• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity (March 24th 2013)

Rakurai

The trailer has already confirmed that you don't have to play as Pikachu.

Any changes in the dialogue relevance or anything else is fine by me. I dislike the fact that you can't be anything else other than a Pikachu in the game. Another thing that bothers me is that you have a smaller amount of partner poke's to choose from, making the varieties of gameplay awfully limited. Nevertheless, this is just a standalone from the other PMD's.

I'm not sure if I'll be buying this.

We don't actually know if Pikachu is the only 'mon you can play as, although it seems extremely unlikely, or how many different 'mons will be available for heroes/partners. They probably are waiting to reveal the entire roster. Remember, the game was only announced recently and we haven't even gotten translations of the first scans yet.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
We don't actually know if Pikachu is the only 'mon you can play as, although it seems extremely unlikely, or how many different 'mons will be available for heroes/partners. They probably are waiting to reveal the entire roster. Remember, the game was only announced recently and we haven't even gotten translations of the first scans yet.

That's what I'm waiting for. If we could get these translations and at least get some idea of knowing what is to be expected, then I'll be more than willing to know more. What irritated me was seeing you (as the main character) turning into a Pikachu. I was assuming you'd stay as a Pikachu, wheras in the original dungeon games you could be anything. Since it is a standalone, I conclude that Pikachu was the only character you'd be in there gaming, having no relation or intent in being exactly like PMD: Blue, Red, Time, Darkness, etc.

Kenshi said:
Since it's not confirmed, I don't think Pikachu's our only option. They're probably not that jerkish. Also, you can see images that show you turning into a different pokémon.

Like above, more dialogue for the recruits would be awesome. I also would like the idea of not degrading your partner to a generic 'mon like in Rescue Team, yet let you be another pokémon in the overworld, unlike Explorers. Playing as the legendary Zapdos while walking through a town was pretty funny.

The images that show you different pokemon could be the partner selection, like in the other PMD games where you go down a list of pokemon, showing their mugshots. Other than that, I'm slightly convinced after taking a second look.

Heh, and having a massive Palkia/Dialga walking around with you in Sky, Darkness, and Time seemed impossible, but they managed to squeeze their sprites in such a confined environment.

Rakurai

Now that the boxart is out, I'm going to assume that Hydreigon definitely plays an important role in the story, though I already got that impression from the other material. I just hope they don't make it a cliche generic bad guy again, since they already made it an antagonist of sorts in Pokepark 2. That and having dark, ghost, and poison types as antagonists is overdone.

I can't imagine what role Dunsparce could have, though (Nor would I have ever expected to see it on a boxart).

diakyu

I'm glad they kept the scarves for the boxart. I always thought the scarves made the Pokemon look cool.

Kenshi

Gotta say, that boxart looks pretty cool. I liked the other game's boxart better for some reason, though.

Also, it's going to be on the eShop? Well, NSMB2 got this treatment before, and that was pretty much an expansion pack of NSMBWii, so this worries me a bit. At least it looks better than the WiiWare PMDs so far.

diakyu

Also, it's going to be on the eShop? Well, NSMB2 got this treatment before, and that was pretty much an expansion pack of NSMBWii, so this worries me a bit. At least it looks better than the WiiWare PMDs so far.
Nah, don't worry about it. Big nintendo titles will be getting the eshop. Even past nintendo 3DS titles will be on the eshop eventually. Everything we've seen about Magnate points towards it being a new PMD.

*IZ*

Okay, now im kind of worried. With the box art out, it doesn't show any old generation starters. The other PMD games all had different generation starters in their cover. And I totally prefer the other cover styles to this one.

Rakurai

The other PMD games all had different generation starters in their cover.

Actually, they don't.

I know for certain that Explorers of Time only has Piplup and Turtwig (Pikachu doesn't count). Pretty sure Explorers of Darkness was the same.

Eve of the Apocolypse

One Last Battle~
As for the box art, it looks like there's an Emolga. Emolga = Gen. 5 Pikachu.

Pikachu is a starter for this... hm... Anyway, Emolga's pic is a bit small, so I'm not sure if it'll be a starter. Maybe. *shrug*

But anyways, I'm sure that they won't make the Adventure Squad mistake again. Those were just awful, and not just because they weren't exported.

*IZ*

Actually, they don't.

I know for certain that Explorers of Time only has Piplup and Turtwig (Pikachu doesn't count). Pretty sure Explorers of Darkness was the same.

Explorers of time doesn't have Pikachu, bro. It has munchlax! Darkness is the one with Pikachu. I never noticed actually. :O I got worried for no reason. Thanks a lot, man.

Sadarac

The only PMD games I recall having starters/evolutions from gens earlier then the gen the game was released during are PMD: SKY (Charizard) and Blue Rescue Team (Squirtle). I Hope that all of the previously available starters/partners are in this, Since I like having riolu, shinx and charizard as options.

DarkOverlord777

The Dragon Mage
Its about time they give dunsparce some love! Would love it if you could be dunsparce or at least have it as a partner,which is a bit doubtful since in the trailer its shown talking to you and your partner....But I hope dunsparce at least has a somewhat important role! But anyway, can't wait for this game! Looks so amazing.Been so long since i played a mystery dungeon game....

Azurus

The Ancient Absol
Dunsparce hands out the quests man, it's like your bulletin board, this was said at the very beginning.

DarkOverlord777

The Dragon Mage
Dunsparce hands out the quests man, it's like your bulletin board, this was said at the very beginning.

My apologies. I did not know. I still want one on my team though.