank Up! I never want to leave this paradise... HUH!? They announced new PMD's!? I have to pack my bags, NOW!

Last edited:

Aura Flare Riolu

Cutest Riolu around!
A new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game! OMG! Yes! Yes! Yes!

EDIT: Oh gosh yeah! If they pull a Blazing/Stormy/Lightning on us, I'll be very disappointed. Lets hope it has a great storyline like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky. It'll be interesting if they can top that one! The player is turned into a Pokemon so that's a good start!

Last edited:

Frost471

I am curious if this game will be like Blazing/Stormy/Lightning or like mystery dungeon explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky. I hope it will be like TDS because BSL were only released in Japan and as far as I know were much simpler games than TDS.

Rakurai

I wonder who's developing this one. Didn't they say Chunsoft was too tied up with other games to make a PMD title?

In any case, I really doubt they'd force Pikachu on you. I'm not seeing any text that would indicate that to be the case, either (The only specific mention of Pikachu on the scans being that it's one of the choices).

rocky505

I hope we can evolve before beating the game this time.

Dreamscape

The graphics looks very well.

I hope for an early international release of this game.

Hopefully we will get more informations soon.

diakyu

Can't freaking wait. I spent so much time on explorers of time.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I just remembered something. They posted the PMD challenge right before this got announced. Odd.
(and just when I was playing Sky, I'm now too hyped up to play it).

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
Well well well. now we continue on the journey in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Universe! Sweet bonus! One of the Pics showed Pikachu falling from the heavens.

Uhh ... ain't that what happened to Pokepark's Pikachu on the first installment? Looks like we will be introduced in a SPLAT!!!

Who knows, Would this mystery dungeon be possibly be connected to the fan made timeline of the main series?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Bout time they announced Mystery Dungeon 3. I'm hoping it'll be like TDS, I thoroughly enjoyed those games. Looks good so far, though.

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
Yea, If we we're forced to play as Crap Pikachu, I would be very annoyed. I loved the Personality test system, it was truly what made Mystery Dungeon Unique, besides the Epic Music

So I wonder how this Versions arrangement of I don't want to say goodbye will be like. THey need to top it, and that will be crazy hard to do.

~Silver Aura~

Back...ish
I seriously jumped up and down like a mad woman when I found out! My sister I'd gone nuts! lol I'm so happy about this! As much as I love Pikachu I too hope he isn't a forced character because I like the variety the quiz gives you.