• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Rescue - Team Go-Getters Out Of The Gate! (021)

Aero

Lord of Shedinja
I didn't get a lot of things about this episode.
1) Why did Skarmory keep saying "I don't like it"?
2) What is a Corsola Twig and why did it own Skarmory?
3) Was Skarmory possessed or something?

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Even though this special was geared towards little kids, most other Japanese animes are more violent and less "share and care" and I still dream of the day that a pokemon series will be aired on Toonami or Adult Swim in which the pokemon shead a little less tears and a little more blood. I mean, come on, that one episode was banned b/c it involved the use of a firearm towards other people! What I'd like to see a more adult version of MD which mostly stars 2nd and 3rd level pokemon and has a lot more violence and maybe even some blood. This may sound evil to a lot of the younger people who are viewing this post, but hey, I'm 18 and the pokemon shows are starting to lose some of their taste. I'm in it mostly for the battles, because they're awesome. But still, a pokemon series with about as much violence as Naruto would please me greatly. *Imagines a charizard doing a siesmic toss like the primary lotus technique.* *Sighs*

-Steven, PMC Elite

YOU FAIL TEH INTERNET!

Pink Parka Girl

I wish I could change my username
I agree with what people say, those Kecleon brothers were Homosexuals, but that makes me wonder...why are there homosexual pokemon? I mean, homosexuality is a mental disease that goes against one of the most primary natural instincts and since pokemon are more down to nature than humans, I didn't think it was possible to have homosexual pokemon. Oh well, some questions are probably left unanswered...

Mental disease? >:-( Be so very glad I don't know where you live...

Anyway, I'm not sure what to say about the special. Sometimes I felt like it was insulting my intelligence (Team Meanies; the skarmory was furious because it had a bump on the head?), while others I was actually able to enjoy it (character interaction, battles). I must be one of the few who liked the pikachu and pichu's voices - I would have killed something if they made them squeaky (no rule says all talking rodents must be squeaky-voiced, but so many cartoon makers seem to think they must follow this stereotype). Hell, TeenageBoy!Pika was cute! :D

The shroomish were probably saying their names because they were sleepy (they'd been rudely awakened!), added with the mob mentality that seems to rob non-human critters of their powers of speech in Digimon and other anime.

The level thing bothered me - I hate that sort of technicality dropping in fanfic (i.e., Mary Sue pulled out her Level 100 EV trained so-and-so) and it didn't make me any happier to see it being tossed around in a canon source. It's more a personal taste, though, perhaps.

What bothered me the most, though, besides the moments where I felt my IQ dropping by the score, was the fact the pokemon seemed to have an idea what humans are. It's obviously an alternate world where super-intelligent pokemon are able to speak English, understand the concept of business, and build elaborate houses; basically anthropomorphized to the level that they are the world's humans, and that us hairless apes don't exist in any way there. And yet they seemed to know what humans were - I can hope it's because there's been a lot of transformed folk rambling on and on about what humans are, but it's more likely a plot hole >.> Also, I really would have liked to have seen the squirtle before he ended up in the other world, and a little more background depth to him.

Anyway, I'd probably give it a 6/10. There's no forgiving the insults it made to my intelligence, but it was enjoyable, and I'd like to see it as a series :)

(edited for typos)

Last edited:

Pink Parka Girl

I wish I could change my username
Team Meanies were cool, if you ask me.

They made the special, imo.

I meant the name was an insult to my intelligence, not the characters themselves, whom I rather enjoyed :)

I agree with what people say, those Kecleon brothers were Homosexuals, but that makes me wonder...why are there homosexual pokemon? I mean, homosexuality is a mental disease

As a bi guy, I must say.
No.
Just no.

And the Kecleon Brothers sound....Camp. Or what I would expect the sterotype of Homosexual Guys to sound like. But it doesn't make them "Gay".

Back to Topic:
Great episode. I was glad there was references to Poison, Level Up, No cheesy 4kids Puns, Good Storyline.

The only thing that annoyed me was it felt to rushed at the begining, but the pacing was perfect at the end. And Team Meane's name. Something more original next time. =P
Great job PKMNUSA. ^_^
X
~Danny~

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Team Meanie is probably what they are known as in the actual game as well, since they are a Rival Team in that (as is the A-C-T)

Alakakazam
Charizard
Tyranitar.

Team Meanie is probably what they are known as in the actual game as well, since they are a Rival Team in that (as is the A-C-T)

Alakakazam
Charizard
Tyranitar.
Well, at least it is a direct translation from the game. But still....The name team Meanie is just so....unoriginal. Even if it isn't PUSA's fault if they wanted a exact translation.
X
~Danny~

Fanfic:
Max:OK mom,I'm going to Kanto
Caroline:By dear.
Max:*walking to docks for a boat ride*Dum de dum.
Jipsy:Come closer.
Max:What?
Jipsey:Come ,let me tell you your future.
Max:No,its ok,I have a boat to catch...
Jipsey:I see terrible things in your future.
Max:Like what?
Jipsey:I see you,as a pokemon,a blue one.
Max:pffff,liek that will ever happen.
Jipsey:You msut take this seed and ---
Max:Ok thats great,see ya.
Jipsey:Wait!!!

*On the boat to Kanto*
Max:Wow,I'm tired,time for a nap.
-Max wakes up in a forest somewhere and sees a charmander-
You know the rest,if not click the first link in my Sig....

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Well, in the Japanese version they were just Team Blue. But I wouldn't be surprised if they ARE Team Meanie in the US version.

Which, I actually thought was a cool name. You have to be AMAZINGLY cocky to name yourself that, and I think it's better then TEAM DARK or TEAM EVIL!

Well, in the Japanese version they were just Team Blue. But I wouldn't be surprised if they ARE Team Meanie in the US version.

Which, I actually thought was a cool name. You have to be AMAZINGLY cocky to name yourself that, and I think it's better then TEAM DARK or TEAM EVIL!
Its true, it is one of those names you would have to be really cocky to use. And I wouldn't have thought of it.
But still, there is something about it that bugs me. But I just can't click on to what it is. =S
X
~Danny~

◘Ins0mnIac◘

Supreme Overlord
The baby Kangaskhan scared the hell outta me.....I prefer normal epi's of Pokemon but this was nice for a change of pace I guess....

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Even if this doesn't become a series (which I hope it really does), NP is running a 6 month comic very simmilar to this (albeit with different main Pokemon)

PhatBird

OKay, The pokemon WERE NOT SPEAKING ENGLISH! We are seeing the world in a pokemons perspective, therefore they are not speaking our language but we are understanding theirs. I have seen like 5000 people say "I cant believe the pokemon spoke our language." Also i tihnk they overexagerated the oran berry, it only heals 10hp in the games. which isnt a big deal.

PMC Elite Steven

PMC Field Researcher