• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity (March 24th 2013)

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter
Sounds like those of us who used Pikachu and/or Axew in our main games are left in the dust, though.

Can anyone else confirm this, that your main story choices don't appear in the Magnagate dungeons?

Manna

Rockin' the Suburbs
Ah, this game is coming out one week from today. Already paid off my game. NOA, you better have the game in stock this time.

Sounds like those of us who used Pikachu and/or Axew in our main games are left in the dust, though.

Can anyone else confirm this, that your main story choices don't appear in the Magnagate dungeons?

I have played over 30 Magnagates in the demo and not once has it given me Oshawott or Pikachu. It's safe to confirm, at least in the demo, that the two Pokémon you chose for the story are excluded from the list of Pokémon selected from the 5 starters for use in the Magnagate dungeons.

VaironGod

Dunsparce>Arceus
I'm gonna assume it is just in the demo to give us a chance to use the other starter Pokemon. Also in the full version I'm we also get to use evolutions of the starters. So that'll be nice.

Also just wondering if anyone knows but to Pokemon get all of their abilities, like in the other games, or just one? I'm asking because I noticed Axew doesn't have Rivalry. Although that is probably just because of their not being any genders in other Pokemon.

Icay4321

Excuse me for not looking back, but how many total Pokemon are available in this game?

Rakurai

Also just wondering if anyone knows but to Pokemon get all of their abilities, like in the other games, or just one? I'm asking because I noticed Axew doesn't have Rivalry. Although that is probably just because of their not being any genders in other Pokemon.

Pokemon now just have one of their abilities chosen at random. This is most apparent with the Minccino in the demo.

Axew does have Rivalry still, but it now boosts its damage against other dragon types instead of the opposite gender. It's also impossible for the starter Axew to have it.

Excuse me for not looking back, but how many total Pokemon are available in this game?

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter
I found the perfect Magnagate in my home, perhaps this can help anyone having trouble getting them to work consistently:

I have a light fixture in the middle of the master bedroom. When turned on, it causes a round reflection on my white wall, as most lights do when shined on a wall. It's weird, but even though there is nothing even resembling a perfect circle in that reflection, my 3DS finds a Magnagate in it extremely easily, every time I try.

I just put a CD up to my TV while the room is dark. Works every time.

HectorB

I've never played a MD game before....Can you continue playing after the story is done like in the regular Pokemon games?

Last edited:

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter
I've never played a DM game before....Can you continue playing after the story is done like in the regular Pokemon games?

With previous games, half of the game was the post-story content. The story itself, assuming it's as long as Explorers of Sky, should last you longer than playing through the main story in even a main series Pokemon game. PMD games are famous for being packed with content.

... very, very difficult content.

If you've never played one, I recommend you get Explorers of Sky, even if you're already getting this one. EoS is one of my favorite games of all time.

Rakurai

According to the Japanese game wiki, there's 19 different magnagate dungeons available in the demo, five of which have a four star difficulty.

I must be freakishly unlucky to have never visited one of them after almost 12 hours of playing the demo.

Also, the hardest magnagates have your party set to level 70+. Sounds pretty hardcore.

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter
According to the Japanese game wiki, there's 19 different magnagate dungeons available in the demo, five of which have a four star difficulty.

I must be freakishly unlucky to have never visited one of them after almost 12 hours of playing the demo.

Also, the hardest magnagates have your party set to level 70+. Sounds pretty hardcore.

I hope we get to play as more than just the five starters and their evolutions, though I'm not holding my breath in this regard.

Also, one thing I read on the Serebii main sight that I had overlooked before. You know how, when you check your Magnagate's info, it says either "Discover a Magnagate" or "Explore the Infinite Dungeon?" Apparently, in the main game, if we get that second choice, we will, in fact, get the option of continuing into the dungeon indefinitely. I couldn't find a way to trigger this in the demo, alas. Makes me curious if there'll be another boss after a few floors, or if continuing indefinitely will be a "fight 'till you drop" scenario after the boss room.

Rakurai

Something I'm feeling a little concerned about is whether or not you'll receive the prompt to carry over your save data from the demo more then once.

The reason being I'd like to replay the intro in the full game to see whether or not they really did axe the gender choosing.

hawkmbl

Curious
Something I'm feeling a little concerned about is whether or not you'll receive the prompt to carry over your save data from the demo more then once.

The reason being I'd like to replay the intro in the full game to see whether or not they really did axe the gender choosing.

Take out the SD card before starting the full game, and volia! It works.

Rakurai

Just because we're discussing this game doesn't mean we're going to dust off our games to rescue somebody.

Also, you could've easily made it back to the point you were at in the two weeks you've been waiting. I'd suggest just using a rescue mail generator.

Rakurai

Well, now I have three Pass Scarves and TMs for Struggle Bug, Pluck, and Thunder Wave, but have yet to have gotten either of the two hold items I want.

Then again, I'm not entirely certain you can even get them in the demo, but considering I've only gotten one of numerous other types of items after over 12 hours of the demo, they could just be extremely rare...

EDIT: Also obtained a Bulldoze and X-scissor TM, but no new hold items. I have noticed, however, that I've started to get four star difficulty dungeons a lot more frequently, and they do seem to be more prone to giving out good rewards.

If someone does actually manage to get X-ray Specs, a Pierce Band, or Gold Specs (Or whatever the item that lets you see gold bars on the map is called) noting which dungeon it was a reward from would be extremely helpful, as certain items seem to be found only from certain dungeons.

Last edited: