• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity (March 24th 2013)

Rakurai

I'd presume the eventual sixth gen title will be much better. The shift from 2D to 3D can often be a rocky one, especially for a smaller development team.

Though in spite of its flaws, this PMD was still a more fulfilling experience to me then the previous ones.

Chakra1412

I'd presume the eventual sixth gen title will be much better. The shift from 2D to 3D can often be a rocky one, especially for a smaller development team.

Though in spite of its flaws, this PMD was still a more fulfilling experience to me then the previous ones.

yeah, seeing as this was the first full 3D Pokemon game made, they had a lot to work on. With X/Y coming out being full 3D there's extra characters already made into 3D so it would make it somewhat easier for them to put into the next. Not saying it will, but it's possible the next may have most if not, all in the game. Either way with it being the first they did an amazing job.

lavulin

Coming back at Meloetta, she didn't gain levels as others. My starter is lvl 50 and she is still lvl 31. But it doesn't matter so mucgh now because I used all my joy seeds that I got. She is pretty usefull. I really like her in my team. :D
About the game, I really love Pokemon Explorer of sky. In my opinion it has a better story. It's darker (and it made me cry)...In Gates to infinity everybody is happy, and everybody remembers you when you come back. ( but I have to admit that the post game when you are called back to Pokemon world was amazing :) )When it comes to dungeons, I love the fact that there is no longer the hunger problem. I just hate when my pokemon dies because she didn't eat the apple. Also I love the lvl share experience. Finally I can build a team! In Pokemon Explorer of sky and rescue team, it wasn't such a joy for me to have a full party because of the lvl difference.
The graphics are amazing in my opinion. :D What I hate is that you can't get evolution stones in dungeons, only by playing the Sunkern treasure and Beartic slide. I hate those games because I'm so bad at them. XD But that was the only way to get a dusk stone for my Lampent.
And the music is amazing!
In conclusion, Gates to infinity is a great game. I'm happy that I bought it. I think it's more suitable for younger players because it's much easier then Explorers and Rescue team but I still like the game very much. :)

Dragon Trainer X

良い感じ!
Some thing can and should be tweaked for the next one, but for the first time on the next system, this wasn't as bad a game as GameInformer made it out to be. There were enhanced platform design, all the dungeons came to life, and there was more complexity in the advanced dungeons than a first-timer can keep up with. I also like the Companion Modem seeing as though it allows me to play with other characters that I may want to try out apart from the actual story line.

Just improve on the gameplay a little, slightly more intractability with the environment, and fix the little things, and I would be ecstatic for a sequel.

I just got the game a few days ago and I absolutely love it! I also just got my first 3DS so this game is my first 3D playing experience. I chose to be Pikachu with Snivy for my partner. I gotta say that static ability and thunderwave have saved my neck multiple times. At first I was disappointed that you could only do one mission at a time, but I understand why because then you'd get materials way to quickly. The absolute BEST part of this game that I love is how all of your pokemon will get exp..soooo much easier if I want to grab a pokemon for type advantage and I don't have to waste time leveling it up to catch up with the rest of my main team members. I have not built much in my paradise yet, but I love the starmie dive game. The beartic one seems a little intense and I'm afraid that I'll really scratch my screen playing that one. Well, the prizes for that one are "meh" anyway. There are some pokemon that I normally don't like but they look awesome in 3D..druddigon for instance. I don't use it in black/white but I'm trying to recruit one because it looks so cool in 3D.

Edit: Forgot to add how much fun it is searching around the house for round/circular object for the magnagate :D

Last edited:

Rakurai

Something I'd really welcome in a future PMD game would be a non-level 1 challenge dungeon where all of the enemies have boosted stats like outlaws, or heck, even bosses.

There's almost nothing that provides a satisfactory challenge once you've reached level 100.

Chakra1412

I figure come the next PMD game we will see a lot more, as they got to work with 3DS capabilities and know how it works and what the fanbase wants from it. They can work more with what it and give us more to the game with the next.

