• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity (March 24th 2013)

HRRlion

2795 4358 7025
maybe now we can have a 5th gen pokemon ranger game......yes? please nintendo?

For the foreseeable future, I can't see a 3d Ranger Game. It would be cool, but IMO it's run its course, at least for a good while. Although getting it in the latter half of 2013 could definitely work as it appears we have no mainstream game coming next year (for people outside of Japan). I wonder if the monster rooms or whatever they're called are returning. I had many a bad experience with them...

hawkmbl

Curious
Hmm... Everyone is talking about PMD Wiiware getting bad reviews, but I can't find a single review online anywhere. Can anyone link me one?

Clair Aragon

You know I'm wondering why they sent this one out, but they didn't do it for BSL. I think it stupid, I heard that they got rid of the test, because people didn't like it. I actually enjoyed the test! And I'm not buying a 3DS if it's going to be stupid. I love Time, Darkness, and Sky! I just hope thes are as good as them. And it seems they have their stories...plain lately. Don't get mad when I say this, but I didn't like the story line of Black and White nir Black and White 2.

Nightstar1994

I've encountered Landorus like 5 times already, and i never managed to recruit it, omg. This is so hard. How did you even recruit him Serebii, or Coronis? The Password Item to recruit Ground Type isn't even helping me a bit -__- (I've gave it to the Pokemon i'm defeating Landorus with, and it still doesn't recruit!)

Rakurai

Ridiculously low recruit rates aren't exactly a new thing for the series.

I do kind of wonder how effective the Friend Ribbon is in this game compared to the Pokemon/type specific recruitment items, considering how difficult it is to get.

Nightstar1994

Serebii states it would be best if you used Flying Gift to easier recruit Landorus, but the problem is: There was no password for Flying Gift revealed yet! >.<

Rakurai

There isn't a single item in the game that's only available through those passwords.

The various type specific gifts show up as random mission rewards, for instance.

G50

No longer posting
There isn't a single item in the game that's only available through those passwords.

The various type specific gifts show up as random mission rewards, for instance.

They also are given through team rank-ups

Nightstar1994

Okay guys! On the first day of 2013, i've FINALLY managed to recruit Landorus! I just realized that you only have to use the Ground Gift while facing Landorus, before (Like 10+ times when i encountered him), i've threw the item at him and wondered why it didn't work XD.

Now with Landorus, the game seems really easier!

Rakurai

I wonder if there are any dungeons that pose a remote threat to a level 100 Pokemon.

It was nice that they added some dungeons in Sky that addressed that issue, but in the other games, pretty much the only thing you needed to be concerned about at that level was OHKO moves.

Rakurai

It was confirmed ages ago that Pikachu isn't at all mandatory and that the quiz is gone.

On a separate note, it sounds as though this PMD is the most restrictive out of all of them when it comes to allowing you bring teammates of your choice to storyline dungeons. I presume it's because they expect you to use them in Friend Mode to support your hero and partner while they're out in one of multiple marathon sequences where you can't go back to town to restock, though.

Last edited:

hawkmbl

Curious
I'm still VERY Excited for this game. Who cares if there aren't a lot of pokemon? The original Red/ Green games had only 151 and everyone still had fun.

...NOW I'm worried that a stupid sudden delay will happen... (Like with Brain age 3DS)

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I'm still VERY Excited for this game. Who cares if there aren't a lot of pokemon? The original Red/ Green games had only 151 and everyone still had fun.

...NOW I'm worried that a stupid sudden delay will happen... (Like with Brain age 3DS)

Oh, please no. If a delay comes. I'm going to freak out for how much I have to wait for. This, XY, and, uh, erm...

hawkmbl

Curious
Oh, please no. If a delay comes. I'm going to freak out for how much I have to wait for. This, XY, and, uh, erm...

I'll do the same thing. Trust me. I don't want that to happen. I at least hope they talk more about it before the release (That prevents delays)

Marethyu

Is there any confirmation on whether or not this game is coming to Europa as well? I hate that they are always so silent here and never give us a release date until two weeks before te games come out xD

icebolt

Aerial Ace
I'm kinda worried about what this game's gonna be like. It doesn't seem to live up to the standard of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2. From what I've (guiltily - couldn't resist...) read the plot seems rather confusing.
And a giant snowflake for the final boss!? Come on now, Kyurem would've made a much better final boss...