• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity (March 24th 2013)

Rakurai

The latest thing that's been keeping me occupied is trying to develop a comprehensive list of all of the possible Magnagate dungeon settings. Certain colors of objects will send you to a random dungeon out of a set as far as I've noticed, and so far, I've got:

Red: Cavern, Dunes, Shrine, Tunnel, Volcano, Eternal Ruins

Blue: Beach, Burrow, Crevasse, Shore, Woods, Seasound Ruins

Green: Cave, Forest, Grove, Plain, Ridge, Hoarfrost Tower

White: Desert, Drifts, Grotto, Hill, Summit, Ivory Peak

Black: Barrens, Cliffs, Maze, Outcrop, Track, Obsidian Edge

Any: Turbulent Tor

I've tried numerous colors other then these five, but they all drew dungeons from the same group as one of the other colors.

f anyone has encountered a dungeon type that isn't listed here, I'd really appreciate if you listed what color the object you scanned was and what the name of the dungeon was.

Last edited:

Chakra1412

Hmm, we'll I'm in need of some help with a question answered if anyone can. I've noticed listening to the music in this game on my 3ds xl it sounds like in some songs it will shake the 3ds xl or make some kind of rattling sound. Is that normal from this game on 3ds or xl's? I'm just worried cause I don't hear it from my regular 3ds only my xl...which is only a month old. The sound it makes is kinda piercing to my ears. Noticed the difference after listening to a huge difference compared to the tracks online and my 3ds xl. Anyone who can help in answering this would be greatly appreciated. Need to know if my "new" 3ds just needs repairing. This is the only game I really hear the sounds from clear enough, others its faint but its there too.

So no one else has had this issue I take it? Shaking and scratching sounds are still persisting while I play.

I actually have run across only 2 of the alternate version of dungeon music so far, that being Ragged Mountain and Holehills...though my luck with finding anything special in these magnagates has been.....nothing yet lol. Had no luck with those yet whether it be item wise and no legendary encounters either.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
So no one else has had this issue I take it? Shaking and scratching sounds are still persisting while I play.

I actually have run across only 2 of the alternate version of dungeon music so far, that being Ragged Mountain and Holehills...though my luck with finding anything special in these magnagates has been.....nothing yet lol. Had no luck with those yet whether it be item wise and no legendary encounters either.

If you can hear it in others, then it IS your 3DS.
get it to be repaired, it might have some parts snapped or such.

... Alternate Music?

What's that?

Yeah, I dunno, but the game decided to humbly arrive two days ago... Right when Poké Forest expires to be free. Whoo.

Chakra1412

Yeah it's present in other games too...just more noticeable playing GTI. Still kinda depressing knowing the 3ds xl is brand new and has this problem =/. Oh we'll, repair it is then I guess, thanks

Yeah some dungeons have an alternate version to them you will have a chance to hear after the game when you go into one of the special versions of that dungeon. It's still rare (on my searches at least), but interesting to hear how it's different version is.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Yeah it's present in other games too...just more noticeable playing GTI. Still kinda depressing knowing the 3ds xl is brand new and has this problem =/. Oh we'll, repair it is then I guess, thanks

Yeah some dungeons have an alternate version to them you will have a chance to hear after the game when you go into one of the special versions of that dungeon. It's still rare (on my searches at least), but interesting to hear how it's different version is.

Hum, k.

Obvious I haven't heard yet, I've only gotten the game two days ago, and I'm at Forest of Shadows. Sooo, yeah :p

... Kilionea Road's theme is a remix of another dungeon... I can't think of which one it is though.

Unrelated, again, but the music sure seems to fit the dungeons, locations and feeling perfectly. Especcially from Telluric Path onwards.

Rakurai

The music in this game as a whole seems to fit each moment better then in the previous games.

I was really blown away by how amazing of a first dungeon theme Ragged Mountain was. It captures the feeling of beginning a grand journey so perfectly.

Chapter five onwards is definitely when the music reaches its highest point, though. The Holehills is the song that they made me decide this game is easily in my top 10 game soundtracks ever. I also love the rather silly tone of the Ochre Quarry theme, which is all too fitting for the prior reveal that
Hydreigon is probably the nicest guy in the world rather then evil like one would easily assume.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
The music in this game as a whole seems to fit each moment better then in the previous games.

I was really blown away by how amazing of a first dungeon theme Ragged Mountain was. It captures the feeling of beginning a grand journey so perfectly.

Chapter five onwards is definitely when the music reaches its highest point, though. The Holehills is the song that they made me decide this game is easily in my top 10 game soundtracks ever. I also love the rather silly tone of the Ochre Quarry theme, which is all too fitting for the prior reveal that
Hydreigon is probably the nicest guy in the world rather then evil like one would easily assume.

I know, they seem much better than past ones.

And, let me rephrase my post.

