• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity (March 24th 2013)

hawkmbl

Curious
You can't really kill the voice of life. It's more like destroying a suit. But I guess if you want to count it as a death, sure, it's the first.

Actually Hydregion being murdered as a voice of life is WORSE than if he was a normal pokemon... Think about it, a GOD of the pokemon world, KILLED in physical form... I'm surprised it hasn't caused much controversy yet, especially when in FFVII Aerith had a similar death, not nearly as bad and everyone freaked out over it

Chakra1412

In any case, I recently got around to reaching Royal Rank, which unlocked all of the themes from the start of the sixth chapter up to the final boss. I still get chills from listening to most of them, especially Despair: Heavy Arrangement and the Glacial Palace East Spire and Great Spire. It really is pretty jarring how much the game's mood shifts in the final chapter, even in regards to the music.

I also can't stress how much I love the second final boss theme. The flutes in the first half of the song make it amazing.

Now to grind out 58K paradise points so I can hear those tear jerking ending themes again...

I'm in the same grind as well for awhile now. Still only about 30k away from hitting max rank and unlocking those last songs from the game. Just gonna take some time is all. Even after it's maxed out though of course next best thing is to restart the game at some point.

BayBeeBoi

Hey guys... is there a website or list where i can see how to evolve certain pokemon, for example I wanna evolve my lampent into chandelure, i have a duskstone but it can only hold it, so i thought maybe it has to hole it while it evels up but that didnt work either. I tried finding this info on serebii but al i could find was a list of all the pokemon you can optain but not how to evolve them. If there is such a list on here somewhere and i just cant find it, please give me the link. Thanks.

Rakurai

You can only evolve a Pokemon in dungeons.

Just enter a dungeon and use the Dusk Stone there to make it evolve. You'll only get the option of letting them hold it when you're in town.

BayBeeBoi

You can only evolve a Pokemon in dungeons.

Just enter a dungeon and use the Dusk Stone there to make it evolve. You'll only get the option of letting them hold it when you're in town.

oh wow don't i feel stupid now... thanks Rekurai. But how about piloswine and woobat, i can't figure out how to evolve those either. I bet i'll feel just as stupid after finding out lol.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I have two questions. Where is Meloetta? I have a empty area and have checked it after every mission but she is not appearing.
What is Druddigon's recruit rate?

Chakra1412

for the Meloetta question, be sure to check all over Paradise as she maybe in a spot you haven't checked yet. It may not be in a *new* open spot. In order from places you opened it should be in the first open spot, is how I saw it happen anyway. For example...if you made cool creekside after plesant plain, be sure to check down the stairs on the far right side....I ended up with that same issue and found there was an area I missed all along

Rakurai

But how about piloswine and woobat, i can't figure out how to evolve those either.

Piloswine is the same deal as in the main games. Just make it level up while it has Ancientpower on its moveset.

As for Woobat, just keep bringing it with you on missions until its status page says "Can evolve", then level it up. That goes for all Pokemon that evolve via happiness in the main games.

What is Druddigon's recruit rate?

I don't know specifics, but it seems higher then Deino's, that's for sure.

I've found that I can get practically any Pokemon fully evolved or otherwise to join me fairly quickly by utilizing the combination of False Swipe and a Friend Bow. It's possible that your level also factors into the recruitment rate as in the past games, too, as I seem to be getting recruits more often then I did when I first reached the post-game.

Last edited:

Manna

Rockin' the Suburbs
I hate how I can't listen to the songs that play at the end of the game without getting teary-eyed.

Also, my partner is pretty underleveled for the World Core. Looks like I'm going to be grinding for awhile.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Piloswine is the same deal as in the main games. Just make it level up while it has Ancientpower on its moveset.

As for Woobat, just keep bringing it with you on missions until its status page says "Can evolve", then level it up. That goes for all Pokemon that evolve via happiness in the main games.

I don't know specifics, but it seems higher then Deino's, that's for sure.

