• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity (March 24th 2013)

diakyu

Something is wrong here. The partner select usually comes after you get your main pokemon through the quiz. So why does this game's partner select show pikachu, snivy, axew, oshawott, and tepig? See the problem? The partner list should be missing at least one pokemon.

For example, say you get pikachu through the quiz. Pikachu should now be removed from the list. Unless we can pick a pokemon of the same species which wouldn't make sense.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
This game looks amazing, not a huge fan of MD, first one was good, but after that they started to become boring, but this one looks fantastic, I'll be purchasing it.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Looks good. He are my predictions.

Kanto
Bulbasaur (Calm)
Charmander (Hardy)
Squirtle (Rash)
Pikachu (Brave)
Vulpix (Female only) (Relaxed)
Cubone (they seriously need to bring this back from RB) (Male only, starter only) (Lonely)
Eevee (Female only) (Naïve)

Johto
Chikorita (Docile)
Cyndaquil (Lonely)
Totodile (Rash)
Phanpy (Male only) (Relaxed)
Mareep (why not?) (Female only) (Mild)

Hoenn
Treecko (Adamant)
Torchic (Sassy)
Mudkip (Gentle)
Gulpin (Male only) (Mild)
Spoink (Timid)
Trapinch (Male only) (Bashful)
Skitty (Female only) (Quirky)
Ralts
(Female only, starter only) (Timid)

Sinnoh
Turtwig
Chimchar
Piplup
Shinx (Male only)
Riolu (Male only)
Cherubi (Female only)
Drifloon (Starter only)

Unova
Snivy
Tepig
Oshawott
Munna (Female only) (Lonely)
Zorua (Male only) (Quirky)
Axew
Cubchoo (Male only)
Sandile
Blitzle
Minccino

Partners
Munchlax
Buneary
Meowth
Purrloin

I updated some pokes in, and did some natures. I'll add later.

I absolutely adore the Mystery Dungeon games. They are in my opinion the best games ever, of all time. I love the story, and I love being a Pokemon, and I love all of the gameplay aspects to the game. So a third instalment, AND one with brilliant looking graphics? Hell ****ing yes.

It seems form the video that at at least one stage, you can have your group of Pokemon all at once. I may be wrong and that may just be guild members or town members but yeah.

In addition, to those who are worried about there only being Pikachu, I am certain that you can be other Pokemon. For when they say which Pokemon will be appearing, when they announce Tepig, they show this.
http://www.iaza.com/work/120916C/iaza13221376961200.png
Now that looks pretty much certainly to me like the player as a Tepig. Pikachu is not present in the picture. And the camera is focused on Tepig. Whether or not this is after the maingame, I don't know. But you can definitely be different Pokemon in some way than just PIkachu.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
Now we should speculate about the story. According to IGN's top 100 RPG's, Black and White ranked up to #35 due to the leap of improvement and importantly, the deepest and darkest and edgiest story in the franchises history. Let's see if this game can match or out perform Black and White / Black and White 2 in the story category.

Anima

I've been a huge fan of the mystery dungeon games, especially time/darkness/sky and I am definitely excited for this! I just wish there was better selection for starters than just Pikachu, Axew and the 5th gen starters :S It kind of makes me nervous about whether they are including all existing pokemon in the game or just a portion of them. Bleh.

ManhattanTheStarr

I updated some pokes in, and did some natures. I'll add later.

Eeeh, at this point, I'm sure we can mark Zorua out in possible starter Pokemon. As there's already been a video showing a Zorua being recruited in a dungeon.

...And why male only? Gender specific starters're what screwed with the replay value in RRT/BRT and EoS. Not having as many options for playable Pokemon because of your gender? Not cool. Especially considering the fact that so far, all available starters have been able to be male as well as female in the main series. And honestly, if anything, you'd think Zorua would be a female only exclusive. :p

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I absolutly love the graphics in this game. Also love that you can have axew and zorua as a partner =D

Toxic Nightshade

GET TO DEL TACO
i just saw the new trailer for the game, and it looks really awesome. and i agreee with the last posts, i hate how some pokemon in explorers of sky are gender specific, like, i'm a girl, and if i want to be a shinx, they won't let me. and if i want to be a riolu, they won't let me. I hope it's somewhat different in this new game.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Eeeh, at this point, I'm sure we can mark Zorua out in possible starter Pokemon. As there's already been a video showing a Zorua being recruited in a dungeon.