From Crags of (something with an M) (the dungeon where you rescue Espeon from Toxicroak and Purugly).

Oh, and I noticed that all past Poké (from Gen I-IV) all play relevant roles. No random Poké at all. They might as well just solely use Gen V Poké <_< Not that I'm complaining they gave them relevant roles theough...

Rakurai

Except for the Swinub line. They're the sole exception to that rule.

I wonder if one of the game's developers is a fan of the line, or if they just wanted to put them in because of how nightmarish enemy Mamoswine can be between Hail, Blizzard, and Earthquake,

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Except for the Swinub line. They're the sole exception to that rule. I wonder if one of the game's developers is a fan of the line, or if they just wanted to put them in because of how nightmarish enemy Mamoswine can be between Hail, Blizzard, and Earthquake,
Hum, possibly both.Oh, and another thing I noticed: Chinchou and Starmie are in the Sunken Treasure Paradise Shop, while they can't be recruited, and Lantrun and Staryu don't even EXIST in the game.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I beat the game this morning.
I love everything about this game and don't want it to end. T^T

... Meep, I got the game three days ago and I'm at the Forest of Shadows, I feel like I'm speeding, and I really don't want that...

Rakurai

I had trouble putting the game down once it got into the latter half of the story, and ended up finishing it in three days as a result.

I'm still doing stuff in the postgame after over 100 hours, though. There's not as much to do as in Sky, but what is there to do has done a better job of keeping my attention span.

Last edited:

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I had trouble putting the game down once it got into the latter half of the story, and ended up finishing it in three days as a result.

I'm still doing stuff in the postgame after over 100 hours, though. There's not as much to do as in Sky, but what is there to do has done a better job of keeping my attention span.

Oh, K.

Yeah, Munna just joined my party, and I'm about to flee from Hydreigon. She just got us out of the cave.

And I can't stop.

Hum, you mean Paradise and/or getting all Pokémon?

Yeah, Paradise is fun, but getting some of the materials is just a pain because they don't seem to show up.

Er, is it possible to revisit Forest of Shadows without Mapless Street?

Rakurai

It is.

The only dungeons that can't be revisited as far as I'm aware are the Glacier Palace and the various dungeons you enter via the Magnagate in the story.

Pikafleg

Twenty-Six!
Oh, K.

Yeah, Munna just joined my party, and I'm about to flee from Hydreigon. She just got us out of the cave.

And I can't stop.

Hum, you mean Paradise and/or getting all Pokémon?

Yeah, Paradise is fun, but getting some of the materials is just a pain because they don't seem to show up.

Er, is it possible to revisit Forest of Shadows without Mapless Street?

............um, Dude? Seriously? What's the point of doing what you just did that for the sake of others I won't describe publicly?

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
It is.

The only dungeons that can't be revisited as far as I'm aware are the Glacier Palace and the various dungeons you enter via the Magnagate in the story.

Okay, thanks. It isn't really listed clearly on Serebii.

Odd though that stuff like Kilionea Road are revisitable, yet the Glacier Palave dungeons aren't.

............um, Dude? Seriously? What's the point of doing what you just did that for the sake of others I won't describe publicly?

... Uh, what? If you mean who joined me, then I'm just too lazy to wait five minutes for the WYSIWYG Editor to show.

Chakra1412

... Uh, what? If you mean who joined me, then I'm just too lazy to wait five minutes for the WYSIWYG Editor to show.

I think they're on about the spoilers not tagged in the comment. Still gotta be careful here, not everyone here discussing has finished or played it yet.

Yeah I myself was hoping to revisit Glacier Palace, but it's one of those few you can't revisit in the game which is disappointing. Who knows, maybe there is a magnagates version of Glacier Palace that's extremely rare?

Rakurai

You can actually revisit all of the Glacier Palace dungeons except for Great Spire as a random event while exploring a dungeon you visited in the storyline in the postgame. I've only had it happen once so far, though, so it's not a very common occurrence.

I was kind of hoping they'd at least use the music from the Eastern Spire and Great Spire in some other dungeons, since those are easily among my top 10 favorites as far as songs go.

Last edited:

ayeeprill

Shorts Boy- my hero!
Am I the only one who has a couple pokemon that wander off more than the rest? Virizion is NOTORIOUS for it, we'll be on a mission, and she's off at the other end of the dungeon doing Arceus knows what. My recruited Carracosta is pretty bad too.

I was having horrible problems with the second go of Glacier Palace, because I am Snivy, so I had to switch to companion mode, and make a team of Gothitelle, Galvantula, Dunsparce, and Simipour to work on missions and get more items. :p

hawkmbl

Curious
I just had a friend who got the final rank... And looking at the music paradise, I desperately looked for the intro to the credits and the song that plays when it shows "I will always be with you in spirit." NEITHER WERE THERE. WHY? Those are the best songs in the game IMO