I've found that I can get practically any Pokemon fully evolved or otherwise to join me fairly quickly by utilizing the combination of False Swipe and a Friend Bow. It's possible that your level also factors into the recruitment rate as in the past games, too, as I seem to be getting recruits more often then I did when I first reached the post-game.

Where can you find a friend bow?

Rakurai

If you have the Pika Land, Ivy Park, or Scalchop Beach DLC, you can occasionally find them there, along with a couple of the other high grade hold items like the Twist Band.

Otherwise, you're going to have to search the 99 floor dungeons or hope you get extremely lucky with the random tickets at the Prize Palace.

I found a Friend Bow while walking through Ivy Forest (as an Oshawott of all Pokémon)

Those Twist Bands have proven to be pretty valuable when doing those requests from the lefthand challenge board.

Rakurai

If there's one thing I really wish they could implement in the PMD series, it would be level scaling for the high difficulty requests.

Even without using any stat boosters, my Pokemon are starting to reach the point where most of the enemies in the post-story dungeons can't even hurt them anymore, which makes things a bit dull.

So I saved up on Reviver Seeds, Pure Seeds and Foe-Hold Orbs specifically to rob Kecleons from Kecleon Bazaar. Here's what I got:
TM Thunder
TM Frost Breath
TM Flamethrower
Limber Flag
TM Scald
TM Thief X2
TM Explosion
TM Dragon Tail
TM Dragon Claw
TM Hone Claws
TM Flash
Resilient Flag
TM Blizzard
TM Blast Burn
TM Bulk Up
TM Venoshock
TM Sky Drop

Quite the haul, I'd say.

Rakurai

Has anyone recruited Cobalion or Terrakion yet?

It's been about 20 days since I reached Royal rank, and I'm pretty sure neither of their challenge requests have showed up yet. I'm mostly curious as to whether or not their requests have a unique description, or if they use the same generic ones the other legends do.

Chakra1412

haven't seen them yet even at Perfect rank after a few days of searching. Just really rare in cases I guess.

Other than working on Paradise facilities more. Only other thing is keeping a look out for those and the 99 floor dungeons. No luck finding or seeing Thundurus, Landorus, and Tornadus either yet

Shiny-Psyduck

Has anyone recruited Cobalion or Terrakion yet?

It's been about 20 days since I reached Royal rank, and I'm pretty sure neither of their challenge requests have showed up yet. I'm mostly curious as to whether or not their requests have a unique description, or if they use the same generic ones the other legends do.
Just keep checking, they should turn up eventually. Their requests are just ordinary challenges. They aren't particularly difficult to defeat either.

Rakurai

Some 10 days later, I still didn't see any of their requests (Unless they're using the same generic description as all of the other challenges, and you're supposed to check the Pokemon you'll be fighting against).

I did, however, find my first nine star difficulty legendary request, and I was already caught off guard by how ridiculously durable the eight star difficulty Kyurem I fought was. Wonder if there's going to be 10 star requests available at Perfect rank (Though they'd be mostly pointless without the need for additional paradise points).

On an unrelated note, I listened to the ending themes again online due to being too impatient to wait until Perfect rank, and I can honestly say that I don't think a single song in a game has brought me to the verge of tears quite as quickly as Enveloped by Light did.

Last edited:

Chakra1412

Haven't seen any 10 star requests myself yet for those missions. There probably will be one eventually.

The intro to "wrapped in light" song is like an instant kick starter to being pushed to the verge of tears more than anything really to me, but they're all amazing in that aspect cause they keep it going just the same.

EDIT: new dlc today as well. time to get those and do some more runs before trying one of those 99F dungeons

Last edited:

hawkmbl

Curious
New DLC... And one of them includes a theme from RRT called "The Giant star approaches"... Where is this theme from in that game? And since we have all the DLC Japan has, will there be more? I want one that has the PMD 2 Ending themes...