• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity (March 24th 2013)

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I hope this game allows us to be lots of different pokemon like the others. Also hoping you can evolve before beating the game >.>

Deadrose

Terrakion Lord
Looks like I'll be getting a 3DS now. The 3D looks nice. I wonder what the story will be this time? Can't wait to find out!

Mr. Ribbles

Cubchoo Lover
Am I seriously the only one that hates this new 3d style? They coulda just made it ...well, "better" (atleast to me) in 2d. This just dosn't look right in 3d...

And the title sounds like something ripped from professer layton.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Woo! A PMD game! *Hopes Munna is a starter* Hey, if Axew can be a starter, why not Munna? Though, Axew has the anime behind it, but when have the games cared about the anime?

DarkerShining

A new PMD game! YAY!

Not sure how I feel about them using the 3D models instead of the cute little sprites from the previous games, though. At least it looks like the little boxes when a Pokemon is speaking are kept, and I love the design of the town. Can't wait to learn more!

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
I think on this thread, we can continue our debates as to what the selected characters may be if pikachu ain't fixed

SuperPichu

Pokémon!
This looks awesome! I love the 3D graphics *hopes Pichu and Eevee can be a starters* If neither Pichu or Eevee can't be a starter/partner, I'll most likely be an Oshawott with a Snivy partner. I can't wait to see what the story is! Can't wait to get this!

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
This looks awesome! I love the 3D graphics *hopes Pichu and Eevee can be a starters* If neither Pichu or Eevee can't be a starter/partner, I'll most likely be an Oshawott with a Snivy partner. I can't wait to see what the story is! Can't wait to get this!

They wouldn't have pichu and pikachu be starters >.>

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I really love the graphics in these games. It's just too bad that the games are for the 3DS. I don't have one yet, and I don't plan on buying one for at least another year. I really want to play these games as soon as they're out, though. I guess I should start saving money.

Wow this looks amazing. I hope they don't have those gender-specific starters though.
But seriously. Pokemon Mystery dungeon is one of my favorite pokemon games.

Aura Flare Riolu

Cutest Riolu around!
Here are my predictions for the Player/Partner options. I put 6 per region. Most are the same as the ones from PMD Sky but I added extras to the regions that have less than 6. Some I picked at random lol.

Kanto:
Bulbasaur
Charmander
Squirtle
Pikachu
Vulpix
Eevee

Johto:
Chikorita
Cyndaquil
Totodile
Phanpy
Elekid
Magby

Hoenn:
Treecko
Torchic
Mudkip
Ralts
Skitty
Bagon

Sinnoh:
Turtwig
Chimchar
Piplup
Shinx
Munchlax
Riolu

Unova:
Snivy
Tepig
Oshawott
Munna
Zorua
Axew

And yeah, I hope they don't pull the whole Gender-specific starters. Hopefully when selecting a partner, we can choose it's Gender. Also all playable Pokemon can be either Gender like Female Riolu or Male Eevee etc. Not all of the Natures have been used in the Quiz so yeah...

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Here are my predictions for the Player/Partner options. I put 6 per region. Most are the same as the ones from PMD Sky but I added extras to the regions that have less than 6. Some I picked at random lol.

Kanto:
Bulbasaur
Charmander
Squirtle
Pikachu
Vulpix
Eevee

Johto:
Chikorita
Cyndaquil
Totodile
Phanpy
Elekid
Magby

Hoenn:
Treecko
Torchic
Mudkip
Ralts
Skitty
Bagon

Sinnoh:
Turtwig
Chimchar
Piplup
Shinx
Munchlax
Riolu

Unova:
Snivy
Tepig
Oshawott
Munna
Zorua
Axew

And yeah, I hope they don't pull the whole Gender-specific starters. Hopefully when selecting a partner, we can choose it's Gender. Also all playable Pokemon can be either Gender like Female Riolu or Male Eevee etc. Not all of the Natures have been used in the Quiz so yeah...

I don't think they have to balance it like that, in fact I think they'd probably put in slightly more 5th gen Pokemon since this is the first Mystery Dungeon title they'll be appearing in. I'd say it'll be more like this:

1st Gen:
Bulbasaur
Charmander
Squirtle
Pikachu
Eevee

2nd Gen:
Chikorita
Cyndaquil
Totodile
Phanpy

3rd Gen:
Treeko
Torchic
Mudkip
Skitty

4th Gen:
Turtwig
Chimchar
Piplup
Shinx
Riolu

5th Gen:
Snivy
Tepig
Oshawott
Blitzle
Zorua
Axew

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Woo! So obvious Mystery Dungeon was obvious. I've never actually played one, but I'm excited for Pokemon transitioning to the 3DS. I want to see what they can do with the 3D graphics too. Mystery Dungeon's 2D animation is generally beautiful, but it wouldn't work as well.

gliscor&yanmega

Why are some people worried about Pikachu being a forced player? Have they done that before? I haven't played one of these since Blue, but I find it hard to believe they would limit it when I would assume so many love being able to play as different Pokemon.

I probably will end up buying this whenever it comes out in Canada, like I said, haven't played one since Blue(Never got around to buying the other ones), and I plan to get a 3DS anyways so why not.

Last edited:

Blazios

OK, why are so many people immediately jumping to conclusions about there only being 5 starters?

When the first Mystery Dungeons were announced they didn't announce every starter. Why is everyone suddenly being so irrational about this?

Toxic Nightshade

GET TO DEL TACO
i LOVED explorers of sky! it had an epic storyline, and i really hope that they have the personality test at the beginnging like the last ones. i really hope that they can top explorers sky, time and darkness. the only problem i see with the games so far is that i used to like the cute little sprites, and the 3D aspect is gonna take some getting used to. . . .

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod

Kanto:
Bulbasaur
Charmander
Squirtle
Pikachu
Vulpix
Eevee

Johto:
Chikorita
Cyndaquil
Totodile
Phanpy
Elekid
Magby

Hoenn:
Treecko
Torchic
Mudkip
Ralts
Skitty
Bagon

Sinnoh:
Turtwig
Chimchar
Piplup
Shinx
Munchlax
Riolu

Unova:
Snivy
Tepig
Oshawott
Munna
Zorua
Axew

Pretty Good List, but here's Mine...

Kanto
Bulbasaur
Charmander
Squirtle
Eevee
Vulpix
Meowth
Pikachu

Johto
Cyndaquil
Totodile
Chikorita
Phanpy
Togepi

Hoenn
Torchic
Treeko
Mudkip
Skitty
Ralts

Sinnoh
Chimchar
Piplup
Turtwig
Shinx
Riolu

Unova
Tepig
Snivy
Oshawott
Axew
Litwick
Zorua

I like this list, it brings back some old players, and adds in some that should of been from the start

And yea, I really dislike Pikachu >_>

I guess for me they'll have to really top the Music

Dialga's fight to the Finish and I don't want to say good-bye are hands down the best spin-off tracks IMO