I also figure that

That since they introduced the fact that there "were" more humans other than you brought into the world (being such a great potential plot to add) they included that to give us thought that it may be used for the next game. Just imaging if somehow they could include wi-fi for that to extend how the players connect and play it. Sadly it'd probably end up being spotpass at this rate though...

but hopefully we see a lot more with the next PMD game from better dlc, more challenges, and I'm sure we'll see more starters this time as the 3D models will already be made with X/Y

Last edited:
I've gotten some useful team skills (especially PP restore, self control and sneaky) but I really want the collector, stair seeking and surveyor skills. I've recently finished the storyline and got my main character back (it was hard playing as my partner pokemon @_@) and I've been working on my paradise shops. I've built the starmie dive game, oren farm, reviver farm, and some dojo's. I want to get about 5 more dojo's before working on upgrading the shops. I finally managed to recruit breviary and have gotten vaporeon. Still aiming to get the rest of the eeveelutions. I think I'll wait until I get those other skills before tackling the 6 star difficulty missions.

GreatGonzales

The Master
I'm sure this has been answered already, but when does the main character get to evolve? I've beaten the game, and beaten The Hill Of Universal Order, but I still can't. How might one do this?

diakyu

I'm sure this has been answered already, but when does the main character get to evolve? I've beaten the game, and beaten The Hill Of Universal Order, but I still can't. How might one do this?
Have you leveled him up yet?

Chakra1412

If it tells you "you and your partner can now evolve" then you will be able to level when you hit the required level. I think you have to run one level after the post game to be able to evolve

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.

Like the previuos posters said, try to level it up.

If you can't evolve any Pokémon, then the Everlasting Team Skill must be up, which prevents your Pokémon from evolving.

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
I feel that Chunsoft can add more post story though, or at least just include all gen 5 Pokemon in the game. I felt this game is not as compact as PMD Explorers of Sky. Just because it is 3D, that doesn't mean they have excuses -_-

Look at the Gen 6 one!

Chakra1412

They could have, but I feel they were in a rush to get it out there. I still see this game as Chunsoft's test for a PMD game on a new system with an all new model look. I still find it a great success even with the little amount compared to the others for parts of the game.

With X/Y coming this fall I have no doubt with the next game, it'd be easy to shift all Pokemon to a 3D image for the next PMD game and add more to what the fans want from the series. It's just i think they were seriously being pressured for time on this game, so it was just rushed out with a limited character list as to post story. Ending up doing what all these recent post game titles were doing, going with pure gen 5 stuff.

I definitely love the game :D. My paradise now has 3 sunken treasure shops and now I'm focusing on getting the materials to get my dojo's upgraded. Oh, I actually have a question I meant to post before..I opened a boutique store and upgraded it once..I never really bought anything cause I was waiting for something good..then the shop owner disappeared and abandoned the shop. The only thing I could do was to tear it down. I was pissed at the time because of the wasted materials..so how long can a shop go without being visited before this happens? Can this happen to dojos as well?

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
You shouldn't tear it down as you may find Drilbur waiting for you if you want to enter a secret dungeon and get rare items.

And yes Chakra1412, it feels kind of rush to me. Even so I still received alot of streetpasses for this game which prove alot of people still play the game despite the less contents. Oh well see what 6th gen has to offer!

You shouldn't tear it down as you may find Drilbur waiting for you if you want to enter a secret dungeon and get rare items.

So wait...if I have an empty shop in my paradise a drilbur can show up and take me to a dungeon without having to go through the gate 0_o..I didn't know this.

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
Yup! But not all the time he will be there~Keep going through cycle of days (finish one mission) and go back to spot and see whether he is there.

It is worth it. So no need to purchase DL content such as Skill Treasury or Kecleon Bazaar for those items lol. Unless you are very desperate for skills and evolution rocks.

Well for me since I bought DLC, I don't need to wait. And I already filled my paradise mostly Pure Seed plantations.