• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity (March 24th 2013)

Chakra1412

Please do, as I'm really nervous....

Test #1. Well from my test it seems completely random what you lose and how much of it. Was carrying around 43/48 things and after falling in strongest trail I came out with 39/48 things.

Test #2. Again not like I expected...went in with 39/48 and fell then came out with 35/48.

So it may just be I'm too lucky tonight and just not using too much or that I'm carrying around most junk items like unused multiples of berries/bands/ribbons....but it's not too much of items lost for me in Strongest Trails after those tests.

Rakurai

The thing that annoys me about losing in the level 5 dungeons is that I pretty much never see it coming in advance, so I don't get an opportunity to use an escape orb and keep my items.

My most recent run ended because a random Dwebble hit my Sandile with a Stun Seed then KO'd me in one turn with Rock Blast. I was trying to see if there's a non-legendary Pokemon I could make it through one of the dungeons with, and I had been doing fine up until that point...

Tsutaja1996

Is anyone else here in the UK (or Europe)? I've been checking the E-shop every couple of hours today but the GTI demo isn't there. It's currently 2:15pm. Is anyone else having this problem as well? Is the demo being launched at a certain time? Thank you.

Ludwig

Is anyone else here in the UK (or Europe)? I've been checking the E-shop every couple of hours today but the GTI demo isn't there. It's currently 2:15pm. Is anyone else having this problem as well? Is the demo being launched at a certain time? Thank you.

I live in Sweden and was experiencing the same problem. It's not just you. However, a search on nintendo's website resulted in me finding a QR code to scan and this did let me download the game (demo).
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS/Pokemon-Mystery-Dungeon-Gates-to-Infinity-729310.html

Chakra1412

Hmm, we'll I'm in need of some help with a question answered if anyone can. I've noticed listening to the music in this game on my 3ds xl it sounds like in some songs it will shake the 3ds xl or make some kind of rattling sound. Is that normal from this game on 3ds or xl's? I'm just worried cause I don't hear it from my regular 3ds only my xl...which is only a month old. The sound it makes is kinda piercing to my ears. Noticed the difference after listening to a huge difference compared to the tracks online and my 3ds xl. Anyone who can help in answering this would be greatly appreciated. Need to know if my "new" 3ds just needs repairing. This is the only game I really hear the sounds from clear enough, others its faint but its there too.

Last edited:

Ze DreamGirl

Future Vaporeon
Is it possible to tranfer save data from the demo to the cartridge game or only to the downloaded version ?

Aura Flare Riolu

Cutest Riolu around!
I think the game gives you the option to transfer the save file from the demo when you first start the game up. On both the Retail Card and Digital version so we'll be alright.

Speaking of the demo, I have 23,601 Poké saved up and some useful items stored. And I've only used 2 sessions. Yeah constantly on for hours, grinding money from doing Magnagate Dungeons. There's 3 Reviver Seeds and a Low Sweep TM in the Kecleon store. So tempted to get them but I already have 5 Reviver Seeds and neither Axew or Oshawott learn Low Sweep. I'll hold onto it for the Paradise when the full game releases in 3 weeks.

Ludwig

I think the game gives you the option to transfer the save file from the demo when you first start the game up. On both the Retail Card and Digital version so we'll be alright.

Speaking of the demo, I have 23,601 Poké saved up and some useful items stored. And I've only used 2 sessions. Yeah constantly on for hours, grinding money from doing Magnagate Dungeons. There's 3 Reviver Seeds and a Low Sweep TM in the Kecleon store. So tempted to get them but I already have 5 Reviver Seeds and neither Axew or Oshawott learn Low Sweep. I'll hold onto it for the Paradise when the full game releases in 3 weeks.

You can grind up more money. Get the TM for collecting purposes. I got swords dance and stone edge from completing magnagates and bought low sweep, struggle bug and I forgot the last one.
I only got to level my pokémon up to level 10 before the demo ended.

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
Tried out the demo, quite liked it actually. There were a bit more cut scenes than I would have liked but they were kinda necessary in order to progress the story.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
How can you evolve a Pokemon that needs happiness quickly?
I want to evolve my Pichu.

Aura Flare Riolu

Cutest Riolu around!
How can you evolve a Pokemon that needs happiness quickly?
I want to evolve my Pichu.

I think you have to keep entering dungeons with Pichu. Then the status screen will tell you when it's ready to evolve. I think it's something like that.

Also I just want to know about this because I don't see it anywhere. The experience you get from the Magnagates, do you keep all that experience and then you get it all at once when you enter a dungeon in the main game? Probably not but I just want to make sure.

Last edited:

Rakurai

You don't get to keep any of the EXP earned in magnagate dungeons.

Presumably because it would make it extremely easy to become overleveled early in the story, seeing as you're seemingly able to access all of the magnagate dungeons at any point, so long you've completed enough of them.

I'm still curious about whether or not there's some kind of special ultimate magnagate dungeon to discover, as I've yet to get to all of the ones housing the different legendary bosses (Still need White Kyurem and Reshiram).

hawkmbl

Curious
Test #1. Well from my test it seems completely random what you lose and how much of it. Was carrying around 43/48 things and after falling in strongest trail I came out with 39/48 things.

Test #2. Again not like I expected...went in with 39/48 and fell then came out with 35/48.

So it may just be I'm too lucky tonight and just not using too much or that I'm carrying around most junk items like unused multiples of berries/bands/ribbons....but it's not too much of items lost for me in Strongest Trails after those tests.

Thanks. Started back up a few days ago and I only lost plain seeds and escape orbs, luckily

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
theres one thing i hate about the magnagates. seemingly half the time theres at least 1 floor, where the stairs are in a room with a monster house.

Also, noticed that pikachu/Raichu are the only starters you cant use in magnagates.

Rakurai

As far as I've noticed, the way it works initially is that you can't use the Pokemon who you chose to be your partner in Magnagate dungeons.

Once you finish the story, however, you can use all of the starters.

Rakurai

I find it rather peculiar that there are some nice remixes of the Ragged Mountain, Hazy Pass, and Holehills themes that can only be heard if you get sent into their alternate version (Which is completely identical to the original aside from not being able to recruit Pokemon and the different music) through a mysterosity event.

The chances of most people even hearing them in normal gameplay is pretty slim, as it took me something like six visits to the Holehills with a maxed mysterosity level before I entered the alternate version, plus there's little reason to even bother revisiting those dungeons due to the mission rewards being so low.

The Ragged Mountain remix has a more epic feel to it, the Hazy Pass remix adds some strange techno riffs, and the Holehills remix is almost completely different up until the latter half of the song and has a much more upbeat and cheery tone to it then the original.

Last edited:
I didn't notice about the music. I'll have to look into it.