• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Rescue - Team Go-Getters Out Of The Gate! (021)

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Eh...I know Pokemon is a kids' show and all, but this just felt too young for me. The acting was really forced in this. Plot-wise, I'm really sick of Skarmory abducting random people/Pokemon and do who-knows-what to them. On the plus-side, I liked how the backgrounds were animated to resemble the actual style of the Mysterious Dungeon games.

I swear those Kecleon were gay. XD

Last edited:

Kuroshi

I really enjoyed this special.

I loved all of the voices, and the animation was very good.
Team Meanies Rocks I have become a fan of them.
It looked to me like something was controlling/influencing Skarmory, it's eyes were glowing red, untill after Go Getters defeated it... It really seems like there will be more episodes.

Zabi

Not really here.
This episode ROCKED!

I HATED Skarmorys Evil voice, but its regular was fine. Medicham I thought would've been a boy voice, but oh well.

I liked Auntie Kangaskhan.

I like they mentioned a Level Up.

I loved the backround music.

I LOVED the WHOLE THING!

Medea

Excalibur
Super weird is all I have to say.

Well for the most part, most and/or all of the voices threw me off (especially Pikachu). But I must say, I loved Gengar's voice (sounded like Namba). And this Squirtle, for some good reason, I like it so much more than that pipsqueak of May's.

Olympichero191

Embraced by Hatred..
Not really sure, Pokemon talking is what threw me off. I couldn't get used to the voices. Good show, I'm not hoping for a mini-series or anything, but I wouldn't mind it, it'd be something to watch. Auntie Kangaskhan was probably my favorite character.

Okay, here's my full opinion.

First off, we've never heard pokemon, aside from Meowth and certian other pokemon, actually speak English before, so it is no wonder it was a little wierd to all of us. :)

In specials such as this where there are only pokemon, I've been begging for either having all the pokemon speak english or give us subtitles. They finally get around to doing so with this, and I like it!

I hope this does become a mini-series, and with the "to be continued" at the end, we know there's a good chance of that. :)

I have to say that some of the items that will be featured in the games will be pretty impressive. If it wasn't for the fact that it was the effect of the seed he ate, I'd think that Squirtle was using an illegal Agility for crying out loud! LOL!

A specially designed twig that actually HURTS Steel types? There's something for ya! ^_^

If this does become a mini-series, I'm watching it until it ends. ^_^

I don't mind the name Team Meanies too much. With the fact it was a kid's show, I was expecting something not that good. I also go with a fact that bad guys go with bad names! LOL! So I'm okay! ^_^

This is a good show. I like it. End of story! :)

Alaukai

Bwuahahahaha.
Ugh.
It wasn't on cartoon network yesterday.
And its not on toonami today.
They lieeee =(

Either that, or english toonami/cartoonnetwork and american toonami/cartoonnetwork are different things o_O;

MaxPegasus42

The Violent Angel
It was a very interesting show despite some minor flaws mentioned (the whole calling Ekans Arbok really was a crappy job on their part of the dub)... But at least it does the job, certainly got me excited about getting Mystery Dungeon games.

C.J. Ray

I wanted Shaymin! :(
Gengar DID have Dr. Namba's voice.

It's Jimmy Zoppi, who also does new Meowth and did Gary and Professor Oak.

What? Jimmy Zoppi did Dr. Namba? Does that mean he did work for 4Kids and decided to be the only voice actor from there who agreed to work on voices for the new guys?

Opal Pikachu13

I thought this was pretty good. Hearing the Pokemon talk was pretty neat. How PUSA made this was pretty amazing for an english dubbed episode, the animation and the music was pretty good. I liked the personalities of the Pokemon on this. The voices were pretty good. I liked how Pikachu (Pichu's older brother) sounded like a teenager. Overall, this was a great special that PUSA made and I hope this becomes a mini-series.

zonic the hedgehog

HUR HUR USER TITLE
Since I missed the special yesterday, I had to download it via torrents.

Anywho, just finished watching it, and it was pretty decent. Pikachu's voice is pretty surprising, though.

The other Pokemon voices were eh... but weren't horrible (well, pichu's voice did p*ss me off).

Voices aside, the special was interesting. I'm hoping they actually continue this series (seeing as there's a "TO BE CONTINUED" thing at the end), just to see what happens next.

GonbeTR

Banned
I've just watched the episode and I love it. The look of all the places are similar to the game, I am glad because rarely do the writers make an episode like games. They always change game-related thnigs, however this episode is perfect about this point. Moreover, I like the dubbing too. The story is excellent. I have played the japanese verison without understanding the words, however I did understand the concept. So, I think this episode reflects perfectly the concept of the game. Furthermore, I love the animation. Attacks are awesome. I like the idae of level-up an attack like ember-flamethrower and bubble-water gun. I am glad that this special series weill continue because at the end of the episode it is written that "To be continue" !!! And finally, I am very happy that English season of Pokemon has finally started! *pokemon days*

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
To be continued, eh?

Not completely my cup of tea, but an interesting view nontheless. It's cool how they made it similar to the plot of the game (from what I can gather). Also, Pokemon with voices = owned.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Dogasu notes that many other specials end with "To be Continued" and never were.

However, this DEFINATELY seems (and I hope) it will get more episodes.

halloweenghost

I liked it... I just shrigged the Arbok thing.. only thing that made me laugh with a wth moment was when pikachu spoke... it was weird I was staring at the mouth wanting to her the pikachu voice we all know while the teenage boy's voice came out lol

man that skarmory was crazy! I laughed hearing it mutter that phrase, but yeah it's eyes were all red, something was taking control of it...

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
Anyone else find it weird only the Shroomish said their names? It's like it was the attack of the mindless Shroomish band who can't even talk in Pokemon language-_-