Starter Pokemon are recruitable in other areas of the game. That says it's unlikely, but not impossible. And also keep in mind that it may be a partner but not a starter.

Anyway, I'm kind of disappointed that the video is hinting that there's only 5 starters and no personality test. It made the game feel more personalized that way. I'm thinking if the 5 starter thing is true, I'll go for either Snivy or Axew. The rest of the game looks good so far.

It seems form the video that at at least one stage, you can have your group of Pokemon all at once. I may be wrong and that may just be guild members or town members but yeah.

I think those are just guild members. You wouldn't even be able to have that many Pokemon out normally, it wouldn't make sense to keep track of that many Pokemon.

In addition, to those who are worried about there only being Pikachu, I am certain that you can be other Pokemon. For when they say which Pokemon will be appearing, when they announce Tepig, they show this.
http://www.iaza.com/work/120916C/iaza13221376961200.png
Now that looks pretty much certainly to me like the player as a Tepig. Pikachu is not present in the picture. And the camera is focused on Tepig. Whether or not this is after the maingame, I don't know. But you can definitely be different Pokemon in some way than just PIkachu.

Remember that one menu selection screen where it shows Pikachu, the 5th gen starters, and Axew? That looks like a starter selection screen. So it seems that those will be the starters and no personality test. But I could be wrong on that.

Now we should speculate about the story. According to IGN's top 100 RPG's, Black and White ranked up to #35 due to the leap of improvement and importantly, the deepest and darkest and edgiest story in the franchises history. Let's see if this game can match or out perform Black and White / Black and White 2 in the story category.

Well here's what I can gather from the trailer. Kyurem seems to have a major part in it and I assume his forms will be showcased, which means Reshiram and Zekrom would need to appear (they'll probably be important too). Virizion seems to be the guildmaster, so Terrakion, Cobalion, and maybe Keldeo will likely appear and have a major role. The guild seems to consist of you and your partner, Espeon and Umbreon, Virizion, Gurdurr, two Timburrs, Dunsparce, Emolga, Quagsire, and Scraggy. Hydreigon also appears to be a villain or boss. One scene shows them overlooking a giant ice city or something, probably Kyurem's lair. That's about it. My guess is that if Reshiram and Zekrom will appear, there's going to be a major truth vs. ideals theme in the storyline. Kyurem will probably be a neutral party being fought over. Each of the Musketeer trio is likely to have established separate guilds for training rescue teams (which would explain Terrakion and Cobalion's absence). Virizion's relationship with his partners will probably be explored.

Last edited:

diakyu

Errr, on serebii's homepage it says that we have to take a picture of ourselves to get our partner chosen for us. I take it he means the main character because we have always been able to pick our partner. Hmmm, I'm not sure how I feel about taking pictures. Does this mean I won't be able to manipulate it to get the pokemon I want?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Omg, Oshawott looks adorable in these games! It's a shame I won't be able to get them, but the graphics look amazing. I got so used to the first Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games that I didn't think the graphics would change this drastically. I look forward to seeing more screenshots and learning more about the storyline.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Errr, on serebii's homepage it says that we have to take a picture of ourselves to get our partner chosen for us. I take it he means the main character because we have always been able to pick our partner. Hmmm, I'm not sure how I feel about taking pictures. Does this mean I won't be able to manipulate it to get the pokemon I want?

So it does. Good eye diakyu. That makes me wonder what that "starter selection" screen really is then. Will they give us a limited range of options after we use the camera, or do we pick the our partner from those five? I'd like to know more on how this works and if there are more starter options.

*IZ*

Just take pictures of random stuff until you get the Pokemon you want. :)

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Of course it's on the 3DS, and I don't have the money for one >_>.

But hau-au, that looks good! Yeah, there were questions (and I guess rumors) floating around about a new game, and I had questioned it myself. I loved the second game for its story, so I hope this one has a story just as dark as Explorers. I'm a bit excited, even though I'll be a late-arrival (again). Spent nearly 200 bucks on my DS Lite and SoulSilver together, it's going to cost more to do the same with this. Mrr...

Taking pictures of ourselves for our starter? Interesting... if I ever do get a 3DS, I'll have to remember to look my best for it, since it could mess up if I take the picture wrong.